Hi Friends,

after I decided to go for Ultimate 8043 mod, my mind start wondering which should be the best dump truck to combine with to have a super earth movement set.

I found this set by Designer-Han

http://rebrickable.com/mocs/han/dump-truck-10x4

MOC-0230.jpg

Actually I would like to have also the truck RC, does anyone knows if there is something better to pick?

Thanks !

I made a fully functional dumper once:

6041324288_88c2fd226c_b.jpg

6040774953_40ec9cb248_b.jpg

It is very different from the Technic design. Use your own imagination, that is always best.

Jaap technic has made instructions for his chassis for his truck here

MOC-0427.jpg

But I am afraid that you have to build the tipper your self..... :grin:

I would go for a smaller truck as your base since it's more fun when the truck doesn't drive at a snail's pace. Simply take one of the small official LEGO sets like the cherry picker:

1: Acquire cherry picker

2: Add PF,

3: ?????

4: Profit.

Designer Hans is awesome except he mentions on his website that due to how tightly packed the frame and functions are making it rc would be very difficult.

Also if you go with yellow to keep it original the 5x11 panels are a rip off. To much $$$$ and then you need 2400 more parts.

It is not very difficult to make Han's dump truck rc.

I did it with the new motor and servo (removed the v8).

after I decided to go for Ultimate 8043 mod, my mind start wondering which should be the best dump truck to combine with to have a super earth movement set.

I found this set by Designer-Han

http://rebrickable.c...dump-truck-10x4

Actually I would like to have also the truck RC, does anyone knows if there is something better to pick?

Thanks !

I have built this truck from Han and I can confirm that it is a fantastic model. I don't think you'll find anything better that has instructions. It is enormous though.

Also if you go with yellow to keep it original the 5x11 panels are a rip off. To much $$$$ and then you need 2400 more parts.

Yep, I also discovered this. It's better to go for a light blue grey truck, since those panels are cheapest.

I made a fully functional dumper once:

*pics*

It is very different from the Technic design. Use your own imagination, that is always best.

Wow, that is one gorgeous truck. Love the chromed details. You must be rich ;-)

I think I saw some 5x11 yellow panels on the new crane so they may be easily available again

I hope so, I need about 20 :D

The best dump truck has to be done, when someone builds one better we will have to improve it :laugh: . I built Han´s dump truck, the third lift-steering axle is fantastic a master piece.

sorry, currently i didn't have instructions to build your own dumper on my Scania 8x8.

i did it with my 6x6 Scania but that was a year ago.., :sceptic:

maybe when i have no inspiration in future i will make a dumper on my Scania 8x8

but first i have to made building instructions for my wrecker / tow-truck unit for my Scania 8x8

but it isn't that hard to build a dumper on my scania 8x8 chassis.

if you replace the battery behind the cab you have room for your LA's or pneumatic cylinder

maybe you need a longer cylinder like this : :wink:

http://jaaptechnic.blogspot.nl/2012/05/pneumatic-cylinder-longer-version.html

(need some time and patient)

I'm partial to his Hauler myself. :classic:

I agree, the 8264 Hauler is my favorite too, too bad its not 'leak-proof' if you put sand or model train ballast in it, and also that it doesn't have a back liftgate, but overall it is a large model and fits perfectly with most all loaders and excavators...

I'm actually hoping TLG produces a larger dump truck that is RC(a long shot I know). They have produced tons of excavators, loaders, etc, but the only dump trucks they have produced are the small 8415 in 2005 and the 8264 in 2008. On a sidenote, I am looking for a large grader as well with PF, the 8451 b model is the only one I can recall and that was a decade ago...

Edited by TechnicFreak

@Bricksonwheels - are all those chrome parts really Lego? Don't take me the wrong way, I'm not questioning, just wondering. I've never seen so many chrome parts, and really shiny ones at that. I know some here have tried or did chrome-plate some of their parts.

Either way, that is one impressive dump truck. Living in the US/Canada, most of trucks are not cab-overs anymore, that kind of went out in the 70's and early 80's for long-nose trucks, that's why last winter I was glad to see TLG made the long-nose 9395 and 9397.

@Technikfreak: It is indeed all genuine Lego. And yes, they are all electro plated industrially, so it is true chrome, hence the shinyness :-)

I work together with Bricks4all.nl, he is the only one providing true plated bricks. This is also why not all parts can be done. Some are not suitable for the process.

@Technikfreak: It is indeed all genuine Lego. And yes, they are all electro plated industrially, so it is true chrome, hence the shinyness :-)

I work together with Bricks4all.nl, he is the only one providing true plated bricks. This is also why not all parts can be done. Some are not suitable for the process.

All I can say is WOW!! Fantastic dump truck...

I made a fully functional dumper once

I love your set, it reminds me of model team sets just on steroids and with a whole lot of class. All of your trucks are great but the wow factor of this one is partially due to not many dumptrucks and I really like the green.

I just can't stop looking at your dump truck, you are a true artist in the Lego Technic world...I honestly without a doubt have never seen a more realistic, eye-catching truck...wish I knew of a chrome plater around here, but then again I don't have all the parts that would be needed to build your truck... :sick: