... is there any reason why TLG has been upping the prices lately?

It's probably because the cost of labor, materials, shipping, marketing, etc. is going up (like for everything else).

Edited by DLuders

I still haven't understood what the second pneumatic cylinder is supposed to do on 42008. Somebody wrote that it would telescope the boom. But until now, I haven't even seen the second cylinder in the pictures, only its switch.

What do you think?

Wow those prices are really high, is there any reason why TLG has been upping the prices lately?

tim

Well, the 8109 Flatbed truck was $100. Only came with a battery box, 1 m motor, and some black panels. 42008 Service truck comes with battery box, L motor, 1 large actuator, 2 small actuators, pump, 2 valves, 2 small pneumatic cylinders, and only cost $30 more. A heck of a deal if you ask me.

I still haven't understood what the second pneumatic cylinder is supposed to do on 42008. Somebody wrote that it would telescope the boom. But until now, I haven't even seen the second cylinder in the pictures, only its switch.

What do you think?

It does telescope the boom. The cylinder is connected to the red 3x5L beams, and the linkage causes the boom to be pushed upwards.

Looks like the monster truck is going to be 50 USD which seems very over priced

toyfairlego-227_1360506273.jpg

Also found clear pics of 42001

toyfairlego-233_1360506273.jpg

It's probably because the cost of labor, materials, shipping, marketing, etc. is going up (like for everything else).

I think they just do it because they can. They pretty much own the market so there is nothing stopping them. Unfortunately it pushes the sets out of my price range as I would rather spend $220 on something else.

tim

I think they just do it because they can. They pretty much own the market so there is nothing stopping them. Unfortunately it pushes the sets out of my price range as I would rather spend $220 on something else.

tim

Your girlfriend boyfriend? :tongue:

Did thet change the wedge belt wheels in the big wheels from dark bley to light bley?

Edited by merman

I think they just do it because they can. They pretty much own the market so there is nothing stopping them.

Well, Meccano and Fischertechnik can be considered competition... but I very rarely see the former, and never ever the latter, on Portuguese shops.

Will they change the color of the white 16L axles for the stabilizers on the production version?

Did thet change the wedge belt wheels in the big wheels from dark bley to light bley?

Good eye! I liked them better DBG for the contrast. Mine will probably be rolling on yellow 8264 wheels anyways like my 8421.

tim

I agree in part. When I started in Technic two+ yrs ago, most sets were averaging $.10/piece. 42009, 42008, and 42000 are the sets on my list. I believe they fall into this range +/-. However, the 42005 and 42007 are WAY over priced. I can't justify buying the 42007 at that cost, just for new tires. The 8051 for 2010 had 467 pcs for the same price as 42007 with 253 pcs! Not to mention it's a better set.

Well, there's my two cents. :laugh: None of it really matters I guess. People will still buy LEGO, even if some things are overpriced. It's LEGO after all.

I think we should take all of the design details and part colors with a grain of salt. It looks very unfinished.

220$ and 130$. How much will it be by the time it gets to EU? I hope they are not going the usual awesome complicates pricing method of: 220$ 130$ +eu = 220eu 130eu

I am guessing $300CDN for the crane, and $180CDN for the service truck. I might just have to wait and hope a amerifriend can get me them so I can keep my budget in line.

Unimog was priced at $200 - Selling price is Switzerland at CHF249

MK II is priced $220 = CHF275???

I agree in part. When I started in Technic two+ yrs ago, most sets were averaging $.10/piece. 42009, 42008, and 42000 are the sets on my list. I believe they fall into this range +/-. However, the 42005 and 42007 are WAY over priced. I can't justify buying the 42007 at that cost, just for new tires. The 8051 for 2010 had 467 pcs for the same price as 42007 with 253 pcs! Not to mention it's a better set.

Well, there's my two cents. :laugh: None of it really matters I guess. People will still buy LEGO, even if some things are overpriced. It's LEGO after all.

Totally agree here. 42007 = 15 cents per piece!!! 42005 might be even worse! You are smart with your wish list: 42009 = 8.4 cents per piece, better than the unimog which was 9.7 cents per part. 42008 is about 10 cents per part, 42000 = a mediocre 11.4 cents per part. 31313 = 58.2 cents per part, but for what you get it's fine. Over all, lego has done good this year. I don't judge a set by the model presented, but rather by the parts therein.

Totally agree here. 42007 = 15 cents per piece!!! 42005 might be even worse! You are smart with your wish list: 42009 = 8.4 cents per piece, better than the unimog which was 9.7 cents per part. 42008 is about 10 cents per part, 42000 = a mediocre 11.4 cents per part. 31313 = 58.2 cents per part, but for what you get it's fine. Over all, lego has done good this year. I don't judge a set by the model presented, but rather by the parts therein.

I'll build the 42009, but it will probably end up as parts. Same with 42008. I'll get two of these for the green :wink:. I'm a car guy, so the 42000 will be built and displayed.

I think the sets presented at the NY toy fair are earlier versions of the ones we saw at Nuremberg... there's missing panels, the white axles and LBG pulley wheels, and no stickers on 42009; and the stickers on 42008 look like an earlier version.

Not looking forward to finding out how much 42009 is going to set me back, but I guess $220 will probably equal to about £165-170.

Does anyone know how long it takes for images of the B models to appear?

Iv just been thinking the same, maybe 42009 might be something better than a crane :)

Iv just been thinking the same, maybe 42009 might be something better than a crane :)

A truck with two sets of double rear wheels (like 8285) would be possible, hopefully also making good use of all the linear actuators.

I hope it isn't just an alternate top like 8421. (which is IMO another downside of 8421 that 42009 could improve on)

I agree with you on the B-model for 8421. Sure it's a big set but there should still have been a proper B-model and not just a new superstructure. I sure hope 42009 changes this. The truck with crane posted a few pages ago would fit nicely. Well any generic truck closer to 8285 and 8258 rather then a crane truck like 8421 and the A-model.

Now it will probably be some sort of crane but if not then a garbage truck would be nice and could use many of the LA:s. But i don't see enough panels to build that.