Kynok

Barraki Movie!

Yeah... Emo-y, because His Lord Greg Farshtey thinks that Matoran are little children, Toa are adolescants to young adults, and Turaga are the old curmudgeons.... Oh, and since they cant reproduce, they cant feel love.

*sigh* Greg is such a hack...

True, but how could someone thing that Move Along has something to do with the Inika? The Inika are just a bunch of Matoran that got lucky, and some Matoran would have to be older then the Toa, cause Matorans just don't turn into Toa, and do they reproduce? How are Matoran made, and more improtantly, why do you use such big words? *wacko*

I think he means that matoran are treated solely as helpless "victims" now, nothing like they were in the flash movies of long ago.

Once they hit the big screen, they were all... well, retarded. I was expecting them to whip out skateboards, breakdance, then be like "Totally RAD!".

As for the music, the (*sigh*, I know) original flash movies had the best.

It was subtle.

It was all about channeling elemental powers & the music fit it perfectly.

Now... :-/

His Lord Greg Farshtey thinks that Matoran are little children

At least I hope that wasn't meant literally. :-D

Edited by JINZONINGEN 73

Well, with the personalitys thereof, anyway :P

TOTALLY RAD! Hahaha ^_^

@ Lone Buffalo: The reason we link Move Along with the Inika is because of that TV commercial to which Move Along by AAR was put as the theme to. Furthermore, yes, "Matorans" (See: Matoran or Tohunga) do jus turn into Toa, as has happened with the Metru and Inika and probably hundreds more.

TOTALLY RAD! Hahaha ^_^

@ Lone Buffalo: The reason we link Move Along with the Inika is because of that TV commercial to which Move Along by AAR was put as the theme to. Furthermore, yes, "Matorans" (See: Matoran or Tohunga) do jus turn into Toa, as has happened with the Metru and Inika and probably hundreds more.

Also because Bionicle had to whip out their gayest promotion yet: Save the Band.

I thought the music was good. At least they played up the mysterious sounds, dreamy atmosphere, etc. like in 2001.

Very good. If they make more in this style, then I'm set for the year. Screw the books.

TOTALLY RAD! Hahaha ^_^

Matoran just don't turn into Toa! If you have seen any of the movies and have read any of the comics/books then you would know it doesn't just happen. Whatever idiot thinks that shouldn't be a Bionicle fan! The inika, and the metru didn't just turn into Toa. Have you seen the Web of Shadows? The Metru just got lucky!

I think he means he thought you meant any Matoran can change into a Toa at will.

So he's just trying too hard to be clever, really. ;-)

I too don't see what is wrong with the music. It fits in with it perfectly. I too hated the fact that the All American REJECTS :-P were the music of last year.

And what the hell was with Ehlek biting on the light? And is Pridak the only one who can swim like that?

Anyways, my favorite part was when Carapar ran in the battle and knocked over Dekar. Such a cool entrance..

EDIT: Oh, and why doesn't Dekar have his zamor launcher?

Look at this

They look like the ones in the movie. If Bionicle creators did that mod to the sea squid, it would be a lot cooler.

I too don't see what is wrong with the music. It fits in with it perfectly. I too hated the fact that the All American REJECTS :-P were the music of last year.

And what the hell was with Ehlek biting on the light? And is Pridak the only one who can swim like that?

Anyways, my favorite part was when Carapar ran in the battle and knocked over Dekar. Such a cool entrance..

EDIT: Oh, and why doesn't Dekar have his zamor launcher?

Look at this

They look like the ones in the movie. If Bionicle creators did that mod to the sea squid, it would be a lot cooler.

That sea squid looked alot better. I bet you that was what Dekar was looking for his Zamor at the beginning. :-D

Score 1: Lhikans mask? Where?!

Score 2: Pridak cant fly, he can swim, and this explains why his feet are so poorly designed

Score 3: Yeah, Carapars entrance IS the best, without a doubt, though Takadox and Mantax are close behind (in that order, IMHO) Which is odd, since I dont even like mantax (Where the bloody hell is his lower jaw?!

Yeah... Emo-y, because His Lord Greg Farshtey thinks that Matoran are little children, Toa are adolescants to young adults, and Turaga are the old curmudgeons.... Oh, and since they cant reproduce, they cant feel love.

*sigh* Greg is such a hack...

Good, you got my sarcasm *yoda*

Greg IS a hack. He should get eaten by a Muaka.

:-P

Bionicle should have been the Universe of everyone, but now its looking like its Greg's universe, and he's dictating all those thousands of kids at BzPower just how to play with their Bionicles...

SHAME ON THOU GREG!!

And suddenly, we get all this boring emo-y music mixed with our beloved tale of heroism and good against evil. God, all these new songs from 2005 to now are to me all exactly alike...Everything...its just...crap...and boring, and when they mix it with Bionicle, its just fatal...

Lemme remind you all out there. Bionicle IS NOT KINGDOM HEARTS.

Wow, this wasn't half bad. I don't actually mind the music. It's not the sort of music i'd really listen too, but for this it wasn't bad.

Carapar reminded me of The Rhino (Marvel Comics).

Although I sympathize with the term "GregF is a hack", it might not be the case.

Yes, personal experience shows he's not the best speaker, not open to new ideas, a little bit on the condescending side, etc etc... but it's entirely possible that, just like initial set designers have some of their cool creations hacked to bits by the suits before production, so might Greg's stuff in fact be chopped to bits by editors with different vision.

It's portrayed that he's the be-all-end-all for how the story goes or is presented, but the complete opposite could be true.

So, we really can't know for sure. Therefore, we all probably should ease up on the guy, despite wanting a symbol of our feelings that we can burn in effigy.

Trust me, the degree to which some things have gone are undeniably a team effort, not the creation of just one man.

(And if I'm wrong... yikes.)

In other words, unless he 100% takes responsibility for specific stuff found popularly unfavorable, we could back off a little bit in the way we voice our distaste.

Credit where credit's due and all, y'know?

It's portrayed that he's the be-all-end-all for how the story goes or is presented, but the complete opposite could be true.

Jinzo, lately you have become my true hero (Bioniclewise). Finally, I've found somebody who at least partly agree's that GregF might not (and in my opinion, doesn't) control bionicle and make it his personal sandbox. I've agreed with you with about everything you have said, and IMHO, you make the most sense of anybody on this forum. ;-)

BTW, Movie was great! The music was MUCH better than AAR, and the animation was awesome! And I am loving the new MOLI shape. *y* Only, I must concur with Thrawn: Why are the Barraki fighting each other in the style of the Piraka? :-/

Only, I must concur with Thrawn: Why are the Barraki fighting each other in the style of the Piraka? :-/
That's because the movie "isn't real", it actually is a vision the mask gives to Dekar while he's holding it (or her, or him... *wacko* ).

Shakar

That's because the movie "isn't real", it actually is a vision the mask gives to Dekar while he's holding it (or her, or him...

Yeah, I found that out after I posted that. Thanks anyway. ;-)