Sign in to follow this  
ramjarjamjar

[MOC] Jurassic Park vehicles - Jeep & Tour vehicle

Hi

Jurassic park is my all time favourite film and i've wanted to make these particular vehicles into Lego for a looong time. The second film is alright, and i try to forget the third one happened (although i did own one of the Lego Studios JP3 sets).

Anyway, I don't really have too much else to say, so i'll just leave these pictures here with you guys. What do you all think?

8328736558_9aa626e0c8.jpg

Lego Jurassic Park vehicles - jeep & tour car by ramjarjamjar, on Flickr

8327605879_a0de08720a.jpg

8328721678_d19150ca19.jpg

8327594301_3670f2d018.jpg

8328667462_4b7dfe8a57.jpg

Oh I just want to mention that the tour vehicle was meant to have the bigger tyres that the Jeep has but unfortunately they didn't fit in the wheel arches. It would look a lot better if they did.

I'm thinking of building the raptor pen next but i don't really have a lot of time or money so i don't know when that will ever get done.

Edited by ramjarjamjar

You nailed that jeep. Awesome. It almost makes me with I was more into the LEGO Dino.

Man, that's perfect. Add some decals... :thumbup:

Thanks everyone!

(Just a suggestion, but maybe the rear rollcage would look better in black than in tan?)

I did actually have them in black originally, i'm not sure which i prefer though, having it all black makes the clips on top of those parts less distracting, it does look a bit clunky in that area, but i think the tan is slightly more screen accurate (dark tan would be better, but the part isn't made in that colour) and it adds a bit extra colour.

My favourite film ever too!

I don't really ever watch films any more but I think Jurassic Park probably has something to do with it - knowing there will never be a film that good!

Your vehicles are great - I particularly like the green and red one - the colours make it obvious it is a JP theme.

Those cars are stunning! They look just like what I imagine when I think of Jurassic Park. My favourite is the red-and-grey Jeep.

Perfect builds - no suggestions from me.

I agree with the others - the Jeep is just about perfect, but would probably be even better with black bars in the back. I'm not too keen on the shape of the other one, it's a bit too square and the proportions seem a bit off - but on that one, the colours are spot-on :)

Looks great, as soon as I saw the topic title I pictured exactly what I saw in your mocs. Great work, spot on.

I really like the red and grey Jeep. The Green one is good but I honestly think the front end is too long.

Same here.

The Jeep is well done, but the Ford has a too long hood : two studs less for the hood (giving then two more to the "cab") would maybe already be better :)

Edited by antp

I really like the red and grey Jeep. The Green one is good but I honestly think the front end is too long.

Same here.

The Jeep is well done, but the Ford has a too long hood : two studs less for the hood (giving then two more to the "cab") would maybe already be better :)

Yeah you guys are right,

Jurassic_Park_Explorer_by_lupin3ITA.jpg

I'll need to play around with it a bit more, Thanks for the feedback.

The grey jeep looks great. As for the other one studI think perhaps moving the windscreen forward one stud might even it out. But i can seen that would mean maybe spoiling that smooth roof. Otherwise these are both very good replicas. Well done. Maybe there will be some new vehicles from jurrasic park 4!

The jeep just makes me drool, instanly brings me back to that scene with the fat guy getting spit in his face.

Got only 2 points of criticism; try out some decals, maybe it will look great and I don't like the spare wheel,

maybe a similar version of the wheels you used will look better. Other than that it's all praise. :laugh: