sdrnet

Winter Village: Winter Town Hall

Hello everyone!

This is my new creation for the Winter Village Expand Contest III: The Winter Town Hall!

Given the great success of this year's Town Hall (10224) and to stay on buildings with historical and social (the last year I proposed a Winter Church) I decided to build a Town Hall in a winter theme. The Town Hall was to be a bit larger than the other buildings (compared to the bakery for example) because he has to dominate the village as one of the most important buildings. However as the number of pieces is almost identical to the new set of winter 2012: The Cottage. The entire creation is in fact composed of approximately 1400 pieces. The Winter Town Hall is complete with internal room: office, waiting room, meeting room and store documents, library. The two sides of the building roofs have a button that lights up by pressing a corresponding light. The main door can be opened as well as a skylight on the roof.

To complete the Town Hall I have included a tree with a snow-covered ice fountain, a monument with a statue of a fallen hero and a nice little car used to clean the sidewalks (in Italy the name is "Ape 50").

Merry Christmas to all !!!

01eurobricks.jpg

02eurobricks.jpg

03eurobricks.jpg

04eurobricks.jpg

05eurobricks.jpg

(Update) new photo on Flickr Gallery here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49191153@N08/sets/72157632342370742/with/8307936275/

Edited by sdrnet

Nice work! I like the the way the colours work together. The fountain is nicely done and I love the small vehicle! Best of luck!

I love the water fountain and the tree. Lego doesn't do "organic" things very well, but that tree and the snow arrangement on top actually look believable!

Great work :thumbup: :thumbup:

I really like the interior and in particularly the Ape car :wink:

Insomma gran bel lavoro :classic:

Great moc, my friend!

I really love the Ape and the interior, so full of details!

Merry Christmas and good luck for the contest!

Fantastic work! I love the color scheme. You incorporate the snow into your creation very well - it doesn't look like a building with snow 'tacked' on. I like the use of wedge plates for the base of the tree, and the soldier's statue is fantastic.

I see the pantsless gentleman from the Grand Emporium has found a warm place to work :wink:

Oh this is really beautifull! I really like the statue, we really fell the Christmas in your scene, well done.

All these positive comments are really making me curious! Any chance you'll upload pics to your Flickr soon? I can't see what you have now... :cry_sad:

Merry Christmas, sdrnet.

Your town hall has a great Christmassy feel to it, and fits in nicely with the official sets. The detail that really caught my eye, though, was the tree and water fountain. That is a great little MOC in itself. The little truck is cute too. Good luck in the contest!

Well - your town hall is a nice building, but for me, the stars here are the add-ons to the 'set'. The tree and fountain is lovely, the statue is nice, and the Ape is great! Best of luck in the competition!

Great looking house! Looks like a stollen! I want to eat it!

I like the entrance you have made! raised and recessed!

If this was a real set I might be making my my first winter village purchase. I love this MOC, the building itself looks wonderful and I love the rest of the models as well, especially the Ape and the snow covered tree. I also love the way you used the rounded pieces at the corners of the statue base, it looks very natural.

I love it! It's so detailed as a true set, congrats!

What I like to most are the small fountain with the tree, and the Ape.

Great model sdrnet, especially love the fountain and your use of the new profile bricks to add texture! The brick-built doors also look good, and the interior looks suberb! :thumbup:

This is a nice entry. The house looks interesting, and stands out in comparison to other WV buildings. However, my favourite details are the statue and snow covered tree with the fountain. They're both nice ideas, and clever builds.

You really captured the feel of the winter series with this beautiful MOC :wub: My favorite parts are the interior and little vehicle :thumbup:

This is outstanding, sdrnet! Every piece of it feels very well thought out, and the overall look is amazing. It does feel like it's a little bit too grand for the WV theme, even if the piece count is similar to the Cottage (bigger pieces?). I think if TLG were to do a building like that, they would probably have eliminated either the tree or the monument to keep the price down. But they definitely look wonderful together.

Very nice. My favourite aspects: the interior and the Ape, which is shaped very nicely. Good luck! :thumbup:

Already some great entries this year - this one is possibly my favorite yet. The main building is very well detailed both inside and out, and the little extras are all nicely done. Good luck!