legolijntje

New DK Lego books coming this year

Hi,

first: I hope this is the correct forum. I didn't know if I had to make 1 topic for all, or a seperate topic in each subforum for every book.

Anyway, I found this PDF document showing the new DK Lego books for this year. It are:

• Amazing Minifigure Sticker Collection
  • Legends of Chime Brickmaster
  • The LEGO Play book (looks like an succesor of the LEGO Ideas book to me)
  • Star Wars Brickmaster
  • Lego Minifigure: Year by year
  • Friends ultimate sticker collection
  • LEGO hero Factory Ultimate Sticker COllection
  • LEGO Legends Of Chime Ultimate sticker collection
  • A bunch of children novels from DC Universe and Star Wars

And, from this topic also new this year (picture here):

• Lego Minifigures Character Encyclopedia

It will be a good Lego book year again :classic:

DK Publishing does a good job of imaging, creating some nice picture books.

I like that they now are having a LEGO Minifig - Year By Year book. That will give a nice pictorial guide from 1978-2012.

For my LEGO DVD/download next update (increasing to 3000 pages), which will be free as a download to current owners... I will be adding a new complementary chapter on the evolution of LEGO figures (not just the minifigs), from the first cyclists/policemen of 1956 thru to modern times. The title page to this new chapter is going to to be this image below....

7777054110_25b76f4f18_b.jpg

The 3rd and 5th image in the 2nd column were the first LEGO figures of 1956... and evolved over the years to people made of just bricks in the 1960s, people with big heads (the Homemaker sets type people), thru the first minifig "stiffs" of 1975-77, to the start of the first true minifigs in 1978... and beyond to the Space/Castle/Pirate/Technic/Belville/Friends, etc... figures, and how they evolved from early stickered figs to later embossed ones, the use of non-ABS plastics, and even discuss the production of modern figs in China.

The rarest of all LEGO figure sets... is the one used to create the brick figures in the upper left image... the 321 Clown Set of 1965, which had a very limited production only in Denmark and Japan... and in MISB today command well in excess of $1000.

I'm having a birthday Eurobrick Bazaar special on my E-Book this week.... :classic:

Edited by LEGO Historian

I'm excited for the Minfigure Year by Year book as well...and for the kids novels in the DC and Star Wars universes. More just that it indicates continued support for the DC Super Heroes than that I actually want to read them.

And the Year by Year book will include THREE minifigures! I hope they are traditional yellow and not flesh color so they go well with my CMF collection.

The LEGO Minifigure Year by Year book now has a cover shot:

This is the version with three minifigures included:

61+106UvTUL.jpg

This is the book version without the figures (for libraries, etc):

61xKkIrZgPL.jpg

The DK site has more info and some inside pages:

http://www.dk.co.uk/...9333128,00.html

9781409333128L_004.jpg

9781409333128L_003.jpg

9781409333128L_002.jpg

9781409333128L_001.jpg

Year by year, every range of LEGO Minifigures is included chronologically and by theme, running from the first minifigures introduced in 1978 to the brand-new Legends of Chimaâ„¢, Star Warsâ„¢, Batmanâ„¢ and Ninjago minifigures popular today. Perfect for any LEGO fan, this visual chronicle is filled with more than 2,000 of the most significant, popular and rarest Minifigures complete with stunning photos and additional information on key favourites. Plus, with 3 classic Minifigures embedded in the cover, it's the ultimate guide to the world of LEGO minifigures.

So do you think the three minifigures shown are the final ones to be released with the book?

• Townsperson
  • Stormtrooper
  • Robber

I'm not sure if I would consider these 'classic' minifigures. The robber is rather recent. Maybe the stormtrooper, but the design hasn't really changed over its history. I suppose they have to throw in some Star Wars since that license practically saved the company. The townsperson seems rather blah.

Which three classic minifigures would you include? A classic space one (yellow?) would be nice. Maybe a classic fire or police officer (with printed buttons of course instead of the original sticker). It may be too much to ask for a knight from the original yellow castle era (they don't make any of those helmet pieces anymore). I'm surprised one of the minifigure is not female, but I suppose you can argue about the stormtrooper for that.

Thanks for the pictures, badbob001 and legolijntje. :classic: I think the Stormtrooper might be okay as a classic minifig...except that they used the newest print. Past collections of classic minifigs have typically used the same print as the original (Exception that comes to mind being one of the reissue spacemen, I think it was blue, that had the logo in the wrong spot.). I would've liked to see the original Stormie helmet and torso prints in this one. I agree that the robber definitely doesn't look like a classic minifig.

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Ah good. Now it can sit beside my revised LEGO Book. Standing Small was looking left out.

Yup, I love Standing Small, too. Always happy to see more LEGO books. And DK does a fantastic job as to quality.

Yes, the shown three minifigures will be the ones in the book. :)

Edited by Miss Kyle