Make a guess. As shown in GRogall's latest image, the webage showing this Palace Cinema is on sale with 10937, 70003 and 10233. Except 10232, those three sets are being sold in the official website. Not far to go then, by early Feb the latest.

Edited by kenkin34

Personally, I wouldn't care a bit if the movie posters are stickers. With that said, there's no reason to automatically assume they are-- it just seems a bit wasteful to print so many unique parts that will probably only be used in this one set. I see at least three unique movie posters here. Of course, I guess if it's the same three posters on the right side of the entrance then it won't be a total waste.

Frankly, though, I think it's silly to act as though printed movie posters will be any better than stickered ones. Rectangular stickers that go on smooth rectangular surfaces are perhaps some of the easiest to apply IMO, and it's not like printing the parts makes them more versatile than if they're stickered, if there are indeed the same number of unique decorated parts either way. The main reason the lack of stickers on previous modulars was great is that for the most part, instead of using stickers they'd cleverly re-use existing printed parts in new ways, or alternatively use advanced techniques like brick lettering. Since neither of these things seems to be the case here, I don't see how it makes any difference where the patterns on the movie posters and marquee come from.

The marquee is what I really end up wondering about. If that's printed, then what piece exactly is it printed on? And if it's stickered, is it a dreaded STAMP? On second glance, though, I see a conspicuous gap in the center of the presumably 8-stud-wide marquee's pattern. This suggests that it will be made of two 2x4 tiles-- and if the Horizon Express is any indication, there's no reason to think they won't be printed. Chances are stickerphobes will have nothing to worry about with this set.

Edited by Aanchir

I'd be more than curious to see the URL... Can you share it Grogall??? Thanks again for sharing!

Here is the URL but it will only work march 1st.

So I had to ask at my local Lego store on the East Coast. At first, (after spending a few minutes on the computer) the member said that there was a new modular coming out (duh), but it has not been confirmed. When I mentioned that it is all but confirmed as a theater, he shook his head and said "yea, but not until summer or fall." I hope he was just guessing about the release date, and I hope he is wrong.

Here is the URL but it will only work march 1st.

Thanks Grogall! March 1st, great!!!

As "almost" usual for modulars release date. I think I'll be able to wait until then, thanks horizon express...

EDIT: But for the URL, I am kind of disappointed, just add Name-Surname-Set# at the end isn't surprising as it is the case for all shop items... if you Photoshoped the image in the shop @ home context, I am a bit disappointed again, no trick elsewhere,.. and you did not mention the psd edition...

What I now hope is that the march 1st date isn't a guess and that you really have this info... :blush:

Edited by SwissBrick

The limousine is a little on the strange side for the set; but not too far off that I would discard it into the next parts bin. remember that stretched limos is something from a new era and not the 20s or 30s.

We do not complain that it is non-stretched, we complain that it is non-good-looking :laugh:

Personally, I wouldn't care a bit if the movie posters are stickers.

Ditto. For the posters on windows it would not be a problem for me.

What is awful is stickers across multiple tiles.

I'm actually pretty disappointed in this set.

While it is a beautiful set, I'd rather have something that fits in with the "town" that is already in place. Something more simple that you'd see at any average downtown. The Empire theater/Galaxy diner is more along the lines I was hoping they would go. This just stands out too much, in my opinion. It looks good on it's own, but as part of what has been released already, I don't think it fits.

The movie posters look a little too colorful to be printed bricks. At least on the pics Grogal has shown us. I suspect that they at least will be stickers. Which is fine. It worked well in the 2008 Town Plan, and lets be honest, that is pretty much what movie posters are. Heck a little peeling, cracking or lopsidedness is all in character. I suspect that the marque signage will be a sticker as well, just because it looks similar in style to the Town Plan. But you never know there.

What a great new modular! I'm very excited that TLG expand the variation of arcitectural looks with this asian inspired building. I think it's good that the buildings doesn't repeat themselves but stand out individually. Let's see some interior!!!

And with that limo we just need JFK and a grassy knoll to add a little drama :wink: Look exactly like his last ride.

Edited by MadManMingo

While the set looks good, it looks a bit "smail" for a theatre, and if I get it, which I think I might have to since my wife likes the "early look" of it, I will probably convert it to a chinese restaurant

Looks quite nice, especially like the tan! I like the style and roofing as well. Any ideas as to the price?

I couldn't help but notice that you have not been informed that they are saving Ninjago...

Here:

https://community.lego.com/t5/NINJAGO/Important-Ninjago-Announcement/td-p/4461464

Hope it brings an ease to your Lego-theme induced suffering. ;)

I am interested in this... I think I will probably end up building my own before I convince myself to attempt to get it though...

I am a victim of SCD (Severe Customization Disorder) ;) Never satisfied with what Lego designs... I always prefer to create

my own projects.

