The interior is OK but I won't have any qualms about ripping it out to fit my 26-seater auditorium mod instead.

I'm really looking forward to your final version of the auditorium and iPhone screen.

wasn't able to resist, ordered it as S@H, free shipping plus a police helicopter poly. not a bad deal!

Just returned from the Lego Store in Kansas City to bag mine. The staff said that this kit was flying off the shelves...

After a day spent titivating the set, the only major external improvement I'm contemplating is to declutter the area where the top-floor meets the 1st floor on the 45 degree corner section - between the 8-windows and the Sensei Wu hat. At the moment it's a mess of wedge plates which bisect the snotted pillars spoiling the flow. Ideally I'd like to run the snot pillars all the way up - without any visible breaks. Just need to find a way to make a cleaner break between the two floors.

Well here is a nice picture of all the Modulars together without MS which I find still doesn't work well in this series.....

{pic}

Picture links to HR image!

and who says these buildings doesn't look right next to one another?

Enjoy! :wink::classic: :classic:

Woah, that looks fantastic GRogall! :sweet:

Hope you can find a Market Street copy soon.

Edited by just2good

Just finished building and quickly took some photos of all the buildings together (including Market Street). Sorry for the crummy picture quality, I still have yet to master the art of not-taken-with-a-cell-phone pictures. Annoyingly, the panoramic shot that I got of all the buildings isn't uploading to flickr, so I have no idea how to make that work.

8476831425_5260e7cc34_c.jpg

All the buildings taken from Market Street's point of view. The buildings were assembled in order and split next to the Grand Emporium to better feature the new Cinema.

8476831179_6e72e9bd0e_c.jpg

A much worse quality picture looking from the Grand Emporium down.

8477920818_0553f12e08_c.jpg

The backs of all these big buildings. I just noticed that the back of the Fire Brigade looks remarkably similar to the front...

8476832023_d5fabbc08a_c.jpg

A quick shot of how the Cinema looks up next to the Town Hall. It holds its own surprisingly well, considering such different architectural styles.

8476829303_baf8ec4278_c.jpg

A shot of the side of the block that is created when all the buildings are put together in released order (Market Street through Palace Cinema). At the moment, the blocks is a strange "C" shape, but hopefully it'll come full circle in 4 more years.

8477921708_d41dd8543f_c.jpg

Looking back on where it all started. The Cinema looks very nice near Cafe Corner, but the level of detail on the newer sets makes even the CC look a bit bland in comparison.

8476830535_ae407f4c11_c.jpg

A final parting shot of just the Cinema. I have to say, the stickers do add a lot to the set, even if they are annoying to place.

That's all for now, I may try and get down to the LEGO room with a nicer camera in a few days' time.

I've uploaded the panorama to imgur for now, so no deeplinking, but if you want to check it out, you can. Be warned though - it's a really terrible picture...

http://i.imgur.com/066AbnH.jpg?1

Edited by Jay Sathe

Got mine too. So who else builds the most boring floors of Modulars first? I always enjoy building the ground and top floors most. So with the numbered bags I will probably build the auditorium floor first, then the roof and then the ground floor...

wasn't able to resist, ordered it as S@H, free shipping plus a police helicopter poly. not a bad deal!

ditto :)

Jay Sathe, Im more impressed and jealous of that huge table that you have to display those modular buildings. From your pictures I think the cinema palace would look better next to a different building. It just doesnt seem to look good next to the town hall.

Just built my Palace Cinema. Great set! A few flaws:

- the sign that says Palace hangs and is not straight

- the diagonal window on the auditorium floor is attached with one single stud. A stud at the top

would have been possible. Now it is realy flimsy

- i had two types of tan jumper plates. Really annoying because they are very visible

- my light bley 1x1 plate with clips at the entrance doors are almost dark bley. The color difference is shocking. Same goes for the 1x4 dark tan plates

- one step of the black ground floor stairs is not locked. Could have been easily fixed since all other steps were fixed

- hopefully one day lego will create pearl gold pieces that don't have ugly marks all over them

- one piece was missing: a black dish

Don't get me wrong: these are all minor flaws. It is still a great set with nice building techniques! It ks also great the old molds for the glass windows are back. No ugly marks like in Town Hall

Edited by merman

Just built my Palace Cinema. Great set! A few flaws:

- the sign that says Palace hangs and is not straight

------snip-----

If the sign (Palace) hangs or is crooket then you did something wrong! mine is firmly in place and absolutely straight!

*Edit Just noticed this has earned me a new title! :tongue:

Edited by GRogall

Just finished building and quickly took some photos of all the buildings together (including Market Street).

Lucky (or smart, depending on how you see it)... you got all of the modulars. I missed out on Cafe Corner and Market Street...got the other ones up to Town Hall (except Pet Shop, but at least that's still in production). Nice to see how things look with all of the modulars placed together.

Edited by Rick
Please don't quote large pieces of text unnecessarily

I'm not sure I like this set very much, which is handy from the point of view of my bank balance. I don't know why, because I love the three I have got - Fire, Pets and Emporium.

Perphaps it will grow on me, but if I do buy another this certainly isn't coming before the Town Hall.

Another review that shows at the end how it looks with the pet shop and town hall.

I ordered two yesterday from S@H, going to take at least 13 days for delivery :angry: .

I have a spare spot at the front of my modular layout, which is a single baseplate standalone corner. Its as if I knew this set was coming when I put my layout together.

As with most of my modulars, I'm going to combine the two sets into one bigger one. So my plan is to have the building itself take up the full baseplate, with the starred footpath on the road plates instead. This also overcomes the extra large footpaths that surround all the modulars when using roadplates as well. I will post photos once I'm done, but that'll be a month of so away.

This was delivered at my door yesterday. Which was a bit of a surprise as i only ordered it on saturday.

Finished the ground floor and going to do the rest when i get home from work today.

This was delivered at my door yesterday. Which was a bit of a surprise as i only ordered it on saturday.

Same for me, I was surprised; previous orders weren't that fast.

After building the car and the ground floor, I am sure that I'll replace the car. I'll try to mod it; if I can't achieve something acceptable I'll just redo a 4-wide car.

Edited by antp

I´m building it now. Just finished the ground floor and now on to the middle one. Am I that stupid or is there something fishy in the steps shown here :wacko: ?

gallery_148_29_4164.jpggallery_148_29_111231.jpg

Ok, so first one 2x12 and one 1x6 dbg plate. Then one 4x6 tan plate. And in step 3 another 4x6 tan plate - that´s it :tongue: ?!

Here is a time lapse build of it

Very nice time lapse. It looks like it took around 6 hours of build time over 2 days. That seems to be about what it takes me build a modular as well.

Thanks for posting the video, very interesting to watch the build process.

Andy D

I´m building it now. Just finished the ground floor and now on to the middle one. Am I that stupid or is there something fishy in the steps shown here :wacko: ?

Ok, so first one 2x12 and one 1x6 dbg plate. Then one 4x6 tan plate. And in step 3 another 4x6 tan plate - that´s it :tongue: ?!

It looks like step 3a (printed in invisible ink) adds the 16x16 to the previous 4 pieces. Sometimes the instructions do leave something to the imagination.

Andy D

Edited by Ricecracker
Please don't quote images