Mr_Malfoy

Plans for LEGO 2013?

Well I only came back to lego this Xmas. I am technic head and started off with 8070, 9398, 9395. I started from scratch as all my childhood lego is lost to me :(. I have a busy 2013 year now! Happy days!

Plans are:

Need to get a lot of random technic parts. On priority list at the moment are 3x XL motors, IR receiver and one more remote.

42000 set is lovely. It's a shame we got to wait till march :(.

I want to get my hands on a few older sets. On priority list at the moment is 8880. Great set!

I want to start a collection of non technic lego on the side. I just can't decide what to go for! Lotr, Star Wars, monster hunters. :(

Well, my plan for 2012 was to only use free money (gifts, tips, money found on the sidewalk, et cetera) for LEGO, and surprisingly enough I managed to stick to it, so I'll definitely continue that this year. If that budget allows, I want to get caught up on Architecture sets (still have five more to get, plus the Imperial Hotel and whatever else comes out this year). I also hope to make some Mini Modular MOCs - more MOCs in general really - and enter some more contests.

Edited by Tragic Banjo

1. The Bat vs Bane Tumbler Chase, hopefully this weekend.

2. Something from the March LOTR line.

3. Whatever I can save up for later on.

Pretty much 10233 x2 and that'll be it for me, it looks like. MAYBE continue with Master Builders Academy, SW Buildable Galaxy and if they do a second Mini Modulars.

Other than that, just nothing really exciting me that I've seen so far. Not to be a Debbie Downer or trash TLG, just that there are years of feast, years of midrange and years of famine, and as far as catching my eye 2013 looks like it's gonna be a "Famine" year.

I think they will wait on a second mini modular series until they have a few more sets to do. Unless they want to have a much lower price-tag on it. I'm not sure how they will incorporate two 16x16 into mini form, but that's for their Master Builders to figure out. But that brings 3 (with this next year's cinema), so probably in a few years they will have a new one.

I agree about the feast and famine idea, although I wouldn't attribute it to TLG as a whole, but more theme specific. For a collector like myself, next year's SW range will be more famine, but Hobbit/LOTR will be a feast fit for a king. So it really depends on what you're looking at.

Well, my plans for this year:

Sets:

- I will probably buy the entire TMNT line, I really like them. Haven't heard too much acclaim here at EB about the line, but they are must buys for my list. Yeah, and each set has a fig I want, arg.

- The Nick Fury / Venom / Spiderman set and Freeze / Aquaman / White Bats set for sure, so much value.

- Whatever KMart 50% clearance toy sale appears I check out. Last year was very good for me here at KMarts.

That might be it really. If TMNT wasn't here this year, I probably wouldn't buy much.

MOCs:

- Last year I started the biggest project I ever attempted, a three block semi-modular style city project. (Links in my Flickr if interested.) By six months in, I had sketched and designed most of the building facades and color schemes. Currently, its about 50% complete all exteriors. So I am planning to have all exteriors done by midyear and all interiors by the end of the year. I work slow, so this should be doable.

- Two VicVipers for Novvember 2013.

- Two space rovers for Febrovery.

- Organize bricks more / better.

- Take photos of the couple mocs I haven't yet to share.

- MODs/Moc of a castle for the... what do you call them, green dragon knight faction?

- Quinjet MOD prolly.

All I see for now.

That new Modular Cinema is looking pretty exciting - so I've got to start saving up for that.

Build more! Spend less! And publish more MOCs on this forum.

I'd also like to crack how to do water effectively in Lego.

I plan to continue tracking down Bionicle sets I missed out on through Amazon. Its hard waiting for decent prices to be listed. :grin:

The ones on the top of my list are:

Brutaka :wub:

Jaller Mahri

Matau Hordika

Vezok

Strakk

I'm very excited about Castle 2013 as well. Can't wait to see how these sets turn out.

And I'm of course looking forward to getting some of the minifigures from series 9 and 10.

I plan to get my collection of bricks organized (already started) and build more to use some of those parts to build MOCs and build some of my unopened sets to reduce the number of unopened boxes in my closet and get some of the better sets and new MOCs displayed.

This also means that I have to get some display space installed to appropriately display the constructions.

Someone remind me of this post next December to see how well I did!

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Probably will get the Lotr Othanc Tower, 2x Black gates, and many architecture series sets. And then many more legos that are not currently in my mind. :grin:

I plan on buying the Technic F1 car, the Service Truck, the Mobile Crane MKII, and the Pet Shop. I would also like to start building some modular buildings.

Additionally, I would like to build a few Technic mocs, and possibly submit something to Cuusoo. Also, I would like to redo my storage system with some better drawers. I'm not a fan of the drawers that I use.

Work and money permitting, I would also like to attend Brickfair in Washington DC, BrickWorld in Chicago, BrickMagic in Raleigh, and BrickCon in Seattle.

Another fun year with LEGO!

I want to build a church to coordinate wiith the winter village. There is an awesome church I saw on the internet, with an outdoor manger scene. I have to find our how to get the bricks and stained glass windows.

I am also looking for inspiration for a Winter Village church. Do you have the URL of the church of the church you saw?

