The 42008 box image has a yellow vertical bit next to the orange panel, which looks like a pneumatic cylinder (1 of 2) to raise the main recovery crane arm. This technique has been use before in tow truck 8285.

Looks like 42009 will use an L-motor for power.

If you need lots of pneumatic pieces, go to the LEGO Shop at Home website, to the Customer Services section, to Bricks and Pieces and dial up Unimog 8110.

You should be able to order each pneumatic piece (large and small cylinders, switch and hose connector) but I think the compressor is not yet available.

I just received some small cylinders that I ordered. You will need a credit card as it's the commercial side that handle the orders - they might merge it with PaB ordering in a year's time.

the price of the small cylinders is not much more than it was in the late 1990s, so well worth it IMHO.

I would still like TLG to make a small cylinder of the same dimensions as the new grey compressor as it would make it easier to do crank systems with it, but to get them is great for now!

Mark

Hope the crane turret rotation had a mechanism (manual). not like the 8421, that was a shame :/

That's true and was a let down on 8421' we should know more in a few days hopefully :)

Do the outriggers come out and go down in a single movement

If they don't, we might have a 6 function gearbox :sweet:

The thing we have been keeping from you is this - they're pneumatic!! :laugh:

J/k!

If this is true this set is going to rule this year completely. This is what I like. A set with LAs and pneumatics where LAs are used for accuracy and pneumatic cylinders where strength is needed. This set is gonna rock !

The outriggers seem to be a big thing to people in this set don't get it :)

The outriggers are never fully automated. The come out by engaging a motor, but you have to lower the end manually....which of course....sucks.

Fully automated outriggers would indeed make this set rule this year....and possibly every year, if you are into yellow construction vehicles.

Edited by Gekke Ted

If this is true this set is going to rule this year completely. This is what I like. A set with LAs and pneumatics where LAs are used for accuracy and pneumatic cylinders where strength is needed. This set is gonna rock !

He was trying to be funny, this set has la,s.

The outriggers are never fully automated. The come out by engaging a motor, but you have to lower the end manually....which of course....sucks.

Fully automated outriggers would indeed make this set rule this year....and possibly every year, if you are into yellow construction vehicles.

True.

there is no way the turning of the upper structure is motorized. It either means the motor in on the upper structure with an axle going through the turn table (actually one of two functions going through the turn table, the other one being the outriggers). And it is impossible to switch the motor on or off and change functions when the upper structure that has the battery box is rotating!

Option two is the motor being in the lower structure but that way many functions have to be driven through the turn table and that way the upper structure needs a complex gearbox.

I also believe the crane is too heavy to be rotated by a motor.

there is no way the turning of the upper structure is motorized. It either means the motor in on the upper structure with an axle going through the turn table (actually one of two functions going through the turn table, the other one being the outriggers). And it is impossible to switch the motor on or off and change functions when the upper structure that has the battery box is rotating!

Option two is the motor being in the lower structure but that way many functions have to be driven through the turn table and that way the upper structure needs a complex gearbox.

I also believe the crane is too heavy to be rotated by a motor.

I'm excited to see how they have done this. I'm guessing the motor is in the upper section for the reasons you mentioned and the battery box being the counterweight there also.

Edited by Technic Gearhead

Tomorrow starts the toy fair :) who normally brings us news or info pics etc?

The fair is on from the 30th for 6 day s I wonder will we have to wait long for pictures?

I'm very excited this week every year :)

If you guys actually had bothered to see what info paul_delahaye fed us with on the previous page you might have understood that it is very possible that the LAs on the outriggers are motorized, and that is exactly why they are very interesting.

Tomorrow starts the toy fair :) who normally brings us news or info pics etc?

The fair is on from the 30th for 6 day s I wonder will we have to wait long for pictures?

I'm very excited this week every year :)

PopCorn.png

Come on toy fair people :) don't leave us waiting 6 days for pics!

Wouldn't I love to be in Nuremberg today for the start if the toy fair,

There's people looking at 2h technic models now and we know nothing :(

Hehe you literally beat me to it by a minute or so. Was wondering why there aren't any pictures yet :cry2:

Hehe you literally beat me to it by a minute or so. Was wondering why there aren't any pictures yet :cry2:

I'm with ya Ted , seems we're the only two overly excited :) but as far as I remember the last 2 years we didn't get photos until 4-5 days into the fair :(

I'm with ya Ted , seems we're the only two overly excited :) but as far as I remember the last 2 years we didn't get photos until 4-5 days into the fair :(

Add me to that list! I really want to know more about these new sets. I am sort of happy they out in august lol. I can xpend a few quid on Lotr theme :blush:

I'd love to go to the toy fair. Nuremberg isn't even that far away. But, I have to be at work, so no chance on that. And I won't go there on the weekend.

You do realise its just for trading customers? You need to have invitation or at least register as business visitior (business card is enoug).

Regarding pics: dont get you hopes too high. TLG seems to have sealed a lot of leaks this year and also increased security on fairs/exhibitions (covered exhibition space on london fair etc...)

You do realise its just for trading customers? You need to have invitation or at least register as business visitior (business card is enoug).

Regarding pics: dont get you hopes too high. TLG seems to have sealed a lot of leaks this year and also increased security on fairs/exhibitions (covered exhibition space on london fair etc...)

We hear that every year and still get pictures!

Edited by davidmull

first phot released i think 318301_482750215095750_1716134770_n.jpg

EDIT in the right top corner we can see the dump truck

Edited by ciken