Righty

Winter Village: Village Church

Hello All!

Please check out my special creation for the holiday, the Village Church for the well known LEGO Winter Village series.

The Church, which is an important part a village has never been released by LEGO, so I decided to design and build my own one.

You will see the detailed exterior as well as the interior on the pictures below, and also how well this building fits in the Winter Village atmosphere!

temp_people_2.jpg

The Village Church:

8301666540_7dcd103204_c.jpg

The view of the Village:

8301666082_2c1ab7f42f_c.jpg

Backside view:

8301665274_2d68652146_c.jpg

The interior:

8300615079_eb7fd3af0b_z.jpg

Above the detailed interior of the church. There you will see the benches and a place for the choir and the people. There is a bell in the tower and an altar inside as well.

Some additional photos in high res: http://www.flickr.co...hty/8301666540/

Thanks for watching and happy holidays for you all!:)

Based on some nice comments I update the first image :)

Edited by Righty

nice work!!! All those new parts are very nice for building such a MOC's!

Hi! Thanks for the nice comment:) I used the red trim because I simply like the colour. Technically, this is made of metal so the snow melted on it:)

Hi! Thanks for the nice comment:) I used the red trim because I simply like the colour. Technically, this is made of metal so the snow melted on it:)

Ahh, ok, I got it now. The backstory is really crucial sometimes!

This is really nice and fits in with the official sets well. I'm also not the biggest fan of red as a color, but I do understand the effect you were going for and I think you pulled it off well. Is there a way to see the interiors without taking off the roof? The official sets leave off a wall - it would be a shame if your interiors are normally hidden as they look very nice.

Hey! Thanks for the nice comments! I designed the building in this way because I wanted to place it in the village centre, so it would look not so well with a wall missing. So I sacrificed the easy-to-access interior, but the building looks well from the windows of all village houses:)

Really nice! I love all the detail on the bell tower and how you have done the interior. However, I have to agree with the others about the red trim - it seems out of place. Dark green might be a better option?

I love the red trim! Very nice colourful roof. There is a risk in some of the Winter Village stuff that it's really just a city building with a white roof, this is proper Winter Village I think.

I really like this church - you've got some very nice architectural details in there, and it's a great addition to the contest!

The lack of an open back is a negative, but I understand your reasons for building all four walls. My biggest problem with it is that it seems to dwarf the other buildings - I'd prefer it to be a bit smaller. But all in all a very nice building that definitely fits in, as you say, with the atmosphere.

Nice church... it really looks the part as a centrepiece for a small village. Really like the interior but as others have said, the red on the roof seems out of place but it doesn't really detract from a great model.

Nice work!

I really like this church - you've got some very nice architectural details in there, and it's a great addition to the contest!

The lack of an open back is a negative, but I understand your reasons for building all four walls. My biggest problem with it is that it seems to dwarf the other buildings - I'd prefer it to be a bit smaller. But all in all a very nice building that definitely fits in, as you say, with the atmosphere.

Thanks! I am expecting LEGO to release larger houses in he foreseeable future, like the 10229, so that these will "grow up" to the church in size:)

Very nice!

I think the snow-on-the-roof effect might be stronger if the inverse-slopes on the steeple were not white, but the natural color of the steeple (red? grey?).

Very nice!

I think the snow-on-the-roof effect might be stronger if the inverse-slopes on the steeple were not white, but the natural color of the steeple (red? grey?).

That could be a possible update, yes, but challenging, since the top of the steeple is quite small.

Great church! The 1st picture was so serene and peaceful! Then you brought in the crowd! :laugh:

The snow on roof makes the place look freezing cold...

Great church! The 1st picture was so serene and peaceful! Then you brought in the crowd! :laugh:

The snow on roof makes the place look freezing cold...

I'm glad you like the Church! They did have busy days before Christmas Eve but now everyone is calm and peaceful again in the Winter Village!;)

great MOC. the church blends well with the whole winter theme...

Hey, thanks for the nice comment!;)