Sign in to follow this  
tchuk-norst

MOC: Dieselpunk "Gremlin" Class Mech

With a clank and a hiss, the Gremlin is ready for action!

gremlin_1.jpg

The smallest mounted unit in the Central Machine's arsenal, The Gremlin is a versatile little mech that works as scout, infantry, and artillery.

During the Blackblood Wars Central Machines produced over 65,000 Gremlins making the most produced mech to date.

I based this MOC using the skeleton of Exo-Force 7711. http://www.bricklink...em.asp?S=7711-1

Here is an open-cockpit photo.

gremlin_2.jpg

Fun little guy.

I must say, you really did capture that punk feel ... I think the subtle round body and the dish on top worked really well!

But... any particular reason why you just left 1x2 plates on the front? It's just screaming for tile or some greeble!

I just didn't. I didn't like how tiles looked and I didn't want greebles...I know that's not a good reason. But I think it adds an almost bolt-like quality to the front.

I love the look of the main body, like a giant welder's mask. The only part that I think needs some work are the legs.

I am not that familiar with Dieselpunk but what I have seen of it like this MOC is always very cool. This guy reminds me of the huge guy in a suit in BioShock too. Keep up the great work.

cute - I love the shape of this. the legs look just right to me :) I can see how the studs could easily be bolt heads on the front but I'd definitely be tempted to put a 2x2 tile with some stickers on it :)

Great work though!

I am not that familiar with Dieselpunk but what I have seen of it like this MOC is always very cool. This guy reminds me of the huge guy in a suit in BioShock too. Keep up the great work.

Dieselpunk is essentially steampunk, but diesel-powered instead of steam-powered. Essentially it's gritty, old-looking vehicles that look like they're, well, powered by diesel.

I like it, the studs look like large welded bolts, and greebling might make it appear less armored and formidable.