Sign in to follow this  
Darthluke824

LEGO 60010 Fire Helicopter Review

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello all,

I bring you a possible World Exclusive review of the 60010 Fire Helicopter. Shipped in from LEGO.com it arrived today, so sit back and lets commence the review!

p1040277.jpg

Description:

Fight the factory fire with the LEGO® City Fire Helicopter!

The factory is ablaze! Fly the LEGO® City Fire Helicopter in to bring it under control! Hover into position and lower the brave firefighter down with the LEGO Power Functions winch. Put out the flames with the onboard water cannon before the whole factory goes up in smoke! The LEGO City firefighters are always ready to save the day! Includes 2 minifigures: a pilot and a firefighter with fire extinguisher.

The Box

p1040278.jpg

The box is a square box much like the Star Wars boxes for £20 sets. It features a brave firefighter putting out the burning oil containers possibly causing havoc for LEGO Cities oil supplies! The box also has a circle showing the winch which we will get onto later.

Back

p1040279.jpg

The normal box with all the features and action shots of the set.

Side

p1040280.jpg

The side with the Pilot and Firefighter once again tackling the burning canisters.

Manuals

p1040281.jpg

Two manuals for this, with a total page count of 105. Basic piece callouts and general 2 parts per step.

Inventory.

p1040282.jpg

Minifigs

p1040283.jpg

The 2 figures supplied are very nice. Two new torsos (Well to me) and some nice printing on the legs too! (Which seems to be more common now)

p1040284.jpg

The backs are printed too. Both are very similar which is good assortment for your army of firefighters.

The set

p1040285.jpg

This is the so-called factory that is put in the description. It doesn't look like a factory more like a section of storage. I wonder how it could have caught fire? Knowing LEGO we would be seeing no smoking signs or don't go beyond here kind of signs. Oh well. It has a large flame piece from Space Police set.(Freeze Ray Freezy is the set.) and some smaller classic flames. It also has the large barrel pieces seen on the Wind Turbine Set from 2009.

The Helicopter

p1040286.jpg

Now the reason why we want the set! At a quick glance it looks like a hybrid of the 2010 Fire Helicopter and the 2010 Cargo Train. It has however fit very well and looks neat without too many large pieces. The set resembles the Sea King helicopter as seen here:

seaking5.jpg

You can tell it is based of this beacuse of the cockpit and wide open side near the back.

Front

p1040287.jpg

Features

p1040288.jpg

Well this is it. Pretty basic! A water cannon and a tow rope. The water cannon pivots not too well and is only for decoration. The other side is empty. So what did I buy this set for? Well a small piece of function last seen on the 2008 Coast Guard Helicopter (Which I own) It has a small orange button on the side. When you pull the rope down it winds it up. When you press the button it pulls it back up.

Pretty cool stuff.

So it goes from this:

p1040290.jpg

to

p1040294.jpg

this!

Also I wouldn't miss a time to show you a video too!

p1040289.jpg

The usual opening cockpit with levers and a double cheese with sticker. The front seems to have some domes, possibly equipment for measuring things, or locating, tracking etc.

Ratings and Comments

p1040297.jpg

This set is my first 2013 set. As my first I think it is a good set and worth the money.(£30, Can't find for other counties). The minifigs are good and the helicopter is not another boring helicopter. (Although LEGO do seem to love them!) Some nice parts and accessories and it fits in with the new sets.

Ratings

Parts- 9/10 - Good new colours and new parts all round.

Minifigs- 7/10 - Would have been nice for a worker that is trapped or something of that sort.

Build- 8/10 - Not boring but not fantastic.

Overall a good:

9/10

A great set worth the money and one to be picked up.

Notes:

Brickshelf (When modded)

Brickset: This Set - Freeze Ray Frenzy - Coast Guard Heli - Wind Turbine

Thanks For Reading! :classic:

Edited by Rick

the helicopter was based on a MH-53M I think , instead of the one that u showed on the pic !

seems that LEGO is doing military helicopters and planes but in a city version !!!! VC-22 osprey coming soon on the cargo side .

Thanks for the great review! I love seeing these new sets more thoroughly. While I like the burning oil refinery, the helicopter isn't doing much for me for the same reason I didn't buy the last one or last year's giant forest police helicopter- these things are just too big for LEGO City where the buildings are only 16 studs wide. Oh well, there are plenty of other great sets coming out this year that I will be buying. But thanks for the review, sometimes these reviews make me change my mind, but in this case it just helped me to make up my mind that this one isn't for me.

Thanks for the review! How was the build? Was there anything in there that made you go 'Huh!, I haven't seen that before'?

....and more importantly does it have swooshability? Is it rigid enough?

Thanks for the review 'Darthluke824', interesting dual purpose copter....fire fighting and rescue......I wonder why the elite police series didn't end up with one of these as a set ? :wink:

Pity about the water cannon, but the winch makes up for it I guess.....one of the 14 sets I have on my list anyway.......5 down, 9 to go. :wink:

Now the reason why we want the set! At a quick glance it looks like a hybrid of the 2010 Fire Helicopter and the 2010 Cargo Train. It has however fit very well and looks neat without too many large pieces. The set resembles the Sea King helicopter...

Close, but it's actually the HH-3/S-61R...a derivative of the Sea King.

hh-3f-dvic312.jpg

Nice review.

I think I like this Fire Helicopter over the previous forest fire one as it looks more realistic IMO.

I like the rescue winch on it but it kind of lacks the fire fighting capability with a poor water cannon. As this has a recue winch I wonder how the new Coastguard helicopter will look. Maybe lego fire and Lego coastguard have come to a mutal agreement, Fire will do inland rescue and Coastguard the sea area.

Thanks for the review! How was the build? Was there anything in there that made you go 'Huh!, I haven't seen that before'?

....and more importantly does it have swooshability? Is it rigid enough?

The build was pretty reasonable, it took about 1 hour and it was enjoyable to build. There wasn't really any new techniques that I couls see. It flies around the room very well and is stong to handle.

Edited by Darthluke824

Cool review.

Anyone with a Lego airport diorama can now easily have a variety of real life helos. This in addition to the recent Dino helo represent military versions introduced in the 1960s. Oh another set on my list.

Nice review, but there's something in the helicopter I find... strange... The front part it's the strangest point...

At least, it's cheap!!

The fire rescue helicopter in this set looks great. The tow rope/ winch, I agree is a good play feature of the set. :sweet: The minifigures look alright too.

Edited by Ferrik

Built this helicopter last night and although not the prettiest looking helicopter ever it looks a bit more realistic than the previous fire helicopter. A bit chunky at the sides but ok overall. My son said he peffered the forest fire helicopter then I showed him the winch with firefighter hanging on. Think that changed his mind! lol. Like many of the 2013 fire series it actually has something for the firefighters to do which adds to the playability.