jedi1984

MSFC Blacktron Mining Plant

Hi all!

Here’s my entry for the Micro Sci-Fi Contest:

eb_zpsadfc1be1.jpg

This is a microscale Blacktron mining plant, situated - obviously - on Planet Blacktron. You say: weren’t Blacktrons a group of raiders? Yes, you're right, but they also needed iron to make starships, so… :-)

One thing I noticed during the making of this vignette: I’m really bad at building microscale stuff (this is my first one), so I had to “cheat” with the addition of a flying Blacktron mining droid, just to make everything better eh eh! Anyway everything fits a 16 x 14 studs baseplate, so I'm still legit (or at least I think so).

Additional notes & credits: some mecha building techniques are taken from flickr user IronSniper (I think he’s the best at it). The overall idea of the mining plant is taken from classic Lego sets and from The Brothers Brick administrator Nannan Z (see his “Oasis” diorama, it’s one of the best Sci-Fi Lego things I’ve ever seen).

Hope you’ll enjoy it and forgive my english…

Edited by jedi1984

Awesome! You're not bad at microscale at all. Quite the opposite, in fact. The headquarters/control station (I think?) looks especially cool.

Edited by DraikNova

Nice job! The use of trans-yellow really looks great, and all the pipes and stuff give it a great feel! :thumbup:

Interesting use of pieces. I used to love Blacktron back in the day, so this brings back fond memories. I think the scale is very fitting for what you are going for.

Keep up the good work!

For the first time, you have made a great work :thumbup: :thumbup: I really like it :wub:

Thanks for you support DraikNova, Kai NRG & TheLegoDr, I really appreciate it!

It means a lot to me!

E grazie mille Wedge!

(an Italian mate deserved a separate comment :-)

The headquarters/control station (I think?) looks especially cool.

Yes it's meant to be the control tower... I didn't even think anyone could identify what I was building, so maybe things went out better than I thought :-)

Edited by jedi1984

This is an amazing micro MOC; I really like the forced perspective here. This contest is getting good!

This is awesome. There have been so many great entries into this contest, but this is the stand out one for me so far.

Awesome!

In retrospect I think a "micro LEGO Space Theme" contest would have been really fun... maybe next time :wink:

Great entry, loving the old blacktron feel!

Thanks master Si-MOCs... back in the days when I was a child, Blacktron 1 was my favourite sci-fi theme, too.

Don't know why, but yellow turntable baseplates look really sweet here. Good job with flying droid :thumbup:

Edited by Dark_Alamez

Really great entry!!! Nice colour combinations (it really gives a LEGO Science Fiction atmosphere) !

Also great job making the robot "fly before the camera" :thumbup:

Awesome. Captures the Blacktron feel really well, perhaps the yellow trim is a tiny bit too prevalent, but in micro, colour balance is so much harder to do. The factory structures are good, and the droid thing is pretty cool.

perhaps the yellow trim is a tiny bit too prevalent, but in micro, colour balance is so much harder to do.

I agree with you, this was a thing that I also though while I was building it. Btw for me it seems that this is more visible in the droid (those grey pieces and too many yellow cheese slopes make it seem less Blacktron than it should be). Thanks for the comment and I'm glad you liked it

It's awesome man and......

Grazie per I'ispirazione di cui avevo bosogno

For those who can't speak or read Italian I said " Thank you for the inspiration I needed"