I love this build. Thanks for photoshopping it in with the rest of the line-up. I don't love it next to the Town Hall, but I don't love how tall the Town Hall is anyway. But I do think it fits in quite well with the rest of the line-up. I was going to buy it either way, but I will definitely buy it after seeing the glimpse of the exterior. It is beautiful and might be my favorite of the series so far. That's a bold statement to make with so many great additions.

I think it looks great as a corner building, but it may be a tad small on the interior because of it. I will wait and see how they used the space.

The chances are that the movie posters will be stickers, because this would allow the owner to pick from many different designs on the sheet (much in the same way that the Horizon Express has different 'numbers' depending on your carriages).

The movie posters look a little too colorful to be printed bricks. At least on the pics Grogal has shown us. I suspect that they at least will be stickers. Which is fine. It worked well in the 2008 Town Plan, and lets be honest, that is pretty much what movie posters are. Heck a little peeling, cracking or lopsidedness is all in character. I suspect that the marque signage will be a sticker as well, just because it looks similar in style to the Town Plan. But you never know there.

Keep in mind that this image is CGI. Thus, the brightness of the colors is not really an indication of whether these are stickers or printing (unless you're referring to the NUMBER of colors per poster, though both stickers and printing typically aim to be somewhat conservative in the number of colors they use).

Keep in mind that this image is CGI. Thus, the brightness of the colors is not really an indication of whether these are stickers or printing (unless you're referring to the NUMBER of colors per poster, though both stickers and printing typically aim to be somewhat conservative in the number of colors they use).

I was looking more at the number of colors used. Typically the Lego Pad printing doesn't seem to use more than 3 colors plus the base color on printed pieces that often. (although there are exceptions.) they seem a little free'er with the color palette for stickers.

Plus factor in that those movie posters would need to be printed on trans clear windows, like the Ninjago Fire Temple printed pieces, with the White printed as well, and I just don't think they will take it that far. ( assuming the poster frames are windows, the glass inserts would need to be trans clear acrylic. I don't think Lego has ever produced that part in opaque plastic, which would be ABS and require a lot of validation to use in the same molds.)

Edited by Faefrost

No! there are some photoshop effects added to the picture but the model is surly a photograph! The only thing thats CGI is the photographer with the camera and the background scene.

Thank you for posting the first picture of the new modular building, GRogall :thumbup:

I like the building a lot. The tower with its Chinese style roof and the sign look especially great. I'm really looking forward to the interior.

I also noticed the color on the movie posters. What if the posters are printed on small cards made of paper (much like business cards).

You can then choose from these cards the ones you want and put them behind the windows.

Edited by TheMagician

I couldn't help but notice that you have not been informed that they are saving Ninjago...

Here:

https://community.le...nt/td-p/4461464

Hope it brings an ease to your Lego-theme induced suffering. ;)

:laugh: Thanks for your concern, guess I should edit that completely out of my signature now... (I did put "It means revive in peace" though didn't I?)

I don't think Lego has ever produced that part in opaque plastic,

According to briclink, the recent train station 7937 has two white "Glass for Window 1 x 4 x 6"

I was looking more at the number of colors used. Typically the Lego Pad printing doesn't seem to use more than 3 colors plus the base color on printed pieces that often. (although there are exceptions.) they seem a little free'er with the color palette for stickers.

Plus factor in that those movie posters would need to be printed on trans clear windows, like the Ninjago Fire Temple printed pieces, with the White printed as well, and I just don't think they will take it that far. ( assuming the poster frames are windows, the glass inserts would need to be trans clear acrylic. I don't think Lego has ever produced that part in opaque plastic, which would be ABS and require a lot of validation to use in the same molds.)

Transparent LEGO parts are polycarbonate, not acrylic. With that said, you do make a good point about some of the issues that might come up printing parts with this level of detail. But as far as I know, molding ABS parts that currently only exist in PC probably causes a lot fewer complications than molding PC parts that currently only exist in ABS.

No! there are some photoshop effects added to the picture but the model is surly a photograph! The only thing thats CGI is the photographer with the camera and the background scene.

Huh, on closer inspection you seem to be correct. My mistake. :blush: Now that I realize the pic is a photo, stickers for the movie posters do seem a lot more likely than printing. Not totally sure about the marquee, though.

With the Horizon Express, featuring stickers, also appearing under the Creator Expert label, it's not unthinkable they changed their stance on stickers for the Modular Buildings as well.

Well almost all the exclusive trains have had stickers, 10020 Santa Fe, 10133 BNSF, 10194 Emerald Night, etc. etc, so for trains its nothing new,

but would be something different for the Modular Buildings. Guess we will have to wait for the official release to find out.

To be honest, I think that compared to the other modulars, this one is downright terrible. It just doesn't fit in with the whole street layout idea. Plus, all the what appear to be stickers ruins the whole "Creator" idea, or at least that's how I feel. The minifigures aren't unique or special, either. I think they really lowered the ball this year, and I hope that they can produce a better-looking model next time. I'm strongly debating on whether I should purchase this one or not. Well, I still have the Pet Shop and Town hall to build...