Redhead1982

MOC Lighthouse Island

This looks great! I'm curious how you transported something this big?

Not sure how I missed this, but glad I found it now. The irregular shape of the island is superb as is the lighthouse itself :thumbup:

Great work incorporating interiors as well, not easy to do in round buildings. The working light is the icing on the cake :wub:

Very nice work. It can easily be seen that you put a lot of effort (and hinges) into it and the result is awesome. Round shapes are always challenging and here you really managed to create a perfect one, considering the size of the creation. I also like the cliff, it somehow reminds me of the cliffs of volcanic origin, but it definitely looks like the coast being constantly destroyed by the sea.

The best thing, however, was seeing the lighthouse in action at the exhibition. Together with some incidental visitors on the island. :classic:

The most interesting observation from the exhibition was that the girls noticed mermaids and dolphins, while the boys saw only the Maersk ship in the back.

And of course I, as a boy, added this ship to layout. :)

Sorry, I think I forgot to thank you in person. :wink: The ship was a nice addition, as the sea (blue baseplates) would look too empty...a cue for ship building.

And of course I, as a boy, added this ship to layout. :)

Edited by Redhead1982

Oops sorry...I just looked in "lego town" section and found it without checking the date