Luke Styer

Fire Truck with Fire Brigade?

Scott,

Is your 42x42 plate needed for the width of your layout or for the depth to be able to fit larger engines. Sorry for the noob question but this is my first time on a forum and I am going to try and build a 2 door fire brigade myself and liked yours. I will probably make a few changes but yours is the closest to what my vision was

Talk about bringing back an old thread. :classic:

But just to give you fair warning, but the Fire Brigade set is retired now and quite expensive. You can probably bricklink it at a cheaper price, but that can be very time consuming. Myself, I just don't have the patience for something like that. :classic:

Scott,

Is your 42x42 plate needed for the width of your layout or for the depth to be able to fit larger engines. Sorry for the noob question but this is my first time on a forum and I am going to try and build a 2 door fire brigade myself and liked yours. I will probably make a few changes but yours is the closest to what my vision was

Hi Naptown11

The big plate was used for both, ie to get the width for 2 bays and the length to accommodate city sized fire engines.

Here is a link to more photos

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=500214

Also a follow up, is your FB 42x42 or is 42x32. I love what you did with your FB and am going to make a 4 door version myself from 2 sets and brick link while also adding one brick of height to the first floor to accommodate larger engines. Any suggestions you might have would be very helpful. Im trying to keep all of my sets the standard depth so they can be easily rearranged. Thanks again for any help you might be able to give me.

Also a follow up, is your FB 42x42 or is 42x32. I love what you did with your FB and am going to make a 4 door version myself from 2 sets and brick link while also adding one brick of height to the first floor to accommodate larger engines. Any suggestions you might have would be very helpful. Im trying to keep all of my sets the standard depth so they can be easily rearranged. Thanks again for any help you might be able to give me.

The 2 bay station is on a 48x48 baseplate. I have a 3 bay and 4 station also. They are 64 studs wide x 48 deep. As long as you stick to the standard modular spacing for the pavement and technic conector bricks its easy to place side by side standard modulars.

Here is link to pic of ground floor of 3 bay.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=5423337