I love street food and I didn't really like the scale of the 4431 Ambulance so I couldn't resist MODding it into something more useful. I used parts from a variety of other sources including some Red Hinges from a 4543 Railroad Tractor Flatbed set from the 90's. They've been so well used that they tend to close under their own weight and so I had to reset them between pictures.Anyway here's my version of a Taco Truck. I hope you like it and comments, suggestions and criticisms are very welcome!

8326919424_d1b20a31b1_c.jpg

I'm not sure if that guy is putting fish in the trash can or pulling them out - either way I'm not sure I'd eat here. Bike couriers on the other hand aren't quite as fussy eaters.

8325860651_0ffe2598ef_c.jpg

There were large mirrors on the stanchions at the front of the Truck before I went outside to take pictures, I'll be hunting for them later :cry_sad:

8326918562_270d6fd6c5_c.jpg

Closed up and ready to hit the road

8325861179_7261b5cde1_c.jpg

Your friendly neighborhood Taco Truck Owner.

Update: Following comments in the thread I revised the front end and built 'the-sketchiest-looking-taco-ever' to go on the roof and so the salmonella on four wheels now looks like...

8358646129_6bb774399f_c.jpg

So long and thanks for all the fish (tacos)

Edited by eurotrash
Edited title

Hey Moderators! Could you change the heading to MOC rather than MOD and replace the MOD tag with MOC as well please. There's a free fish taco in it for you!

Thanks! Fish Taco on its way....

Edited by eurotrash

Nice try at a snack van 'eurotrash'......I do like the use of those red 2x4 door pieces but the front end of the van worries me a little...something not right with it. :blush:

Brick On 'eurotrash' ! :classic:

Welcome back lightningtiger! It seems you went quiet for a while...

Yeah that front end was troubling me. I went through so many iterations but I kept on coming back to a front end that looked like existing sets. I wanted something different, but this isn't right and those cheese slopes are definitely wrong. Back to the drawing board, but in the meantime New Year Fish Tacos for everyone!

Awesome. It reminds me of the taco truck on Big Beach (Maui, Hawaii). Yours is more colorful though, I like that. Your table (I assume) even looks like beach sand. Maybe if the front of the truck was more angular and less curved like the picture below, it might work out better. You could then move the windshield forward 1 stud and move the door up to line up with the white stripe. Great idea for a MOC!

fishtacos.jpg

Edited by wondermonkey

This would make a great addition to any lego town. I think a taco on top of the van would look great.

Thanks for all the comments. I finally had a chance to tweak the front end (and I ultimately went back to the Ambulance slope - so no big progress, but it does look better and level up the red/white division line. I also took mobricki's advice and built the 'sketchiest-looking-taco-ever' out of some dark tan quarter rounds and some Atlantis flippers.

So here you are and fish tacos for everyone!

8358646129_6bb774399f_c.jpg

Hey Moderators what's the protocol for this kind of change - do I add this image back to the orignal post or leave this one here?

Hey Moderators what's the protocol for this kind of change - do I add this image back to the orignal post or leave this one here?

It's entirely up to you. My personal preference is simply adding a link to the new post to the first post.

Before you couldn't tell if it was an ice cream truck or a taco vending truck. Now there is no mistaking that it sells tacos. Keep Bricking.

Great work Eurotrash, the updated version has a very 'classic' feel to it with the sloped front.

Im hungry now :sceptic: