First question,

Is anyone of you good into RobotC? I have this Siemens MC35i (RS232 GSM Modem) witch i want to send a message, when the robot want's it send a message to the computer witch then send message to the GSM Module. you can erad about the SM Module here:

http://extremeelectronics.co.in/microchip-pic-tutorials/rs232-communication-using-pic18f4520s-usart-pic-microcontroller-tutorial/

The entire setup is because i have to make my mindstorms send me a text message, when there is a problem in the setup. It's for a city-layout in a LEGO Exhabition.

welcome, and please show us something

Thanks - and i will as soon something is worth lokking at :wink:

I think you should make dedicated topics about your specific problems, otherwise there's a big chance that your questions will be missed. Especially in a "....'s Corner" type of topics, where many people just look for images. Like myself.

I think you should make dedicated topics about your specific problems, otherwise there's a big chance that your questions will be missed. Especially in a "....'s Corner" type of topics, where many people just look for images. Like myself.

Thanks Lipko - it's done.

Now going to make som Technic-stuff for this Corner. :laugh:

I'm currently working at a system that don't look like a big story from outside, but accetly it's a hole lot bigger than that.

A driving car in a City-Layout at LEGO Exhabitions.

Like this one i made earlier:

In this video, it's a small RC Track with a custom train underneath the table, that drives the car via magnets.

My new and bigger experiments is a Mindstorms robot driving round under the road plates, and then drives the car.

There's lot of possibilitys like Stoping for red, turn a random way each time. More cars at the same way (Maybe a police car following a Bank robber) beaing able to drine in a gas station, parking lot ect.) (Figure the rest out yourself)

I run a lot of prototype tests before making the complete model and program, just to make sure every little detail run exactly like it should.

The first prototype is to make the robot be inside a area. I really don't like, if the model gets crazy and drive away from it's route, to the table edge and falling to earth. :grin:

Therefor i made a Square of red PVC-Tape (Electrial-tape). like a big fat wall the robot can't cross. :classic:

The next prototype is the LineFollowing program. I use the "Mindsensor LineFollower-sensor, and it works. it's kinda zig-zag, but i think it's my PID. Trying to adjust it, but i'm almost guessing. Haha :laugh:

Sorry the bad Video quallity.

The test layout will be like this:

Road_system.png

- The black line at the "LineFollower" video it matching the road above.

Edited by martinnygaard

A lot of work... but nice effect.

Accetly it's very simple - and take no time to build - From i got the idea, the first prototype was driven after 2 hours.

You can hear it in the background :D

I want something like this on my layout as well.

Very nice idea!

I've been inspired by the "fallercar concept before" but this is also a good plan to make moving vehicles in a city layout!