Incredibles 2 has me optimistic at best. I really loved the first one, and I only hope that they manage to make a film that is as equally enjoyable as the first.

Cars 3 though... the first one I just really didn't like. I thought McQueen was an unlikeable jerk, and that's were the film killed it for me. Even after his apparent reform, I still couldn't shake off his previous acts. He was an unlikeable character, and I couldn't buy him learning his lesson after everything he did. There were parts of the film I did enjoy though, like a scene early on where McQueen's agent says he's got tickets for his big race, and when he asks McQueen who he wants to give them to, McQueen draws blank. That's an interesting moment of character! I want to know more about McQueen's backstory! Did he run from home? Is he truly that alone? And you want to know where the film goes with this one great scene! NOWHERE! Absolutely nowhere! It's never mentioned, talked about again, it's just a plot hook that's left hanging. Wouldn't a sequel about McQueen having to come to grips that his family is his friends or some other thing be much more interesting than a movie about the obnoxious side character becoming a spy with Michael Caine car with vehicles with a personality and intellect being brutally murdered and blowing up and drowning?! Cars 2 really, really made me consider burning all my animated movies. I hated it that much.

I wonder if they'll give us a direct sequel with the Underminer although that was featured in the videogame release. Can't wait for the music score :D

I don't mind the continuation of the Cars films (I personally have no issue with them). However, I can see why others would dislike having another sequel. After all, we could get an entirely original film instead. The fact of the matter is that Disney seem to love milking franchises for all they are worth (*cough* Pirates of the Caribbean *cough*), and Cars merchandising still makes Disney and Pixar a fair amount of money. As long as the merchandise continues to sell and the films continue to do well, it is likely Disney and Pixar will keep the series going, in one way or another.

Cars 3 though... the first one I just really didn't like. I thought McQueen was an unlikeable jerk, and that's were the film killed it for me. Even after his apparent reform, I still couldn't shake off his previous acts. He was an unlikeable character, and I couldn't buy him learning his lesson after everything he did. There were parts of the film I did enjoy though, like a scene early on where McQueen's agent says he's got tickets for his big race, and when he asks McQueen who he wants to give them to, McQueen draws blank. That's an interesting moment of character! I want to know more about McQueen's backstory! Did he run from home? Is he truly that alone? And you want to know where the film goes with this one great scene! NOWHERE! Absolutely nowhere! It's never mentioned, talked about again, it's just a plot hook that's left hanging. Wouldn't a sequel about McQueen having to come to grips that his family is his friends or some other thing be much more interesting than a movie about the obnoxious side character becoming a spy with Michael Caine car with vehicles with a personality and intellect being brutally murdered and blowing up and drowning?! Cars 2 really, really made me consider burning all my animated movies. I hated it that much.

I guess you could say... it made you want to commit Carson. :snicker:

Puns aside, no kids movie is worth such extreme actions. Also, that scene in the first movie was merely meant to establish that he's so self-centered that he doesn't have any real friends, and that plot line was concluded when he learned his lesson and made friends in Radiator Springs. I don't think there's much more to it. I guess the next sequel could be about McQueen trying to reconnect with his family, but it doesn't sound terribly interesting to me and they're already doing that story in Finding Dory. The fact that the concept of family is very shaky in the nonsensical world of Cars doesn't help (Do cars mate and have children? If not, where do cars come from and how can they have parents?? :wacko: ). Personally, I'd much rather see Michael Caine as a badass bondcar blowing up other sentient cars.

Can't wait for the music score :D

Ha, me too! The theme song was one of the many things that made the first one so awesome and it's still one of the catchiest and best movie themes ever! :sweet:

As for the Underminer, I hope not. He didn't seem like a very interesting villain. I wouldn't mind if the movie opened with a fight scene with them defeating him though.

One thing I do hope to see in the sequel is Jack-Jack growing up and joining the team. That little guy is awesome. :grin: In fact, now that most of the superheroes are dead, it would be interesting to see the Incredibles trying to establish a whole new generation of superheroes, and perhaps to see Mr. and Mrs. Incredible trying to deal with the fact that they're getting too old for crimefighting and have to leave it to their grown up kids.

Not really Pixar, but it is Disney, so here is the teaser for Big Hero 6:

I gotta say, this looks fun. I was a bit skeptical about this film since I don't know anything about the comics, but based on this cute trailer, I have a good feeling that Disney is gonna keep their streak going with this one. :thumbup:

Not really Pixar, but it is Disney, so here is the teaser for Big Hero 6:

I gotta say, this looks fun. I was a bit skeptical about this film since I don't know anything about the comics, but based on this cute trailer, I have a good feeling that Disney is gonna keep their streak going with this one. :thumbup:

Does look pretty cute, I'm just surprised "Marvel" isn't anywhere in the trailer. :look:

Yeah, that does seem a bit odd... Maybe they didn't want anyone to think that it's part of the MCU? :def_shrug: I'm sure the final movie credits will have some kind of mention of Marvel.

