Sign in to follow this  
Kaminoan

CUSTOM Grand Admiral Thrawn Minifig

Hello All,

I decided to try my hand with E-bay and list some of the custom minifigs that I have made to help cover some of the costs of my up coming wedding. This is the first one I am listing, Grand Admiral Thrawn:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...me=STRK:MESE:IT

I know I am new around here and if this violates any rules please let me know.

Feel free to give me your opinions as I traditionally sell the decals for you guys to make your own figures.

Thanks

Jared

Well as we only have one rule here i should think that this will be ok, i to know the pain of arranging a wedding and how hard it hits your wallet. But remember to put lots of lego sets down on your wedding gifts list, thats what i keep telling my partner im gonna do :-D :)

Vader,

Thanks for the info, I was a bit concerned.

I know I didn't mention it in the auction, but I will ship this world wide, forgot to change my default setting. I will just need to recalculate shipping at the close of the auction if it is won by someone overseas.

Jared

Ahhhhh you violated so many ruullllesss by doing thiiissss ! Thiiss isss publicccc advertisssinnnggg ! You should know that this is forbiden ! You can even beeing charged with a lot of bad stuff and our lawyers will sue you !

And there is only one punishment for this !

*taking the public spanker*:P

ahah just kidding... feel free to put whatever your want dude ! And nice figs, thrawn has always been one of my favorite character the only bad point is that not a lot of people know him...

Jipay,

Thanks for the comedy. I needed the laugh this evening.

These auctions are really to draw attention to the decals that I have for sale. Most of the people around here are perfectly cabable of making their own figs with the decals I have to offer at about 1/10th of the cost of a complete custom fig. Which is why I focus on decal making, allowing the hobby to be cheap enough for everyone to play. This is all a marketing idea to introduce my site. Anyway I am always happy to answer decal questions, give design suggestions and even take design requests.

Jared

Do you want a link from eurobricks to your website ? We can manage this... I dunno if it could help a lot but nearly 1000 people are browsing our dumb website everyday.

(www.eurobricks.com/stats for the people interested...)

Glad I made you laugh, I know that sometimes we need to laugh because the day was bad.

Back on topic (can't believe i wrotte back on topic), we are maybe going to create minifig custom section in our forum since redbean said he would be glad the spa... ehh I mean moderate the section.

Jipay,

Thanks for the offer, I would love to have the link. I need to finish my links page as well and would like to put you guys up as well. What do we need to get this set up. RB and I go way back, he is a very good choice. Drop me an email and we can figure out the small stuff: Fineclonier@gmail.com Thanks again

Jared

Those are some sweet figs youve made there, i really like the way that youve done Aurra Sing's hair it really adds to the fig. :)

Vade,

Glad you like her. That is actually a red Lego snake. If you put it in boiling water for about 1 minute it gets soft and you can shape it into a better hair piece. Thanks for the comment.

Jared

It's a shame I don't have money to burn on Thrawn. I would have liked one, but it would have been easiere to get the pieces, right?

I'm amazed by your talent for decals! They are really LEGO like!

Thrawn,

If you wanted to order the decals to make The Grand Admiral, his torso decal would be $1 and his face decal would be $0.50 plus shipping, if you are outside the US. If you are in the US and your order is over $3 shipping is free. So if you have your own parts you could make the figure for $1.50. These auctions have two purposes, first to advertise my website and second to make some extra funds for my wedding/honeymoon. I don't want to take advantage of anyone, which is why I clearly linked my auctions to my website. I can't say in the auction come buy things from my website because ebay will pull my auctions. Thanks for the comments.

Jared

I was not out to offend you, Jared.

In future, I may have to consider getting some figs from you, just so I can get in on the fun.

Good luck in the future, and keep up the antastic work! You are the customizing king!

Thrawn,

No offence taken. I was merely pointing out that there are alternatives that are much cheaper that buying a complete minifig and that they are very affordable. Which is the reason I started the print service in the first place. Glad you like the figures, they are have a good responce on ebay.

Here are some new figs that I have put up recently:

Ugnaught: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...me=STRK:MESE:IT

Wuher: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...me=STRK:MESE:IT

If you guys are getting tired of these let me know and I will stop posting them.

Jared

They are going fairly well. Some, like todays for instance, blow me out of the water $27.00 for Aurra Sing is incredible. I was really figuring that most figs would bring in $7.50-$15.00 and the first few sold right at the $10-11 range so I figured I was on target, but Aurra and Mara have blown the original range away. Anyway, I post them more or less to get comments from other SW fans so I can improve them and to also let you guys know you could make one yourself from the decals I sell for a much more economical price. Hope you are enjoying seeing figs that Lego will never make. Just wait till tonights gets posted. It blows me away how well it turned out. I had no idea as I hadn't previously made it.

Jared

The face is definitly nice ! I know why the girl figures are selling well : boobs.

Yeah it's dumb and simple, but that's how boys are working :|

Ssshhhhhhhh jipay your giving all our secrets away :-D ;)

That pondo looks great, the face looks very clear and clean to me. :)

Sign in to follow this