Silver.Smith

Brickworld - Chicago 2013

And a second day for setup for those that don't work hard enough the first day :look:

Or for those who spent hours upon hours building rock cliffs on site THEN deciding to make the water that was washing up against the rocks look prettier. Pushing 1x1 rounds down with a screwdriver isn't fun. Still worth it though. I miss the old Pirate display from last year. Can't wait to see everyone again soon!

And a second day for setup for those that don't work hard enough the first day :look:

No, the second day is for those of us that arrive with a box of bricks in stead of a (mostly) complete model...

Or for those who spent hours upon hours building rock cliffs on site THEN deciding to make the water that was washing up against the rocks look prettier. Pushing 1x1 rounds down with a screwdriver isn't fun. Still worth it though. I miss the old Pirate display from last year. Can't wait to see everyone again soon!

I thought it was for those of us that didn't take enough vacation days. :/

Dude you were a trooper!

And I thought I was silly for wanting to build a little volcano on site. You were da man!

Can wait to hang out more.

I thought it was for those of us that didn't take enough vacation days. :/

There's also Sick Days :)

I have been lurking but haven't posted in the 2013 thread yet. I am sorry that some of our European friends are not going to be coming this year. I hate when life gets in the way of a good time! Congrats to Quarryman on his pending nuptials, and ZCerberus on the arrival of a BFOL. Cop Mike, I don't know why you are not coming, but you will be sorely missed. Don't worry guys I will eat your share of pizza this year!

Speaking of pizza. I am organizing the annual Saturday night pizza party again. Like last year the fee will be $5 and you get all of the pizza you will want. Please bring something to drink for dinner. This get together has been growing every year and has outgrown my cooler. I expect about 40 or so of us Eurobrick's members this year. I will try to have the pizzas delivered Saturday evening around 6 PM at the convention center. Since this is a new venue, I am not sure where exactly we will eat, but I will let you know after I do some recon. This year I am going to hand out name tags for everyone to fill out with their real name and their log in name. This will hopefully make it easier for us to meet the people we chat with in the forums and put faces to the names. I don't even know the screen names of some of the guys in my own LUG. :blush:

To find me and sign up for this event come to the Northern Illinois LEGO Train Club (NILTC) layout. We have a big banner and a 90 foot layout. My name is Dale and I have a 25 foot long castle display. You can't miss it! Come up and say hello. Let me know what kind of pizza you like. We will be ordering from Lou Malnati's. We get their deep dish every year and the folks from out of town love it!

Less than 3 weeks to go and I have at least a hundred hours of building left... :look:

Speaking of pizza. I am organizing the annual Saturday night pizza party again..... We get their deep dish every year and the folks from out of town love it!

I love you. :wub:

And your pizza parties! :moar:

You'll be happy to know that you have effectively ruined pizza for me...

Thanks for arranging this again Dale!

And good luck on your building (more dark blue!)

You'll be happy to know that you have effectively ruined pizza for me...

Dale didn't ruin pizza for you; Toronto ruined pizza for you. :wink:

Speaking of pizza. I am organizing the annual Saturday night pizza party again.

Great! You know what I want after last years discussion... :grin:

Dale didn't ruin pizza for you; Toronto ruined pizza for you. :wink:

By that logic, Toronto ruined Hockey for me too :look:

Great! You know what I want after last years discussion... :grin:

8809667229_73cbf918f0_m.jpg

You can never have enough dark blue Simon! :wink: I will order extra pizza for you to take home. You probably should leave your MOCs with me to make room for the pizza! :grin: I love the way you build.

LOL Vincent. Mr. Tomato Bread himself. I still say it is not pizza without crust, sauce, and cheese! I will work something out for you.

I am really looking forward to this year. Should be a lot of fun with everyone in one big room. Bring comfortable shoes everyone. The floor in the convention center is bare concrete!

Speaking of pizza. I am organizing the annual Saturday night pizza party again. Like last year the fee will be $5 and you get all of the pizza you will want.

