Looks like there isn't an easy way get drive through those hub cases as the dark bluish grey hub will be right where the UJ/CV would need to be, which means that the steering axis won't work.

Looks like there isn't an easy way get drive through those hub cases as the dark bluish grey hub will be right where the UJ/CV would need to be, which means that the steering axis won't work.

I think that you can fit the cv joint directly to the hub, the same way as is done in 8070, which (again like the 8070) puts the CV joint right in the centre of both axes. If so, it shows some rather forward thinking was involved when they were designing the portal axles for the Unimog a couple of years ago.

CV-joint light grey part?

And if the rear hub works, that means the front will work in the same way (and obviously it works, you can tell it by the fake engine)

Edit: PWNED!

Edited by Lipko

Edit: PWNED!

Heh, sorry about that.

Looking at the parts list confirms this; there's 4 of the light CV part and only 2 of the dark one, so this must be used to drive the rear wheels.

these parts will be perfect for new solid-axle truck designs... :devil: will definitely get this one when it's available in U.S :wink:

Just built this yesterday, it's a great set. Looks better in person even with or without the stickers (which comes on two sticker sheets there's so many) than any pictures. The new cv hubs work great, both work with the light bley cv joint part with very little friction even when driven at an angle (tho the maximum angle is still a bit limited) and can handle quite alot of torque. The rear one in particular with it's simple two hole setup offers alot of flexibility for incorporating it into your own steering setups with all kinds of geometries the likes of which nicjasno would greatly approve. Lots of white parts obviously tho perhaps a bit too much red. Not sure why TLG insist on making their chassis red (like the crawler) and so would have liked more white and black, some white or black 5x7 and 5x11 frames would have been really nice. But all in all a very good set. New peices are great and lots of white, I recommend it.

Edited by allanp

Anyone got the Silver Champion or Ferrari 1:8 as well as this to compare with?

It does look great, but even with the ridiculous number of panels, it still seems to be more empty than the Ferrari, but maybe it looks better in person. A real shame they couldn't have used the wider tires at the back, that would have been awesome, especially if they made the wide rims in black!

Unfortunately I won't be able to get it until the end of this year because I am going back to Uni and will no longer have disposable income :-(

I have the silver champion. This new one is a little smaller in size but in my opinion, due to the cool new parts, it's better.

I have the silver champion. This new one is a little smaller in size but in my opinion, due to the cool new parts, it's better.

Do you plan of doing a pneumatic mod instead of the cool La's? :blush:

Is it just me or does the rear hubs look like one half of the mini turntable?

99009.jpg?1

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Why do I read eurobricks, this is costing me money. I normally like to pass on models except the Flagship, but I need to get this.

In my opinion, it would have been better if they could have used a License like they did with the Unimog. It's called the Grand Prix car officially as Lego will be prohibited from using the name F1 or similar. Although it's not the best it could have been, I assume it's a great Model for the time of year it's being released, and actually looks decent.

99009.jpg?1

99009.jpg?1

That's a negative ghost rider, the turn table has a square hole this new piece is round, but it is similar as Zblj said.

Dan

I am going to try to pick one up when I am in England next week and bring it back with me.

I am going to try to pick one up when I am in England next week and bring it back with me.

You can reserve items at Argos if that's any help, just to ensure you are able to get one