I don't know, I don't see anything that'll make this not end up like Lego Universe and die.

This right here will be a huge deciding factor (and is undoubtedly the reason for point and click)

"Work on the tablet version has been accelerated by the allocation of more

resources"

Tablet version. Mobile gaming market. Far far deeper penetration of a younger audience, and a more willing micro transaction clientele than PC gaming.

I wouldn't call games on tablets, "gaming," by any means. But no, it's not really doing a lot for younger audiences. Every kid might have an iPad, iPhone, etc but MMOs are currently pretty unpopular in tablet forms. Or AAA titles. Just look at the massive flop that was Deus Ex: The Fall. That's not to say LEGO cannot make a dent in the mobile market, I'm sure they'll do well, but Grumpy Sparrows and MMOs are different. If the Minifig MMO has a fair amount of depth to it, it will most likely be unsuccessful.

I wouldn't call games on tablets, "gaming," by any means. But no, it's not really doing a lot for younger audiences. Every kid might have an iPad, iPhone, etc but MMOs are currently pretty unpopular in tablet forms. Or AAA titles. Just look at the massive flop that was Deus Ex: The Fall. That's not to say LEGO cannot make a dent in the mobile market, I'm sure they'll do well, but Grumpy Sparrows and MMOs are different. If the Minifig MMO has a fair amount of depth to it, it will most likely be unsuccessful.

But look at the massive success that is Minecraft on tablets. Every young Lego age kid I know is madly grinding away at MC on his iPad or Kindle. And what we old farts call gaming is irrelevant when tablets and mobile are quickly becoming a key industry growth and profit point.

That's because MC had massive successes on PC already, it didn't just come out of the blue.

Lego Minifigures Online Update: November 21, 2013:

• The project is on schedule and the team working on the game met all major

deliveries during the 3rd quarter

• Delivered a significant amount of features and content primary focused on

usability and the new player experience respectively

• In September DeLevie Group Research conducted focus testing of the game

in New York. The results of the focus testing were extremely positive

• Tablet version of the game remains on schedule with first playable to be

Private and confidential – intended solely for use by the recipient

delivered in December

• Invitations to the first externals to participate in the closed beta phase will

be sent this week

• In August Funcom had the first public reveal of the game at Gamescomin

Cologne, Germany. Initial feedback has been very positive

• Invitations to the first externals to participate in the closed beta phase will

be sent this week

YES

-Gata signoff.png

It was disguised as a "confidential" e-mail, but I'm now a part of the closed beta!

It can't be responded too, so there's no point in posting it. Everything about the Beta is confidential so I won't be able to post anything until open beta begins. All I can say is, it is very laggy where I'm located.

All I can say is, it is very laggy where I'm located.

Meh, that's to be expected for an early beta - you should have seen how laggy LU alpha was; you'd smash something and the coins and loot would burst out five seconds later. :tongue:

Edited by jamesster

The LU beta had its moments as well. I hope this game will at least (somewhat) live up to LU.

From the looks of the thread, they only sent out 2 keys this week.

What do you mean? As in 2 invites or are the keys you are referring to something else? I get the feeling TLG went to websites like Eurobricks and Brickset for the emails for the invites, would be nice to know our chances. So do you mean 2 keys as in 2 invites? Because that to me implies Eurobricks is the main place where the emails are being sent out.

What do you mean? As in 2 invites or are the keys you are referring to something else? I get the feeling TLG went to websites like Eurobricks and Brickset for the emails for the invites, would be nice to know our chances. So do you mean 2 keys as in 2 invites? Because that to me implies Eurobricks is the main place where the emails are being sent out.

I haven't gotten one. :sadnew:

-Sci

That's not how it works. :tongue: And quite a lot more than two people have gotten invites for sure, though it's still pretty limited at this point.

I think Funcom is the place sending out the invites. I have Beta tested other MMO's for them, which always seems to be a major contributing factor in getting on any list for a new game. The CMF MMO Beta account login apparently also ties to the Lego VIP system, so testers may have been drawn from that as well.

Beta won't run on my machine. Says the patcher is an invalid Win32 application.

Run as Administrator

Run as Administrator

No good. Says the user is invalid or the password is wrong, and I don't have a password on the admin account. It's okay, I'll wait for a more stable build.

Has anyone got any beta invites for Lego Minifigures Online lately.

Yes, just yesterday actually.

Edited by jamesster

Has anyone got any beta invites for Lego Minifigures Online lately.

Nope, so far nothing for me. :(