Sign in to follow this  
Wout

News LEGO Boardgames 2013 Rumours & Discussion

I too am suspicious of this report. Two of the sets (50006 and 50011) are already available for purchase on the Swiss and German stores on Lego.com.

I can believe that the line will be discontinued after 2013, but I find it hard to believe that all four sets scheduled for this year are canceled.

Personally, discontinuing the Games line would be a huge disappointment. They are the main reason I have interest in Legos, but I frequently buy other sets (Ninjago, Star Wars, City) for my kids, as gifts to kid relatives and for birthday parties that my kids attend. I also buy multiple Lego Games sets and donate them to Toys for Tots. Lego would 100% lose my interest and support if they canceled these sets and discontinued the Games line.

I really do think the theme has ended. Keep in mind, when TLG says "cancelled" they usually mean there will still be a very limited release (see the 2012 Friends Advent Calender). So, I'm guessing we'll see a couple at LEGO Brand Store in the US and a few online in Europe.

Keep in mind, when TLG says "cancelled" they usually mean there will still be a very limited release

Keep in mind, TLG has not said anything about cancellation of the board games line. It was just a rumour on some blog on the internet.

Still no confirmation from Lego or from anyone not using that one blog as its source.

But... the "Lego Games" page on Facebook hasn't had any updates for 7 days, the longest they've gone without posting something since December.

Something is up. I really hope they release the Batman, Chima, and LOTR games. They look fantastic and would at least be a nice send-off for us fans of this theme.

the "Lego Games" page on Facebook hasn't had any updates for 7 days, the longest they've gone without posting something since December.

And now they're posting again... :wacko:

Edited by buddydave

I spotted the new LEGO Batman board game on the shelves of my local Target store today. A notable difference from previous board games was that it was not "shrink wrapped" in plastic, but the lid was taped shut much like some larger LEGO sets.

I spotted the new LEGO Batman board game on the shelves of my local Target store today. A notable difference from previous board games was that it was not "shrink wrapped" in plastic, but the lid was taped shut much like some larger LEGO sets.

Okay, thanks for the info, guess I won't have to worry then.

The article also states that the board games line will be phased out in a controlled way, whatever that's supposed to mean.

I spotted the new LEGO Batman board game on the shelves of my local Target store today.

Hopefully the LOTR game is available in shops too (unlike the 5th Heroica game), I'll pick it up during a sale rather than $50 on S@H.

Official confirmation of the end of board games by Soren Lund from the Spielwarenmesse (in German):

http://www.spielware...cht/news/10524/

But will we still be able to buy the Batman and Lotr game, I wonder.

Ah pity on that. While we don't own that many Lego games I found all of them very entertaining. But at one point I can see Lego stopping on expanding the range. But hopefully they will keep the older ones available for much longer.

Hmmm, I thought the Batman game was cancelled? Though, it's only in stores.

^Oh, I did not see that earlier post. Didn't see any at my Target today, though! :look:

The Chima game looks more interesting than I thought. I have all the new board games now, so I can post the Batman and LOTR rules as well, if anyone is interested.

Batman is a simple roll and move and LOTR looks like a Heroica clone.

9141043533_29528255aa_z.jpg

9141042843_9169d76019_z.jpg

9143306300_25a8238391.jpg

I have bought and played the batman game, love the micro figs in this set. Also have the chima game but haven't opened it.

I have noticed the lotr and hobbit games but not purchased either as yet.

Wait....you bought the LOTR game? As in you own it? MUST FIND. and yes, I'd like the other two rule books. I'm really happy because I use the microfigs as action figures in my LEGO toy store.

LOTR also has a poster with three different setups (small, medium, large).

I embedded the pictures a bit bigger for readability, hope this isn't a problem.

9159965296_3e528c8d1c_c.jpg

9159964132_a9e32aeab6_c.jpg

9159962892_72f0bc1109_c.jpg

9159961712_f21fcd4666_z.jpg

I like the idea of the rangefinder. And the siege ladders and the gates are pretty cool looking.

9160028004_b8d84a9803_c.jpg

9160026908_57ac0cb4df_c.jpg

9157800305_33b9568b51_c.jpg

The three new games weren't in the german catalogue pdf either, so I doubt they will be made widely available.

LOTR also has a poster with three different setups (small, medium, large).

I embedded the pictures a bit bigger for readability, hope this isn't a problem.

I like the idea of the rangefinder. And the siege ladders and the gates are pretty cool looking.

The three new games weren't in the german catalogue pdf either, so I doubt they will be made widely available.

Thanks very much for that, the LOTR game sounds like great fun, hopefully it gets released in the UK. :classic:

We have the Ninjago game and I thought it was terribly lame, so I haven't purchased any of the others. However, the LotR game actually looks like it could be entertaining. Thanks for posting the instructions.

What I don't get about Batman is why can the players move the villains?

You only get to move the villains after you visited the police station. If you roll the joker symbol, you can then move your "own" villain towards you, or the villain of your opponents away from them, e.g. in the water if they don't have the Batboat, so that it will take them longer to catch them.

Edited by xtremegoogler

Huzzah! These games just started appearing at retailers in NZ. Anyone else having much joy finding them?

LOTR looks like the game Heroica shoulda/coulda been. Thanks for posting the instructions.