Silver.Smith

Brickworld - Chicago 2013

Ecclesiastes, I love your castle work and would really enjoy seeing it in person. If you brought a castle build that is. :) which you should.

If I come, I won't be able to bring large mocs. So probably builds with the size 48x 48

Don't think, just do...

YES YES YES!

No green light yet but allready looking for flights :excited:

I'm probably out this year. I am in two weddings out of town so my vacation time is limited.

So maybe no drunk Nick this year. Simon someone else will have to racially profile you. :sad:

I'm probably out this year. I am in two weddings out of town so my vacation time is limited.

So maybe no drunk Nick this year. Simon someone else will have to racially profile you. :sad:

Oh no!!! :cry_sad:

Also, i'm registered and hotel booked. Surprisingly yesterday both room types were available but today (24th) the King bed rooms were sold out. So if you're waiting to book, you might miss out on the hotel if you don't do it ASAP.

Edited by Darkdragon

It appears that the King rooms were only sold out for Sunday night (as of 7:30pm EST, Jan 24), the other nights were ok still.

So if you're waiting to book, you might miss out on the hotel if you don't do it ASAP.

Crap. I don't even know how I'm getting there yet. I may have to book a room and then see how it all works out. Stupid real life friends not knowing their schedules this far in advance...

And room booked!

Thanks for scaring me into action.

That makes me sad.

It's not the easiest job to replace your special ... "talents".

Oh no!!! :cry_sad:

Also, i'm registered and hotel booked. Surprisingly yesterday both room types were available but today (24th) the King bed rooms were sold out. So if you're waiting to book, you might miss out on the hotel if you don't do it ASAP.

It could have something to do with an email sent to registrants telling them not to wait to book hotel, because it would get full quickly :look:. I booked shortly after that :tongue:

So, I am joining the party a bit late as I have made no forum posts yet this year. I am glad to see excitement around the event this year. If you don't know Brickworld Chicago is moving to a new home this year in Schaumburg, IL. One display room that is 50,000 square feet. It allows us all to really be in one place. It should add a lot to the energy and fun.

Sorry to see a few people won't make it this year. But, I give a pass on having a baby ;) (and congrats)....the new addition can be a full registration with his or her own MOCs next year, right?

There is a new option for being involved this year in the event. Geek Nation Tours will be organizing a trip to the event if they get enough interest. But, I will let them give you the details in another post.

We are already busy planning Chicago. As always, I feel like I am behind schedule :)

I am looking forward to seeing most of you at the event.

Cheers, Bryan

Hopefully I'll be going, only not as a registrate but most likely as part of the general public. But either way I'm really looking forward to going. Maybe I can meet some of you guys from the forum. :classic:

I will be attending again this year. Sad to hear Z and Big Cam won't be making it ( Z, I'm in the same boat, but I planned a bit better-7-9-13. ;) ). Awesome to see Ecc coming, and I'm hoping a lot of the EBers from last year will be able to make it back.

I woudl like to take a model to display, but I don't think I can stay the entire duration fo the event. Is there any sort of "time-sharing" program where I could split a display spot with someone?

F-ck, I´m out :cry_sad: !

Lots of reasons - job, holiday, weddingg, $$$ and so on. Nothing bad or sad though, just can´t make it.

Congrats to all of you that will go! New, bigger & better, and I´m sure you all will have a hell of a good time :thumbup: !

So go full throttle and make yourselfs and EB proud! And beware of the gallery_148_20_1086.jpg that Stash brings, it´s a powerful brew :devil: !

Hey guys just a quick question! I am really new to LEGO conventions (never been to one) and was wondering how it goes exactly? Do you have to build something to go, or can you just come to browse and meet fellow AFOLs? Seeing as I live in Chicago I was thinking maybe I would try to make it down for a day if you're allowed to just go and browse :classic: Thanks for any help/advice!

Hi Spider-Man. I'm from Chicago as well and this will be my second Brickworld. If you are a serious LEGO fan I highly recommend you register as a full attendee- you won't regret it. Since you live fairly close to the event, going multiple days shouldn't be a problem. I set up a display last year, but it's not required. However, space is limited so don't wait too long if you want to set something up. Also, there are many presentations and activities that won't be available to the general public. You won't be disappointed!

Thanks for the reply! I'm really leaning towards going and the advice for registering as a full attendee is greatly appreciated :thumbup: Thanks Galaxy Explorer, I will post if/when I register!

Thanks for the reply! I'm really leaning towards going and the advice for registering as a full attendee is greatly appreciated :thumbup: Thanks Galaxy Explorer, I will post if/when I register!

If all you want to do is view the mocs and meet some of the builders, then going as part of the general public would be far cheaper. You won't be able to participate in any of the special AFOL events or be eligible for any door prizes, but you will save some money.

Here is how it works:

Public is only allowed in the event hall during the published public hours. If you really want some time to speak to builders, you need to be there when the public is not there. Many of them run and hide during public hours because they don't like crowds.

There are two types of registration (Full and All Access). All Access is cheaper. You can see the differences between them at the Brickworld site. Just scroll down for a side by side comparison on the site.

Mike - I am very bummed you won't be there. We had a lot of fun last year!!

If you have any questions or issues getting your hotel room booked, please send a note via the contact us form on the Brickworld site.

Cheers, Bryan

Here is how it works:

Public is only allowed in the event hall during the published public hours. If you really want some time to speak to builders, you need to be there when the public is not there. Many of them run and hide during public hours because they don't like crowds.

There are two types of registration (Full and All Access). All Access is cheaper. You can see the differences between them at the Brickworld site. Just scroll down for a side by side comparison on the site.

If you have any questions or issues getting your hotel room booked, please send a note via the contact us form on the Brickworld site.

Cheers, Bryan

Thanks for the detailed reply Bryan! I will have to see what days I will be able to come by and if I can get some time off to go for a couple of day to make the All Access worth it!

I have never been to a Lego convention either, and I am very interested in going to Brickworld. Can you offer advice on best days to travel. I notice the dates of the convention are the 12-16th. Is it wise )or not) to fly in on the 12th, and then leave the evening of the 16th?

Oh crap, there are no rooms left at the hotel. Is there some code or something I need to enter to get the rooms Brickworld reserved (if they reserved any) Thanks.

Bryan, I think I read on your twitter feed recently that there is a group doing a large castle display. Do you know someone such as myself could get hooked up with that group?

Travel - Opening ceremonies are at 8 PM on the 12th. So, travelling in that day works fine. Leaving is another story. And, the ending of that story depends on your age and how much you like to hang out with people sucking down adult beverages. I would recommend staying Sunday night ;-)

Hotel - we are checking on what is going on with the hotel. May not have an answer until Monday. It is possible that one night is sold out for the type of room you selected. We will try to rebalance the remaining room nights if we can. I will try and remember to post here once we get it modified. But, if I don't, go ahead and try to book through the link on the Brickworld web site again on Monday.

Castle - We will be posting details of the collaboration "rules" soon along with a contact name. The "rules" are basically the classic castle standard.

Later, B

Yeah, that was as always great :laugh: ! I´ll be back though!

And what about the lawn mover? I did reply to you!