Does it say 219.99 MSRP ? I,ve seen a few different pictures and have yet to see one clear enought to see the MSRP on the display card. Also, did anyone notice the funny black pieces where the drive axle is for the fake motor, looks like something new.

Dan

@ Rishab N: Yes, the yellow panel in front of the fake engine looks a bit crooked -- maybe somebody did not assemble it correctly.

@ skylinedan: Yes, the 42009 Mobile Crane MkII has a Suggested Retail Price (SRP) of USD $219.99. We could see the card clearly on the recent videos posted on this topic. I'm not sure what you mean by the "funny black pieces", however.

42009-1.jpg

His picture from under neath through the glass shelf, might just be glare and distortion. And yes the panel is crooked, but also it has no pins in it at the rear if you notice. I,d say your right on it being a bad build, might also explain why the panels are missing on the top half at the back. if it was shipped assembled, it may have come apart and no one knew how to put it back together, LOL.

Dan

LOL, look closely at the under side picture and notice the double leanth pin with bushings are not all the way in also, I,m talking at the rear bumper area.

Dan

Edited by skylinedan

Looks like the crane uses different steering arm lengths to achieve the varying steer angles, much like 8053 did. Front axle uses 3L steering arms, 2nd and 4th axle uses 5L, and the 5th axle uses a 4L steering arm assembly.

The 1x15 beam on the front axle was installed incorrectly as well. :grin:

The Lego Group should hire one of the Technic AFOLs to inspect (ahem) guard their sets being shown at the Toy Fairs! :tongue:

under1.jpg

The Lego Group should hire one of the Technic AFOLs to inspect (ahem) guard their sets being shown at the Toy Fairs! :tongue:

under1.jpg

I'm just too happy to volunteer...

Does it say 219.99 MSRP ? I,ve seen a few different pictures and have yet to see one clear enought to see the MSRP on the display card. Also, did anyone notice the funny black pieces where the drive axle is for the fake motor, looks like something new.

Dan

42009price_zps2cfc733c.jpg

Do I see this part in black at the bottom of the 42009 Crane ?

63869.gif

And you'd almost say it has this frame in 3x5 or 3x7:

64179.gif

Edited by merman

i also think we wil get it in black .

and do you mean the part right in front of the fourth axel mounted verticaly?

Yes. It looks like a new frame...

Could als be a regular 5x7 frame with part 32184

Edited by merman

@ Rishab N: Yes, the yellow panel in front of the fake engine looks a bit crooked -- maybe somebody did not assemble it correctly.

@ skylinedan: Yes, the 42009 Mobile Crane MkII has a Suggested Retail Price (SRP) of USD $219.99. We could see the card clearly on the recent videos posted on this topic. I'm not sure what you mean by the "funny black pieces", however.

42009-1.jpg

Emmm guys, which version is the final one? So far i see two different things here. Look at the H shifter to controll gearbox. It has different design in this picture.

Edited by shadowhearth

63869.gif

64179.gif

63869.gif

64179.gif

I,m thinking the same thing only in black, the picture is a bit blurry from the glass. I dont see this new frame though, have to look more closely at it.

Dan

I sincerely hope the version with the extra panels is the right one. The other version feels unfinished.

My guess is that it is since they went to the trouble of making decals for the rear panel. Also if you study the two versions you can kind of see the one with the exposed L motor being a less developed version of the other one. They made the decision to put the rear side 1x5x11 panel on to cover the motor and then changed the size of the gearshift area on the other side to match the same dimensions.

At last! That part in different color. I still don't get why some pieces are made in various colors and why similar pieces aren't That part was definitely annoying in only grey.

Gonna be interesting when we see the end result in Aug. I did'nt see the clutch gear was missing till just now, LOL. You have a better eye than me, LOL. The more I look at this set, the more I can't wait till Aug. for it, and I,m deffinately gonna have to buy two, and a bunch of yellow rims also.

Dan

I,d go along with that also, one has to wonder if they rush these things out for the verious shows around the world and sometimes things don't get assembled correctly. Like I said before we saw that in the F car, now look what we have since its out.

Dan

Speaking of colors, be nice if they would make the 1 3x3 T piece in yellow, the lbg on the top of the boom holding the shaft for the worm gear sticks out like a sore thumb

I,m thinking the same thing only in black, the picture is a bit blurry from the glass. I dont see this new frame though, have to look more closely at it.

Dan

I think this is what he means...

vxx80000.jpg

Oh yeah I see what he,s talking about, might be a 3 x 5 frame. What do you think of the black things ahead of it on either side of the dif. ?

@42009

I wouldn't be surprised, if they would use the next strategy: show up 2-3 versions, which basicly have the same functionality, but different outfit. Once to keep the hype - August is pretty far yet, second to collect impressions in the different fairs, forums to get a better/improved design. I know, they have not too much time left considered the design and BI finalisation - pre-production - distribution lifetime chain, but still. I would do. :)

So read carefully this dear holy company employees: bring the one with the panels on the superstructure, with more realistic look, and the boom from the preliminary picture, AAAAND yellow rims! Please! :classic:

Thank You for listening!

Edited by agrof

I am certain the paneled version is the correct version (thank God!). That is the version that also has the stickers already, so it seems to be more recent. Why else would they apply stickers that are generally developed late in the design process.

Here is a 400% enlargement of that Lego Technic 42009 Mobile Crane MkII's underbelly (click on the image to see FULL SIZE):

8486825874_1e4b9cda2e_o.jpg

Edited by DLuders