10937…  

176 members have voted

1. 1. …how do you rate this set?

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Amazing!

Great review, I can see why you talked about lego sets these days being smaller, and I agree with you on that. I mean, look at that bag end set, its got about 670 pieces yet it looks like it has about 400. Anyways I like this set.

I've told myself that I wasn't going to get into Superhero LEGO, but the possibilities for this set... It could fit into so many other themes, and the parts - SO many awesome parts. I don't think I'll make up my mind just yet. There's so many other 2013 sets I've got to get first, but I can't entirely rule this one out any more. It really does look impressive. Thanks for another incredible review; you make my lunchtime reading awesome! :grin:

Edited by Crownie

I love this set, built it a few days ago. Was missing 3 random pieces though, plate 2x4 and 2x2tile with stud and another piece I can't remember.

Edited by Cobb

Thanks for the review!!

I like this set but I'm getting it after the Monster Mansion! :)

There are some great features like the Vanm gates and the doors, but I think it can wait a little! :)

Beautiful set and a well executed review. The truck, as others have said, is amazing and it's a shame that such a wonderful vehicle is more of a set piece. Same goes for the gate, the angel statues on the side really lift it up (And I love the inclusion of the Chima wings).

As for Arkham itself, again, I agree with, while it's a stunning building oozing with detail, it's lacking in genuine play features. The rooms inside are great (Love the examination room) but aside from movable parts (Harley's vanity, the cell doors), there's not much to do. Still, if you're buying the set for display, you won't be disappointed, but it seems the lack of play features are a side effect of these big, detailed sets (Same argument goes with the haunted house and the modulars). Still, being a superhero set, it would have been nice to have some sort of feature, but it's best not to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Nitpicking aside, this is an amazing set and I can't wait to have it in my possession.

I love this set, built it a few days ago. Was missing 3 random pieces though, plate 2x4 and 2x2tile with stud and another piece I can't remember.

How rare is this actually? I haven't had it happen but then i only recently got into collecting sets...

I don't know happened to me twice this year...I don't bother with it. I have enough in the parts bin.

Thanks for the great review! It makes me want this set even more.

I thought there were 1x2 bricks with grooves in dark bluish grey when I saw the first pictures of this set. However, I don't see any in your review pictures. Is is just the 2x2 with grooves and the 1x2x5 with grooves?

Finally picked up this set and built it. Wasn't really surprised by the box being the same size as the modular buildings, but it did create a false sense about the size of the finished model. The build was quite enjoyable. I dumped all the parts into a big pile to make things take longer. The van is just as great as I hoped it would be. The amount of snot parts to hold the 6x6 tiles on the sides seemed like overkill, but that is in no way a negative. The gate is even more detailed and impressive looking in person. The construction of the two figures on the gate was quite clever. The asylum looks amazing when completed. It's bigger than I thought it would be after having read the review, but it's still just a tad on the small size. I think that if I didn't have lots of other huge Lego sets to compare the asylum to it might seem more impressive, but even when placed beside one of the modular buildings it feels a bit small considering it's the same price. It's easier to appreciate all of the neat details both in the architecture and interior details when viewing the set in person, but the lack of real "play-functions" is more apparent.

Overall, I'm really happy with the purchase. Though I complained about the size of the model, it is still an impressive sight. There are also admittedly a decent amount of little things to fiddle around with that will keep me coming back for more. I consider this a must own set - regardless of what themes one normally collects.

I thought there were 1x2 bricks with grooves in dark bluish grey when I saw the first pictures of this set. However, I don't see any in your review pictures. Is is just the 2x2 with grooves and the 1x2x5 with grooves?

You're right, there are no 1x2s.

The AA minifigs have shown up on Bricklink,only a small amount of each though and no Scarecrow yet,they're asking around $20 a fig so I'll wait until more pop up,just getting Joker,Scarecrow,Penguin.

I bought the set the day it came out at the LEGO Store - the 27th. I found the truck to be heavier than I expected. :3 That was a huge plus. I love the set and glad they made a revision to it. :P

Someone please refresh my memory,will this set be available everywhere at retail? Thanks!

No from Lego stores and Lego itself.

Arkham Asylum sure is a really great-looking set. This set really proves that sometimes it's the little details that really count. The facade of the building looks so detailed and the interior looks perfect except for maybe a slight problem with not being enough space. And that van looks amazing. Excellent review, Cloney. :wink:

Great Review, and a stunning set.

Mine has just arrived, only built the Van so far but its a wonderful little vehicle.

Also of note is that the new Batman cowl now fits correctly. The ones that came with the jetski polybags came down too far showing the bottom line of the white on batmans faceprint. The one in this set sits perfectly on Batman's head, also tried it on one of my jetski Batmans and it fits fine on there too, so its definatly the cowl thats been fixed, and not the faceprint.

This set is awesome. I love the building and the truck. Great minifigs. Tons of details. I really want it but I still haven't got the Haunted House Yet

I'm very very on the fence with this set. I was staring at the built up one in the Lego tore the other day. It's gorgeous, with such great figs and so many details. While at the same time the main build seems so much smaller than expected and so flat? At that price I was hoping for something more like the Haunted House with Batman!

Great Review! Personally, I think all the new figs are great, but the joker prisoner torso having a number is a little disappointing. I like the new Penguin and Harley very much too, and hey are in my opinion the best lego has made of those figs.

Great Review! Personally, I think all the new figs are great, but the joker prisoner torso having a number is a little disappointing. I like the new Penguin and Harley very much too, and hey are in my opinion the best lego has made of those figs.

Well, the numbering on the prison is accurate to real life(I haven't been to prison, I swear). What sucks is the white on the torso hasn't had enough goes through the paint to show up all white. Sucks.

Thanks for the great review! This is a must buy set for me. If I'm not mistaken, it seems like having more than 1 set of this along with some moc would let you make a full sized building! Awesome!