Luke Styer

Fire Truck with Fire Brigade?

The ladder's rails make it just slightly too high. Just slightly. But it is the correct width.

Edited by Dhivael

That's too bad. I just got my Fire Brigade, but I haven't built it yet, and while I think the engine it comes with is cool looking, the more modern look of 60002 will fit in better with my other City vehicles.

I just finished building my FB yesterday. It looks amazing, but the only things that let it down for me were the Tree out front, the Brick built Flag and, to be honest that Fire Truck. It's not that the Truck is a bad design - it just looks too retro and it reminds me too much of the 'Keystone Cops'.

(

)

I say raise the FB by a brick and slap in a newer model. Screw the City's budgetary problems it's time for a new Fire Truck!

Edited by eurotrash

That was my first thought when seeing the new fire truck. I want to pick one up eventually this year.

But as for fitting in FB, I'm sure it will be a tight squeeze, if it fits at all. I made my own to fit in the bay.

IMAG0712.jpg

IMAG0711.jpg

I wonder if one extra brick of height will do it. If so, I'm gonna have to raise it by a brick. The more times I look at 60002 the more I want it, and it has to fit into the Fire Brigade.

I was also hoping that the new firetruck could fit in the brigade. As I also remade one myself: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=69213 (and replaced the flag too).

Anyway since 60002 does not fit, maybe that the 60003 would work? http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=60003-1

If someone has it, it would be nice to know its exact height in "brick" units :D

Ok I take it back 60002 fits (height wise)! I still might make my FB one or two plates higher, we'll see. It is too long for the FB bay without modification, so I will start on that. Nice work with the custom fire trucks! I expect much of the same with the Palace Cinema limo. ;)

Edited by wondermonkey

The truck from 60003 will fit; just with some minor modifications. (Moving the plates used for the rotating mechanism two studs forward)

Otherwise it is too long?

I'll probably buy that one then.

That's a good looking Fire Truck, but I'm curious what did you do to the flag that you replaced?

Replaced by a Lego-part flag that I found better looking than a brick-built one:

http://images.mocpages.com/user_images/68992/1335974042m_SPLASH.jpg

I was wondering the very same thing, Luke Styer!

The more I look at that fire engine, the more I wanted it in my Fir Brigade. Thanks for all the tips, guys.

I extended the building all the way back to the back edge of the baseplate. In the picture below the truck is actually touching the front rolling door so this gives me a little extra room to work with. The back doors hang in the air pretty high and I am thinking about replacing them with brick built doors.

8383506443_9653a37454_b.jpg

Originally, I was only going to lift the building up 1 or 2 plates but I couldn't find a plate compatible with the groove for the rolling door so I decided to lift the building up 1 whole brick. I had to add another section to the rolling door as well. From a low angle there is a small slightly noticeable gap between the rolling door and the red pieces above it. If I lower it 1 plate it interferes (totally stops) with the movement of the door.

8383506337_659d9bf331_b.jpg

*Edit: Woohoo I'm Citizen finally!!!*

Edited by wondermonkey

Ok here's the door closed. The large picture is fairly level, looking up a little... think street view. The smaller picture in the corner is looking down more at a normal angle I guess.

Note: I've added a transparent blue door section between the clear sections. I'm intending on replacing it, but it's growing on me. :classic:

8384951876_cd58d46c25_b.jpg

Hey Luke Styler. As you can see from wondermokey's post, a slight extention to the rear of 10197 will accomodate the 60002 fire truck. Just to give some more idea's I had to extend my 10197 further as my trucks are 23 studs long but need 25 studs clearance and I wanted a bit of space all around so my station is on a 48stud long baseplate and the applaince hall floor is 32 studs long using 2 x 16stud tiles. There is even enough room for the engine from 7945

18_2_bay_appliance_hall.jpg15_2_bay_appliance_hall_plus.jpg

Edited by scottwb2010

Is that two Fire Brigades together?

Yes I used 2 FB's to create the double bays and extention out the back but used a 48 x 48 base plate.

Do you have pics of your "full" Fire Brigade modification? I'm curious to see it.

Hi Yes Ive got pics. I really should upload on here but havn't got around to it yet. But I must do it soon

Scott,

Is your 42x42 plate needed for the width of your layout or for the depth to be able to fit larger engines. Sorry for the noob question but this is my first time on a forum and I am going to try and build a 2 door fire brigade myself and liked yours. I will probably make a few changes but yours is the closest to what my vision was