Sign in to follow this  
Wout

News LEGO Boardgames 2013 Rumours & Discussion

I have just ordered the Chima and LOTR games from the UK Shop they literally just became available yesterday after being on the website but not purchasable for a week. (The batman game is also there but I imported that a while back!)

Thought I'd let any UK fans know in case they haven't checked recently!

I have just ordered the Chima and LOTR games from the UK Shop they literally just became available yesterday after being on the website but not purchasable for a week. (The batman game is also there but I imported that a while back!)

Thought I'd let any UK fans know in case they haven't checked recently!

Yeah, I noticed the Batman and LOTR games have been added. Chima's been there a while.

I hope this is a good omen. The Chima game was in the UK shop just a month or so before the US shop, so hopefully this means the Batman game and (ESPECIALLY) the LOTR game will be available for us Americans very soon!

Glad we get to see it. Thanks Sci! :classic:

Edited by just2good

Wait......it's getting released, riiiiiiight?

Most likely, it's not. Like the Mayan Mystica game. :sadnew:

Wow, I was beginning to doubt this set ever existed. Thanks!

Looks pretty neat, although nothing out of the ordinary. That Perry is pretty cute and would have been worth getting the game for alone. The lack of microfigs is a bit disappointing, but printed tiles are cool too. I was expecting it to be more like Creationary where you have to build gadgets, but it seems all licensed games are boardgame-type games.

And yes, it's clearly been cancelled since it has ads for Heroica in the back. It's a shame, but oh well. :sceptic: At least it shouldn't be too hard to bricklink the pieces to make it yourself, minus the printed character tiles.

By the way, does anybody know if the Batman and LOTR games are still being released in the US or have they been cancelled as well? The fact that Chima has been released, but the others haven't is making me suspect the latter... :cry_sad:

Most likely, it's not. Like the Mayan Mystica game. :sadnew:

By the way, does anybody know if the Batman and LOTR games are still being released in the US or have they been cancelled as well? The fact that Chima has been released, but the others haven't is making me suspect the latter... :cry_sad:

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/ :cry_sad: Why, LEGO, why? :cry_sad: they're gonna look really stupid cause the Helm's Deep game is at the back of EVERY LOTR MANUAL.

I asked Kevin Hinkle, Lego Community Coordinator, at Bricks by the Bay last weekend and he said their release is "being discussed" and not yet ruled out. No word about the Star Wars Planets Series 4, which also are out in Europe but not North America.

Ah, thanks Pellaeon. I guess there is still some hope then. I was also wondering about the Planets sets. I can understand if they can't sell the boardgames due to licensing issues, but why would they deny us the last (and arguably best) series of Planet sets? :wacko: Oh well, I digress.

Ah, thanks Pellaeon. I guess there is still some hope then. I was also wondering about the Planets sets. I can understand if they can't sell the boardgames due to licensing issues, but why would they deny us the last (and arguably best) series of Planet sets? :wacko: Oh well, I digress.

Don't wanna veer too off topic, but Planet sets never sell where I see them. The same goes with the Games series.

Oky, I don't think they were cancelled. I'm fairly sure I at least saw the Batman game at my nearest LEGO store last month, but I might be delusional. :look:

Oky, I don't think they were cancelled. I'm fairly sure I at least saw the Batman game at my nearest LEGO store last month, but I might be delusional. :look:

The Batman game was released at select Targets in June.

Re: The Batman Board Game

It would be amazing to make some house rules to make the villains different to each other. My daughter is always very dramatic about the revelation of which bat-villain she is going to catch, but hasn't yet cottoned on that they are all the same in terms of gameplay - bless her!

Something along the lines of Mr Freeze can make a player miss a turn, Joker makes you switch villain cards with someone, Two Face does something on then flip of a coin...?

If any Batfans have some suggestions for us, we'd love to test them out for you!

Thanks all,

Jess

Hi

Has anyone anywhere seen the LOTR Helms Deep board game yet?

Yep. It's been out in some countries for months now. No idea about NA sorry.

I heard it sold out, and was never sold in NA, and no more will be made. A victim of the end of the Games line?

MEGABLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK! I am FED UP with these boardgames! The only good ones never come to us!!! I'm going and buying Helms Deep from eBay, I don't care how much it costs. If the SW wasn't bad enough....

(Oh, but we got Chima. Just wonderful. I really do not like that theme, I tell you. Wastes too many slots. :wall: )