ACPin

Future of SW Contest: Yoda's Legacy (expanded 01/28/13)

Posted January 28, 2013

The temple entrance where four statues of unnamed Jedi masters

who've protected the temple from the Sith wars

is the location for the scene that precedes all of the activity inside the temple...

YodasLegacyTempleEntrance-a00-015EB.jpg

YodasLegacyTempleEntrance-a11-010EB.jpg

YodasLegacyTempleEntrance-a14-019EB.jpg

YodasLegacyTempleEntrance-a16-034EB.jpg

YodasLegacyTempleEntrance-a17-001EB.jpg

YodasLegacyTempleEntrance-a20-009EB.jpg

YodasLegacyTempleEntrance-a21-025EB.jpg

Posted January 22, 2013

Several decades after the destruction of the second Death Star and the annihilation of the Imperial regime,

Luke has finally found the location of an old Jedi temple which has been rebuilt

to further the learnings on the ways of the force and the life of a Jedi.

As he himself was once an apprentice to Jedi master Yoda in the lush swamp planet of Dagobah,

he has made sure that Yoda's legacy lives on by paying tribute to his beginnings in the inner sanctum of the temple.

The humdrum of activity surround the inner courtyard where Yoda's statue and planet Dagobah stand.

Jedi guards keep the chamber secure as the Jedi masters go about daily business with their students.

Jedi master Luke alongside R2D2 and C3PO by the grand staircase

sends off the younglings to their teachers who'll start them off in their studies.

Young padawans listen intently to a Jedi master on the ways of the force by the statue.

Visitors from other galactic systems interested in learning more about the institution

are given a tour of the facilities which includes the Hall of Heroes.

Cast in statues of their likenesses, the Jedi masters who've given up their lives line up the hallway

and their accomplishments kept alive in their memory...

YodasLegacy-a00-003EB.jpg

YodasLegacy-a07-056EB.jpg

YodasLegacy-a08-042EB.jpg

YodasLegacy-a09-057EB.jpg

YodasLegacy-a05-005EB.jpg

YodasLegacy-a13-035EB.jpg

YodasLegacy-a15-009EB.jpg

YodasLegacy-a16-019EB.jpg

YodasLegacy-a18-021EB.jpg

YodasLegacy-a20-012EB.jpg

YodasLegacy-a22-046EB.jpg

YodasLegacy-a23-055EB.jpg

YodasLegacy-a24-015EB.jpg

More detailed pics are available by clicking on any pic.

WIP posts:

Ah the diseases... Our only chance to beat ACPin in a Lego contest :sweet:

And for a title, I'd say "A band of badass", or "Heroes of the past", but that depend of what you're try to represent

Very nice actually worth taking more clearer pictures when it's finished for reassurance...

Maybe Hall Of Jedi

Or

Frozen My Young Ones

(Kinda bad suggestions, but hey ho)

Looks cool, so far :sweet:

I like Bob De Quatres suggestion of 'Heroes of the Past', as I have feeling it's supposed to become an hommage to the Jedi of the Old Republic.

Can't wait to see what this will become! :thumbup:

Regards,

Mitch

Congrats on being the first to post your entry! Well, part of it anyway. :grin: Looks good so far. As for the name, how about "Room full of creepy-eyed Jedi"? :tongue: Nah, just kidding. I think Hall of Heroes has a nice ring to it. If that's too cheesy for you, how about Memorial Chamber?

Maybe he is building a scientific complex where a mad scientist is creating an army of cloned zombi jedi knights !

I am sure this is 1/50 in size of the big episode VII star destroyer ACPin is going to make! :wink:

Looks nice so far! I'm glad to finally see an entry, I was beginning to worry everyone forgot about the contest. :wink:

Looks nice so far! I'm glad to finally see an entry, I was beginning to worry everyone forgot about the contest. :wink:

Don't worry, every one will present their entry at the last moment :wink:

Ah the diseases... Our only chance to beat ACPin in a Lego contest :sweet:

And for a title, I'd say "A band of badass", or "Heroes of the past", but that depend of what you're try to represent

Along those lines but it will be clearer the next update.

Very nice actually worth taking more clearer pictures when it's finished for reassurance...

Maybe Hall Of Jedi

Or

Frozen My Young Ones

(Kinda bad suggestions, but hey ho)

:laugh:

Looks cool, so far :sweet:

I like Bob De Quatres suggestion of 'Heroes of the Past', as I have feeling it's supposed to become an hommage to the Jedi of the Old Republic.

Can't wait to see what this will become! :thumbup:

Regards,

Mitch

More to come in a few days...

Congrats on being the first to post your entry! Well, part of it anyway. :grin: Looks good so far. As for the name, how about "Room full of creepy-eyed Jedi"? :tongue: Nah, just kidding. I think Hall of Heroes has a nice ring to it. If that's too cheesy for you, how about Memorial Chamber?

Yes, it's only a part of the bigger picture.

