Mr_Malfoy

Plans for LEGO 2013?

The plan is too build more and spend less. As I recently figured out, I own far too many minifigs for my needs, so I'm parting with those. My collection has grown in the last year very extensively, so this year I won't be buying much. From the sets, I hope to get Horizon Express and Palace Cinema, and on the side perhaps another copy of Haunted House and Town Hall (for MOCing). Other than that, the interesting (and useful) new parts I get from Bricklink.

Well many of the friends sets will be coming into our home. These will technically be for my daughters. I have already worked out as many excuses as possible to buy Friends for them, birthday, valentines, Easter, last day of school etc....

I do want to get lots of opportunities to build this winter. Once May hits the farm and garden don't allow much "play" time.

Hoping to have some nice garage sale lego finds in the spring/ summer.

I am excited about August. Looking forward to a Castle, and a nice big Creator house, hopefully.

Oh and that Friends boat interests me. It sounds like a large set. Hopefully the girls want it for Christmas. Glad it will be a long time before they grow up and take the Friends LEGO away from me lol

I've only recently got back into Lego so this year I want to start building some MOCs. I'd like to do some Doctor Who and James Bond MOCS as well as a train station for my nephew. I also want to sort out my old Lego and set up a display area. In terms of sets, I'm interested in buying some more LOTR and Monster Fighters sets, as well as the Palace Cinema or the Grand Emporium. I'm also quite interested in the Grand Carousel and the Ferris Wheel.

The plan is too build more and spend less.

Good luck with that ;). It didn't work out so well for me. I spent more and built less. I have got to try harder to just build more this year.

As I recently figured out, I own far too many minifigs for my needs, so I'm parting with those. My collection has grown in the last year very extensively, so this year I won't be buying much. From the sets, I hope to get Horizon Express and Palace Cinema, and on the side perhaps another copy of Haunted House and Town Hall (for MOCing). Other than that, the interesting (and useful) new parts I get from Bricklink.

How are you "parting" with your minifigs? I also have many more than I need.

Good luck with your LEGO plans for 2013. Personally I am looking forward to seeing more of your excellent MOC's.

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

For me I hope to get most if not all of the following this year if they don't sell out before then,The Sopwith Camel Biplane,The Cinema Palace if it is $79 or $80,Chima Eris Eagle Interceptor,Craggars Command Ship,Equila's Ultra Striker,Razar's Chi Raider,Arctic Batman & Mr. Freeze Set,Batmobile and Two Face Chase Set,and pretty much any smaller Creator sets under $50 or $60.

Also I got a Target Redcard the other day and now I can save 5% on my purchases at there store or online,sure its not much but atleast it saves a little.I also might get other Lego's if they are eye catching.Thanks all.

I think everyone has too many minifigures; however, in 2013 I will be accumulating many more minifigures, so I don't see myself parting with mine anytime soon (although I probably should).

I commented earlier with my plans, but I definitely want to build more and buy less. So far 3 weeks into the new year and I have only made a few small purchases. And I've built a Winter Village set. So far, so good.

I plan to buy the Hobbit and LOtR sets I have not yet got or come out over the year. I will also get the custom Mini-figures as they are released. I'd like to get the Galaxy Squad sets, but not sure about them, will have to see them close up once they are out. Other than that any CITY trucks or other relevant vehicles. I'd like to get the CITY Mine set simply as I have all the others in the sub theme. Other than that just bricklink for train stuff unless they come out with any new trains. (Have just purchased and built two Horizon Express sets, making one proper train.) Oh that reminds me, I need another battery box for the rear lights.

Edit: Forgot, I expect I'll get some Friends sets for the wife as presents as and when as she is into that.

Edited by Hrw-Amen

I'm going to collect all the Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit sets, my favorite Collectible Minifigures, and a few miscellaneous sets here and there, like Spider-Cycle Chase. :wink: I'm also working on some nice shelves to display my collection on.

Edited by Legomaster34

Try to control myself and not buy every single new awesome thing that comes out in 2013 (And there are SO MANY!) since my wallet couldn't actually handle that.

I plan to buy everything Tolkien related and a select few Star Wars and Superheroes sets that catch my eye.

I spent quite a bit on lego the last few years. But i did buy a few sets to sell later on. There wasn't much i bought last year except the town hall. Not much has caught my eye this year either unfortunately. I echo the feast or famine sentiment. However i hope for some decent exclusives later in the year whatever they may be!

It looks like LEGO could be in for a tough year. I've read how many people plan to spend less (and build more). Only one problem with this... LEGO doesn't make money if we just sit at our desks and build... We have to go to the store (virtual or brick and mortor) and actually buy something.

I hope TLG doesn't come after me for starting a spend less movement. My plans for 2013 are not necessarly to spend less, they are to build more.

There, I hope TLG will forgive my previous motto.

Andy D

It looks like LEGO could be in for a tough year. I've read how many people plan to spend less (and build more). Only one problem with this... LEGO doesn't make money if we just sit at our desks and build... We have to go to the store (virtual or brick and mortor) and actually buy something.

I hope TLG doesn't come after me for starting a spend less movement. My plans for 2013 are not necessarly to spend less, they are to build more.

There, I hope TLG will forgive my previous motto.

Andy D

I'm probably going to spend the same amount. The problem is that this year there's MORE I want to buy, but I can't.

For me I plan on buying around a dozen Lego sets,from the Cinema Palace,4 or 5 Chima's,That Horizon Express if I can find it at TRU or Target,The Sopwith Camel Biplane,That Batman and Mr. Freeze Set,either the Samurai Mech or Kai's Fire Mech from Ninjago depending on which I find first,Ninjago Cole's Earth Driller,and that Creator Log Cabin at Walmart.

Now as for the topic of MOC's I would like to get some bricks from Bricklink or elsewhere and try to build my first MOC of a lifesize Screech Owl,complete with folding wings,moveable head,and etc.I have always wanted one as a pet but they are illegal to own a real one,so I would settle for one made out of Lego's.

Lastly but does anyone know if that has been done before,if so where can I find pics of it.Thanks all and Happy Lego'ing.