Yooha

MOC Rollercoaster Tycoon Buildings

Of course, it rocks, nice start, but still a long way to go!

I can't promise I will make all rides. :classic:

I smiled :grin:

Can't wait to see your first rollercoaster!

That would be a long time to design and render, but I'll try..

Lemonade Stall

Beautiful..!

How i miss the game now.. haha.. the burger stall and chicken stall my fav.. :)

Edited by Ricecracker
Please don't quote images

Sounds like an idea for a community effort. Everyone build something from RCT. Then display them at Brickfest or your local equivalent, like Modular Town or Moonbase: everyone's creations are assembled to make a single large amusement park. 2 or more people built the same ride? No problem. Some amusement parks have more than one of some rides. Put one in each theme district.

I still remember how excited I was when I saw the first screenshots for Rollercoaster Tycoon in 1999. :cry_happy: I never did become a theme park designer, but I still love this game to pieces. That you married it to LEGO is fantastic; and these are quite recognizable, too! Great job! The swinging ship especially excites me - it's not something I would've thought could translate well into LEGO, but you really nailed it. It's both totally awesome and adorable.

Thank you so much for sharing!

The swinging ship especially excites me - it's not something I would've thought could translate well into LEGO, but you really nailed it. It's both totally awesome and adorable.

Thank you so much for sharing!

I' m glad that there are people out there who loved this game as much as I did. The idea came a few months ago, and since RCT is cute and LEGO is cute it seemed obvious to make these buildings and rides. Telling the truth there are many rides - especially roller-coasters with those tricky bend and curves - that are either impossible to take in LEGO shape or I haven't figure it out how to. But I'm pushing my limits :)

(I didn't mention but the pictures are clickable)

rct_-_information_kiosk_small.png

Information Kiosk

hehe now we are getting somewhere... what about the workers ;) I think I need to puke! "swinging ship 1 was too intense!"

It looks great! Brings back memories. Too bad RCT doesn't work on WinXP.

For the swinging ship, have you considered using two toggle joints* in the top of the construction so the cross axles can be placed along the same stud-line?

*LDD part 32126

Too bad RCT doesn't work on WinXP.

There was a patch for it, it seems.

If I remember well, I played with it under Windows 2000 or XP.

It looks great! Brings back memories. Too bad RCT doesn't work on WinXP.

For the swinging ship, have you considered using two toggle joints* in the top of the construction so the cross axles can be placed along the same stud-line?

*LDD part 32126

RCT works in WinXP, I just tried it yesterday. With two toggle joints the angle would have been too big, just a little bit smaller then 90°, which is still too big.

rct_-_log_flume_small.png

rct_-_log_flume_small_2.pngl

Log Flume

Edited by Yooha