Punisher16

REVIEW: 75014 Battle of Hoth

- Snowspeeder has wrong marking to be Luke's

- would have been nice to include Han or Leia as there is no way I'll buy the terrible Hoth base set

I don't think the Hoth Base is too bad. I received it as a gift and I enjoy it. Although the bizarre crane has me scratching my head.

I'm definitely a sucker for Hoth stuff though so I might end up buying this set, even though its very bare bones.

Also Luke's Snowspeeder wasn't orange.

You are so right about it being grey, my bad.

- why displaying Luke twice on the official pic? this is more than misleading and very unprofessional

They display him twice to show you both sides of his head

All this talk about the summer sets and I've still yet to see this one in it's retail habitat. Short of s@h, this set has been rather elusive for some reason. It's a shame, really because I want to buy two of them.

I always say enough of these Hoth sets for me, but then everytime I see a Snowspeeder give up and get it. It's one of the best ship designs in star wars, dammit!

I recently received my second of this set - time to build one up. :classic:

Actually i have grown to like it very much. At first i also thought - ok, a Hoth base again...

But while it does not have the perfection of 8038 Battle of Endor, it gets close to 7666 Hoth Rebel base, offering a lot of content for a set in this price range: Nice minifigs, a big vehicle and kind of base/environment. Many options to (re)create interesting scenes or to spice up a diorama. The set not necessarily fills up any existing gap but it is great for OT fans who do not yet have any of the Hoth bases of the past. And i guess that it works great as a toy for the kids.

Recently bought this set to match my AT-AT. I also bought a rebel and snowtrooper battle pack to complement with. Only downside is the updated minifig prints and grey hands of the snowies (I replaced them with white hands from bricklink). A Han Solo in parka would have been nice too. Snow speeder is good, price too. Overall a very nice set.

If only the Rebellion had remained hidden until the TLG contract went into effect-- surely they would've won with all of the ample snow speeders laying about :)

Seriously though, I enjoyed the build. Certainly putting all of these Echo Base sets together gives you a substantial play area and a full cast for it. And who doesn't love another Tauntaun?

I quite like this one, got it last week.

Snowspeeder: 10/10

Probe droid: 9/10

Snow bike: 9/10

Satellite dish: 8/10

Big gun: 7/10

Trench thingy: 4/10

Minifigs: 8/10

Luke is great, Rieekan is awesome, love the snowtroopers and tauntaun but I would have liked a gunner for the snowspeeder.

I'm actually not impressed with any of the existing minifigure scale snowspeeders Lego has put out. Just looks less like the ship than say the X-Wing or A-Wing (B-Wing also is kind of meh).

I like everything else though. I want that Probe Droid.

Picked this set up at Legoland Windsor yesterday, for £39.99. Had to get it because i havnt seen it in any retail outlet in my area. The snowspeeder looks impressive, but at first i thought that the pilot Luke was identical to the Luke from 9493 x wing . I was hoping for a Hoth Han, or maybe a gunner

Ha, yeh. Ive got the Hoth Rebel battlepack, so i'll stick the pilot from that in there ! Just need a Han and Leia in hoth gear now....ebay hear i come !

Great review punisher

I see a lot of hating/dislike for the trench from people, I have this set myself and I love the trench it's the best part of the set. And to those who think its too small or whatever - It's a trench ya know the things that are dug into the ground and few parts are meant to be ground level or above ground level.

I like this set and will be picking it up. I wish it would of come with Dac or Wedge but oh well.

Just buy the Planet Series 4 mini Snowspeeder to get a gunner :)

We won't get it here in the US. Lego really screwed me on that deal.

I finally gave in and purchased this today and, to be honest, I'm fairly underwhelmed.

I managed to get it at 25% off, but even then it feels overpriced! The only highlights are General Rieekan and the Probe Droid, which is very well designed. The Snowspeeder is a re-hash of the older version, the 'trenches' are too small and the Speeder Bike is totally pointless.

I was amazed to see that it's been discontinued so quickly (it's only been available for 10 months in the UK according to Brickset); perhaps it's due to poor sales? And, I really don't understand why the Snowtroopers have grey hands.... :sick:

I got it yesterday as well, but I paid top euro for it :hmpf_bad: Lego store in Paris sold it out few days before according to an employee there, so I rushed to Toysrus who had another two boxes of it, so I took one for 52€99. It was on my "Hoth" must-have list as a complement of 7749 and 8089. But it was also a totally unplanned purchase, I hate those, I like spreading my Lego budget evenly, I just couldn't fathom TLG would retire the set after only a several months run (it was released in March, I don't believe TLG ever pulled a plug on a set so rapidly).

I liked the last iteration of the snowspeeder, so I am ok with a rehash, a second tauntaun can come in handy for some dioramas, and I like the Rieekan minifugure with the command post. So i guess, I probably won't regret it when I get around building it. But I dislike the way I was 'pushed' to go for it so abruptly and without notice. I don't understand why can't they make a communique : We are retiring that set in xy months, be friggin' advised...

Got 2 recently for £52 total spend at TRU UK. Will really bulk up my Hoth shelf which comprises of approx 15 x Imperial battle packs (only a few speeder bikes on display), 12 x rebel Hoth battle packs, a motorised AT-AT, an AT-ST from the Endor bunker set, a Hoth Wampa set and a few other Hoth bits I can't remember.

I went 2 the LEGO store today and they were getting the Battle of hoth sets in boxes to be put in the back of the store and they were replacing them with the new sets, so if you want it, you better hurry up!!