Andy D

I'm gonna have to add the Mindstorms NXT EV3 kit to my list of must-haves this year...

So, in total:

2x Horizon Express

1x 42000 Grand Prix Racer

1x new Technic Mobile Crane

1x Mindstorms NXT EV3

And an indeterminate amount of PF track to expand my layout. I think it may be time for me to move my entire train system over to PF, and sell off the 9v stuff :sceptic:

My plans are to attempt to buy all(read: just about every System set they're releasing) my wanted sets. :sadnew:

I will definitely be finishing up my collection of Hobbit sets, and getting the new LOTR sets. And I want to get down my old lego collection and sort it, but that's going to take a lot of work and I need to get a lot of smaller storage containers. After all of that, I have a few MOCs that I want to do, like Lothlorien.

Definitely pick up tons of the collectable minifigs. I'm hoping to get more than a few Knights from Series 9. I also want to get some more Original Trilogy Star Wars sets, some LotR sets and see whats in store for Castle 2013. I missed out on the last Castle sets unfortunately.

I also want to get started on doing more MOCs and to start Brickflicking.

My next plan is to acquire the new fire truck and fire station and build some fire truck MOCs with the parts.

I also plan to continue to expand my collection of LEGO maps and get closer to having every LEGO map ever made.

And I will no doubt spend lots of money on Series 9, Series 10 and Series 11. (already got one plumber, one cop, one judge and one waiter and want more of all 4 plus some others like the roller skate girl)

I will also be thanking LEGO for not releasing as many good sets in 2013 (most Creator sets, some of the City stuff, Galaxy Squad, Hero Factory, Chima, Ninjago, Starwars and others) to save my poor pocketbook after the awesome stuff of the last few years (like Monster Fighters, Alien Conquest etc)

Edited by jonwil

If I can get it past my wife :) I would like to collect all the LOTR/Hobbit sets. Which is a pretty significant financial investment, so I'm going to have to go it slow.

I'll be scouting ebay as usual looking for bargains. My latest was the Portal of Atlantis set (#8078), MSRP $99.99, I got it for $35.00 plus $16 shipping. The box is dinged a bit but still unopened.

If money doesn't get tight I'll get the Mines of Moria, Helm's Deep, and the Uruk-Hai army, in that order. Then the Orc Forge and work on the Hobbit sets.

Are the rumors of 2013 LOTR sets true? Orthanc, the Black Gate, etc.? Isengard/Orthanc would be too awesome!

There is also a backlog of CMF's that I want to get. Having gotten back into the hobby only a couple months ago, I only now realize how much I've missed! I'm not interested in full sets of them, only a couple from each series really, but for older rare ones that gets expensive (Roman Soldier, anyone?).

I'll try to stay away from TMNT, Chima, Superheroes and Lone Rangers. I will only pick up those if on 50%+ sale.

I plan on getting Haunted House and Winter Village Cottage when they hit amazon.

I also plan on getting Unexpected Gathering and Police Station for my son. I really should picked up Police Station during holiday sales.

This year's sets will have to wait till new year I am afraid. My plan is to get Horizon Express, Palace Cinema and Creator houses.

My plans for 2013 have changed in the last 2 days: -

Was collecting LOTR (not Hobbit stuff), but the Chima sets and story just look better and better each time. I think they're great, and with 3 new tribes to come yet. Always have liked what Lego do, I feel like I want to stick to a 100% produced Lego theme and not a licensed theme. So I think it's goodbye LOTR and go for Chima.

Planning on Horizon Express, Palace Cinema and series 9/10/11 of the CMFs.

And I like the new cement mixer, probably get that too for a shelf somewhere...

I am not sure what all I will get for 2013 but I do have my eyes on 4 or 5 of the Chima sets,maybe 3 or 4 Creator ones,and about 5 of the Star Wars,then maybe a handful from the Lego Lines.Finally I may try to get the Marvel and DC Super Heroes sets if I can afford them.I just love LEGO's.

I want to continue buying all LOTR and Hobbit sets. I just need the Goblin King battle to finish what they've released of the Hobbit and I've already got all the 2012 LOTR sets, so I'm excited to see the new ones. I wasn't planning on buying much else theme-wise but I must say Chima is looking pretty cool so we'll see.

I also want to get more into customization and making some more Legend of Zelda Mocs. Speaking of if anyone would like to support my Cuusoo project I'd really appreciate it. I've got a lot of big plans for that in the upcoming month to improve it. http://lego.cuusoo.c...deas/view/32525

Edited by westalbott

Frist I want to clean my whole Lego building area, so I can build.

Because I want to build more this year. Last year I made like 1 moc and was thinking about 100 mocs in my head.

So, I want to build more this year instead of thinking about what to build :classic: :classic:

For the first half of the year, I'll be wrapping up all of the remaining or current Star Wars and LOTR/Hobbit sets I need. Hopefully, if there's any money left over I can look at gathering any remaining Harry Potter and Marvel sets on my list. By the summer waves, I might have to reassess for purchases in the fall. Probably still dabble in the CMF and consider Castle/Kingdoms.

I should also get around to using my VIP points this year.