Thanks! I was skeptical when it was announced that Trixie is going to be the main character, but this poster is so epic, it's hard not to get excited. :D

Thanks! I was skeptical when it was announced that Trixie is going to be the main character, but this poster is so epic, it's hard not to get excited. :D

I agree completely, however I was also skeptical of Rex starring in a short and that proved to be wrong in Partysaurus Rex so hopefully Trixie will be great! Dinos with weapons are always an easy sell to me :grin:

What's coming up next from Pixar? I lost track sometime around the time I started having to ignore Planes 2.

Planes 2 isn't a Pixar film and neither was Planes. As far as I know, the next Pixar film is going to be Inside Out.

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

That was the one originally scheduled for The Good Dinosaur.

Some terrible news has come about today.... they're making a Toy Story 4. :sick:

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/john-lasseter-to-direct-toy-story-4-out-in-2017-1201349848/

Wow. This news really ticks me off. Toy Story 3 was a great closing to the film series, despite it being worse than the first two. Let the franchise rest, darn it. The shorts are fine, and so are the holiday specials, but a WHOLE new movie? Please. Toy Story 1 still stands to be my favorite film. Toy Story 3 was in conceived many years before it came out, but then again, production at Pixar was about three years. Same goes with this. I'm still not happy.

Lasseter also directed Cars 1 and 2 as his previous two films. Sure, he did direct the first two Toy Story films, but this is concerning. The only way this could work is if it was a prequel. I don't even think a spinoff could work, unless it's with a completely new group of toys ("New Toy Story"?).

Some terrible news has come about today.... they're making a Toy Story 4. :sick:

http://variety.com/2...017-1201349848/

Wow. This news really ticks me off. Toy Story 3 was a great closing to the film series, despite it being worse than the first two. Let the franchise rest, darn it. The shorts are fine, and so are the holiday specials, but a WHOLE new movie? Please. Toy Story 1 still stands to be my favorite film. Toy Story 3 was in conceived many years before it came out, but then again, production at Pixar was about three years. Same goes with this. I'm still not happy.

Lasseter also directed Cars 1 and 2 as his previous two films. Sure, he did direct the first two Toy Story films, but this is concerning. The only way this could work is if it was a prequel. I don't even think a spinoff could work, unless it's with a completely new group of toys ("New Toy Story"?).

I'm with you on this one. As much as I love Toy Story, I cannot tolerate the thought of a sequel to the perfect ending. Ugh, this makes me mad.

But at the same time, I am curious to see what they do. I'm conflicted. :sceptic:

Edited by EZNetwork

Toy Story 3 was a great closing to the film series, despite it being worse than the first two.

I'm not so sure Toy Story 3 is worse than the previous two films. I thought the same the first time I saw it, but It has grown on me each time I watched it, and now I think it's as good as TS2, or even better. It's so terribly dark and scary, barely for children IMO. And included a bunch of Lego minifigures!.

The first one will always stand as the best for me, that script was perfect (no wonder that Cohen brothers were behind it).

I'm curious about this new one. TS is the most beloved franchise of Pixar, so I guess they will deliver a good script and a great movie. A return of the Cohen's would be great but I guess that will not happen.

Edited by Gongoro73

I do not like the idea of a fourth installment at all. Toy Story 3 had a wonderful and ingenious ending, and I found all of the Toy Story shorts and specials very nice and low key. A fourth installment seem completely unnecessary to me. Here's hoping they can make it work, otherwise... :sceptic:

I would've thought a year ago that the idea of a Toy Story 4 was awful. However, I've watched Toy Story 2 & 3 recently and realized how much I miss the gang. I just want more Zurg and more of the little green aliens in Toy Story 4. That's my one condition.

Honestly... I'm kind of excited about this news. Yes, it's a very unneeded sequel and destroys everything TS3 strove to achieve, but the same could be said about the TV specials (heck, if you put all the shorts and special together, you pretty much got a full sequel) and I just love the characters too much to say no to another movie. :blush: And if it means more TS Lego sets, even better!

Now that they are with Bonnie, they get a fresh start and the movie could go any direction, though I hope it's not another "the toys get lost and need to find a way to return to Andy Bonnie before it's too late" story. Having a release date less than two years from now may seem rushed, but according to this article it has already been in development for two years, and will apparently be a love story. Perhaps Woody will finally find his match? So far this franchise has been able to top itself with each movie, so I have faith that the fourth one will be just as good as the previous ones if not even better. I also wonder if Combat Carl is going to be in it? I hope so. And I second Ultron's wish for more Zurg. I was a bit disappointed when he hardly showed up in the third one. Oh, and more Lego characters please! :grin:

Sorry just2good, but this is the third most exciting Pixar movie that's coming up for me, after Incredibles 2 and Inside Out of course (which, for those who don't know, had a very nice teaser trailer released not too long ago).

Am I the only one really excited about the fact Mike Mignloa did that Toy Story poster?

Anyone else watch Toy Story That Time Forgot last night? While it's not my favorite of the TS shorts/specials, it was still pretty good. I loved all the references to 80's action figure lines and having Trixie as the protagonist wasn't as bad as I feared. It had a nice story with great voice acting and animation. Angel Kitty was kinda creepy though. :tongue:

Angel Kitty was hilariously passive. :laugh: Not the best Toy Story special, but it was still nicely done! It's nice to see some second-tier characters getting some time in the spotlight.