My entry for the Microscale Sci-Fi Contest.

8367863129_eb85ac00d1.jpg

I've always loved the Iron Giant. Here's one of my favorite scenes. (yeah, who am I kidding...they're all my favorite scenes)

Enjoy!

-Chris

Great movie, great build :thumbup:

I love how he's picking up the little tree.

Great movie, great build :thumbup:

I love how he's picking up the little tree.

Hey that's my line !!!

Really nice build, the giant is very well done and accurate (if I remember correctly).

Beautiful build. I was really excited by my WIP, until I saw this. I know it's very early, but I call winner. Great posing.

Micro giant. Think about it. Beautiful.

:classic:

Like I already said on Flickr -- great MOC! Also reminds me of how much we need a sequel (one of they very few movies which could use a sequel, instead of the 2nd & 3rd of some less-inspiring flicks, if you know what I mean), because I often wonder about those robot parts making their way back to each other via that signal on his head :sweet:

Best of luck in the contest!

This is great! - it looks awesome and is immediately recognizable even for someone who has yet to see the movie (I really need to do that, I keep hearing how good it is.)

Beautiful vignette, cmaddison! The Iron Giant looks so soulful, and the SNOT ground with different colours looks great as well.

I had a friend recently say she would rather watch Iron Giant than Iron Man... and now this MOC. Brilliantly done. I think you captured everything perfectly!

That is fantastic! I've seen this movie enough times to know that you've gotten pretty close with this and yet you've managed it using so few pieces, I'm very impressed!