Sign in to follow this  
SavaTheAggie

My Other Train MOCs

After the warm reception given to my two TSRR locomotives, I figure I might list off my other Train MOCs in case any of you would be interested in seeing them. I've only been building train MOCs for about a year now, but I'm proud of what I've built. I'm big into steam engines, so I apologize to diesel and electric lovers.

First the rolling stock:

TexLUG Tanker

texlugtanker01.jpg_thumb.jpg

Gallery

It's a blatent rip-off of Casey Mungle's corrugated tanker car design, I just gave it a Texas twist.

Flatcar

flatcar1.jpg_thumb.jpg

Two more stolen designs, both the flatcar and the load, I just put them together in my own little way.

Next, Locomotives:

American 'Standard' 4-4-0 Wood Burning Steam Locomotive

american440_01.jpg_thumb.jpg

Gallery

MOCpage

I based the MOC off of this 1/8th scale steam powered model:

The 3003 Project

The neat thing about this MOC is that the pony, or lead, truck is not actually attached to the rest of the locomotive, it just floats underneath held in place by tiles and grooves. This was necessary to allow the engine to negotiate curves without derailing or sacrificing the look I was going for. I finally decided on an engine number for my loco, #805, based on my 5 month old son's birthday, but I haven't made up any stickers yet.

The Polar Express

polar_express_01.jpg_thumb.jpg

polar_express_02.jpg_thumb.jpg

Gallery

MOCPage

This was actually my very first train MOC of my own design. It's fully track compatible (though it does sweep the curves pretty badly) and is a big hit with the kids that have seen it on TexLUG displays. I've never finished it entirely, I've been altering and tweeking it since I built it, and I'll post new pictures when I've done all the changes I have planned.

Pere Marquette #1225 2-8-4 Berkshire type Steam Locomotive

peremarquette01.jpg_thumb.jpg

MOCPage

Brickshelf Gallery

This is the locomotive that pulls the Polar Express. For the movie, the designers for the digital train used the Pere Marquette #1225 as the basis for the train in the movie. The train resides in Michigan where it pulls excursion trains throughout the year. I mention this MOC seperately for two reason.

Reason #1:

peremarquette11.jpg_thumb.jpg

I've added stickers to the inside walls of my locomotive's tender so I can turn the walls around to change it from 'Polar Express' to just the 'Pere Marquette'. This is important because there are some shows and displays that I will attend that just don't need a Winter themed train, like if we had a summer themed layout. In this way, I can show off my MOC without confusing the kids as to what the layout is all about.

Reason #2

I've made some serious alterations to my locomotive since I posted the pictures shown above. I haven't taken too many pictures, but I have taken some, which I'll link to now:

291266359_8762effba5_t.jpg316914312_a9f4d7ec22_t.jpg337174140_7327752c3b_t.jpg

(that last image is my favorite)

Thanks for looking!

--Tony

*wub* and *wub* and even more *wub* !

Your MOCs are extremely ingenious! The TexLUG Tanker is looking so good, and the Flatcar

with these marvelous bricks.... *y*

The Piston on your American 'Standard' 4-4-0 Wood Burning Steam Locomotive is very smart,

and your Polar Express is a masterpiece with all those fine details like the chairs and tables or

this rounded end for the Observation Car! And that fine Pere Marquette Locomotive!

And also your presentation with this picture of your wheel set on curve and that animated gif

is amazingly well done! Congrats! *sweet*

*wub* and *wub* and even more *wub* !

Your MOCs are extremely ingenious! The TexLUG Tanker is looking so good, and the Flatcar

with these marvelous bricks.... *y*

The Piston on your American 'Standard' 4-4-0 Wood Burning Steam Locomotive is very smart,

and your Polar Express is a masterpiece with all those fine details like the chairs and tables or

this rounded end for the Observation Car! And that fine Pere Marquette Locomotive!

And also your presentation with this picture of your wheel set on curve and that animated gif

is amazingly well done! Congrats! *sweet*

Thanks much for all of your comments! I'm glad you enjoyed looking at my MOCs. Along with the pistons, I also like the cow catcher (or rail guard as some people call it, I believe) I was able to create for the 4-4-0. I'm not 100% satisfied with the Polar Express' Observation car's rounded end, but I've not thought up any solution that would be better. I'll have to remember to take pictures of my TSRR Loco's wheel sets when I finally finish them.

Thanks for the reply!

--Tony