I hope you don't mind if I stop by for some pizza? I know I am fairly new and don't post a lot but I would really like to meet all the Eurobricks folks.

My name is Dale and I have a 25 foot long castle display.

Holy cow that is huge! I thought my 3 foot by 3.5 foot castle was big!

I am organizing the annual Saturday night pizza party again.

Dale, let me know if you need help with anything.

I don't even know the screen names of some of the guys in my own LUG. :blush:

This is Scott by the way.

I hope you don't mind if I stop by for some pizza? I know I am fairly new and don't post a lot but I would really like to meet all the Eurobricks folks.

That's the whole point of Brickworld, get together and socialize! Saturday night, come for the deep dish Chicago style pizza...stay for the TEA!

This year I am going to hand out name tags for everyone to fill out with their real name and their log in name. This will hopefully make it easier for us to meet the people we chat with in the forums and put faces to the names. I don't even know the screen names of some of the guys in my own LUG. :blush:

BTW Dale, this is Adam.

That's the whole point of Brickworld, get together and socialize! Saturday night, come for the deep dish Chicago style pizza...stay for the TEA!

BTW Dale, this is Adam.

And not this Adam either

Now you are really going to confuse Dale. :laugh:

LOL. My LUG is full of smart ashes! I appreciate the offer Scott. If I need help I know you guys will be there.

@SilverSmith you are more than welcome to stop by. It should be a blast as usual this year. Socializing is the best part of the event!

Edited by DaleDVM

Wow.. so excited. just 2 days (or less? I would say) to go!

Modulex guy & Dale , This is Mark, we have met several times in your LUG's shows.

This year I decided to bring some MOCs for small display.

A little nervous though! I am quite worried about My MOCs are far from you guys'. but at least I am trying. :blush:

cannot wait to meet you guys!

Me and my family are planning to visit during the last public day (Sunday the 16th). This is our first one, so I was wondering if someone could help me out: how long do people usually stay there, and are there any special events on the Sunday?

Based on my experience, we usually stay there for almost a day (3-5 hours?)

for events, you can check

http://www.brickworld.us/view/info/eventinfo/

they always have some LEGO short films playing normally (not sure about this year) and also the NXT game (never play though).

it also depends how long you want to talk with AFOLs .

Me and my family are planning to visit during the last public day (Sunday the 16th). This is our first one, so I was wondering if someone could help me out: how long do people usually stay there, and are there any special events on the Sunday?

I'm crawling the walls! About 7 hours until I leave! :flail:

Opening ceremonies in a couple hours and I still have 10 hours of building to do. Yikes! No sleep on brickworld eve again!

@Mark can't wait to see what you have done.

@4WD come over and introduce yourself to me. You want to be there early and have the entire day to view. Sunday's hours are short as it is. I recommend buying your tickets in advance and being there before public hours begin. I will be there for 4 days and still will not see everything I want to.

I'll also be there only Sunday. Being your first event. Arrive very early to get in before the large crowds. When we have gone in the past the event has stayed active and open until the end of the day when the AFOL's and fans start packing up. Special events usually would be earlier in the week for those registered but there usually is something going on to see. I keep saying I need to register or stay over night and see more but my schedule never allows it. You will wish you had more than one day to walk around and talk. I know I do!

Baby arrived yesterday on time. I hope to make it to BW2014 for some pizza and friends.

Dale- hope you added lights to that build this year!

It does sound like a lot of fun. I may try to go in the future. A few members of my LUG are going, but I think they go pretty regularly. And good call on Malnati's pizza. We just had it last weekend when we were in Chicago for work. My wife researched it and it was rated highly so we tried it out. Very different take on pizza, but good. I like the butter crust.

Baby arrived yesterday on time. I hope to make it to BW2014 for some pizza and friends.

Wow - congrats bigtime :wub: !

Was it a belvBaby7.jpg or a belvBaby3.jpg?

Best wishes and some sleep at night to / Mike