eurotrash

MOC: Pirate Quayside

[pid][/pid]229A

<Takes deep breath>

OK this is my first MOC to be posted in the Pirate Forum. I know it's a cruel, cruel place - full of scurvy dogs and salty tales. My only hope is that the ongoing Redcoat vs. Bluecoat skirmishes means that this creation can pass under the radar and avoid the scorn and ridicule that it deserves :wink:

Anyway it's been a year since emerging from the dark ages and in that time I managed to plunder a few POTC bargains, but I found the sets a little disappointing so after several Bricklink orders and much building and rebuilding I present a Pirate-ridden Quayside.

8346193163_c88b695f60_c.jpg

There's a lot going on so I broke it into a bunch of snippets

8346192887_21a921ebfd_c.jpg

It doesn't matter how many fish you catch I you can't get them in the bucket!

8346192719_1b882e0889_c.jpg

Look out below when you empty the nightsoil bucket

8346193015_9156b39f2d_c.jpg

Not sure what Capt Jack's done to upset this man! Maybe the Girl in the window is somehow involved.

8346192781_77838fc48d_c.jpg

Thanks for reading!

This is most exellent! I and REALLY applaud you for for taking the set outside .. gawd I'm so tired of seeing white/photostudios backgrounds :hmpf_bad:

Everything looks good, the photos are wonderfull with a true LEGO colour!

My only critique is that the water is a bit too plain/too 'tiled'. Make some waves/movement :thumbup:

Just super .. if was a set, I'd buy it :laugh:

This is most exellent! I and REALLY applaud you for for taking the set outside .. gawd I'm so tired of seeing white/photostudios backgrounds :hmpf_bad:

I had no choice! My workspace area had bricks and pieces everywhere. I had this one to finish and another three in progress.

My only critique is that the water is a bit too plain/too 'tiled'. Make some waves/movement

Water is so tricky! I've seen some excellant water effects in MOCs in this forum and I tried a couple of different techniques, but they all looked so lame. I think in future I'll stick to dry land MOCs :laugh:

Thanks for the kind words...

Great job!

There are technics to have a nice water effect but you have to trial and error a bit :classic:

Nice houses and figure set-up btw!!