Maybe he is building a scientific complex where a mad scientist is creating an army of cloned zombi jedi knights !

Yeah, only need to get their DNAs to get started!

I am sure this is 1/50 in size of the big episode VII star destroyer ACPin is going to make! :wink:

Not quite that big. :wink:

Wouldn't that be weird! :laugh:

Don't worry, every one will present their entry at the last moment :wink:

Either that or they're still having a hangover from the holidays! :grin:

AC

I had a similar idea to what I think this is going to be (Jedi museum or library or academy?) except I was going to use the planets as large statues instead of old Jedi minifigs. I then realized that something of that size would be way larger than my modest parts collection could build. I have another idea or two and some portions completed already. Hopefully I'll find the time to finish and enter it.

Erdbeereis: I'm capable of going big, just not parts-intensive big... if that makes any sense. I have to think outside the box a little bit and I think I have something I can pull off here. It might look like crap, but I'm still optimistic at this point (about 50% complete).

ACPin: Forgot to mention that this looks good so far, looking forward to where this goes and seeing the finished product.

I had a similar idea to what I think this is going to be (Jedi museum or library or academy?) except I was going to use the planets as large statues instead of old Jedi minifigs. I then realized that something of that size would be way larger than my modest parts collection could build. I have another idea or two and some portions completed already. Hopefully I'll find the time to finish and enter it.

Kinda obvious as to the theme of this MOC and it's very possible that I'm not the only one who'll probably have an entry with the same concept. Also thinking along those lines with the statues/planets/beasts or what not to complement this piece thus far.

Remember maedhros, there is a small category as well.

Yes indeed and this won't be in that category for sure!

Erdbeereis: I'm capable of going big, just not parts-intensive big... if that makes any sense. I have to think outside the box a little bit and I think I have something I can pull off here. It might look like crap, but I'm still optimistic at this point (about 50% complete).

ACPin: Forgot to mention that this looks good so far, looking forward to where this goes and seeing the finished product.

Looking forward to what you come up with and good luck.

AC

Lookin good, so far, AC! I'm guessing this will be some sort of scene where Luke is teaching the Solo kids about the history of the Jedi? :wink:

Lookin good, so far, AC! I'm guessing this will be some sort of scene where Luke is teaching the Solo kids about the history of the Jedi? :wink:

Not quite the backstory I was thinking about.

Time to end the contest, ACPin has finally entered. :grin::tongue:

How about your entry for the other category? :laugh:

AC

Oh my god, I love this!!! Hope the rest includes some Mace Windu and Aayla Secura

Edited by tman684

Oh my god, I love this!!! Hope the rest includes some Mace Windu and Aayla Secura

You'll just have to wait another week to see the rest.

Updated with Yoda statue.

AC

I followed this WIP for some time, since I'm a big fan of anything Jedi. The entry is looking good, but I think it could be much better. The only thing that bother's me is the building. It looks too much like castle - the gray doesn't feel so futuristic for some reason and in combination with the brown it's not very stawarish. Especially for using the curved bricks which clearly represent wood in every LEGO set. And I haven't seen much wood in Star Wars. I'm also not too fond of the chandelier for the same reason - coach wheels and brown - doesn't look too futuristic.

Else I really like the idea of the wax museum of Jedi. The floor is excellent and the huge Joda is also a nice touch. Wouldn't thought of that myself. My suggestion for the title is Hall / Chamber / Shrine of the passed.

Good luck in the competition, though I doubt you'll need it ;)

Well I think he is trying to get the architecture style on coruscant like the Jedi temple-stylistic and kind of castle-ish. I can't speak for ACpin, but I think that is what he's going for.

Yoda got the One ring on his head :sweet:

Can't wait to see the whole entry...

Left it since it's not easy to take it out and just a few more days to go. :wink:

I followed this WIP for some time, since I'm a big fan of anything Jedi. The entry is looking good, but I think it could be much better. The only thing that bother's me is the building. It looks too much like castle - the gray doesn't feel so futuristic for some reason and in combination with the brown it's not very stawarish. Especially for using the curved bricks which clearly represent wood in every LEGO set. And I haven't seen much wood in Star Wars. I'm also not too fond of the chandelier for the same reason - coach wheels and brown - doesn't look too futuristic.

Else I really like the idea of the wax museum of Jedi. The floor is excellent and the huge Joda is also a nice touch. Wouldn't thought of that myself. My suggestion for the title is Hall / Chamber / Shrine of the passed.

Good luck in the competition, though I doubt you'll need it ;)

Brown doesn't always mean wood and I've essentially gone with the brown/light gray/dark tan color scheme for the whole MOC.

It will all make sense when it;s completed with the backstory to go along with it.

Well I think he is trying to get the architecture style on coruscant like the Jedi temple-stylistic and kind of castle-ish. I can't speak for ACpin, but I think that is what he's going for.

:thumbup: That's the design theme that I was going for.

AC

PS. next update will be the completed MOC.