krispy

[MOC] Minifig-scale B-Wing (with instructions and LDD)

Been busy revising some areas of my design, thought I'd pop a few photos up.

Nice tweaks to the model, it really does look good.

I had a few ideas myself but none of them really worked out. One was to use this wheel behind the cockpit instead of the ultra rare one, but unfortunately the windscreen piece wouldn't go back quite far enough into it to make it work.

Edited by TheBear

I just realized my B-Wing model is over 6 years old! I posted my version 1.0 on Brickshelf in January 2008 - lost count of how many versions I am up to now! The great thing about LEGO is they are introducing new, interesting parts every year.

I just realized my B-Wing model is over 6 years old! I posted my version 1.0 on Brickshelf in January 2008 - lost count of how many versions I am up to now! The great thing about LEGO is they are introducing new, interesting parts every year.

6 years old and still better than the 2014 version :wink:

Been busy revising some areas of my design, thought I'd pop a few photos up.

Wow! Nice revisions

I see that the curved 4 x 1 slope is available in dark red - so the rear of the cockpit could have even less studs on the dark red model.

I'd never heard of that incredibly handy round tile with the hole before - I clearly haven't been buying enough sets this year.

You've reminded me that I've been meaning to put up photos of the landing leg on my B-Wing for a while now.

Edited by ScottishDave

Wow! Nice revisions

I see that the curved 4 x 1 slope is available in dark red - so the rear of the cockpit could have even less studs on the dark red model.

I'd never heard of that incredibly handy round tile with the hole before - I clearly haven't been buying enough sets this year.

You mean like this.... :wink:

cockpit.jpg

Love the landing gear ScottishDave! :classic:

Edited by Renegade Clone

You mean like this.... :wink:

Could be. :laugh:

It's looking great. I may need to have a go at this myself!

Love the landing gear ScottishDave! :classic:

Thanks!

Edited by ScottishDave

I shot these as part of a future SoNE freebuild and thought I'd go ahead and post them here while the topic is revived. I based most of this off of Krispy's/Renegade Clone's/etc. design but didn't have the patience to build it brick by brick based on the LDD file, so I diverged in several areas. I also tried to get rid of as many studs as I could. I hope y'all like it. I'll post a link to the freebuild whenever it is ready to post.

14344621897_3893a35992.jpg14360834908_a996453951.jpg

14344622447_d3ae9d9b13.jpg14507987936_278f5d266a.jpg

I shot these as part of a future SoNE freebuild and thought I'd go ahead and post them here while the topic is revived. I based most of this off of Krispy's/Renegade Clone's/etc. design but didn't have the patience to build it brick by brick based on the LDD file, so I diverged in several areas. I also tried to get rid of as many studs as I could. I hope y'all like it. I'll post a link to the freebuild whenever it is ready to post.

14344621897_3893a35992.jpg14360834908_a996453951.jpg

14344622447_d3ae9d9b13.jpg14507987936_278f5d266a.jpg

Hi Goatman461! Nice variant of my design - I like it a lot :sweet: Looks almost like a stealth B-Wing variant. Can't wait to see your freebuild :classic:

<snip>

Nice Job! It almost looks like it could be Ralph McQurrie concept art or a prototype. I'm interested to see how that freebuild plays out!

After reading trough this entire thread I am amazed at all the effort gone towards this one fantastic ship. But I am curious is there one lxf file to rule them all as the best version?

Sorry to bump an old thread but after catching up on Star Wars Rebels and seeing the "Blade Wing" I took the LDD file from this thread and started on my own WIP renovation of the B-wing and started to turn it into the Blade Wing. So far I have done a lot of the recoloring and some minor edits to the wings and top half. I am still trying to figure out a way I am going to do the bottom twin cannon or whatever it is called.

Here is the reference picture I used

52zSvms.jpg

And the WIP model itself!

zVINNYM.png

Attached file is the WIP ldd file.

Blade Wing.lxf

Edited by MilkPls69

Very happy to see someone taking this and playing with it.

I second TheBear's suggestion - this project deserves its own thread.

I see that some of the orange pieces do not exist - that's a shame.

BTW I always thought that the Blade Wing looked more red than orange - but maybe that's just my colour-blind old eyes.

Finally, I'm not sure which version of my LXF you are using, but I see it doesn't incorporate my landing leg, which is in this file here (v1.3)

Edited by ScottishDave
Updated Link

I have seen so so many breakdown pictures in my day. But dude, yours are nearly the greatest. The breakdown (exploded view in OP) is most excellent. Plus I love the level of sharing in this post!!

This moc looks really good and I really would like to build it. But it seems that all of the files on the first page don't work. Is there any way that can be fixed?

On 8/8/2017 at 10:33 PM, Walrus Bear said:

This moc looks really good and I really would like to build it. But it seems that all of the files on the first page don't work. Is there any way that can be fixed?

At the threat of community scorn for necroing this thread: Yeah.. I've noticed the files no longer work. Thanks Dropbox for changing all the public links to private! It is now fixed.

This model seems like a great compromise between overly simplistic like TLG's builds and way too many parts to be reasonably buildable. I'll add this one to my list of MOCs to attempt at some point. Thanks for sharing this build.

40 minutes ago, macaron35 said:

Hi could you please let me know the part number of the black spring used for the cannon ?

thanks 

Its two of the ribbed hose pieces in black - 72504. (78c02 in the old scheme).

1 minute ago, Hold0511 said:

Its two of the ribbed hose pieces in black - 72504. (78c02 in the old scheme).

thanks a lot :)

I know this is an old topic but worth reviving.  I was searching for good plans for the b-wing when I came across this design which I really like.  It seems not overly complicated, sturdy and looks good.  I have the v1.1 LXF file and the 1.0 parts list.  It seems that all of the links to LXF files are dead except the 2 I was able to get.  I saw in the post or a related one that there are or were files for the sliding cockpit, landing gear, and a v1.3 file as well.  If any one has these, could you post links to them.  This is a great design made only better by the various contributors here.  This B-Wing in it's latest version needs to be available.  Thanks in advance.

Edited by ManOBricks