Borex

Some Cuusoo SW-projects that i made (Mos Eisley Cantinapack & SW u

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Hi, I just like to share my Cuusoo projects will all of y'all, since you're all SW-fans.

Of course i'm aware that those projects are not likely to get made at all. But for me, it was kinda nice to develop some Lego-designs and I finally understood how to work with LDD. I drew myself some mini-figures (the accent on all these sets are the mini-figures by the way) and connected them with my LDD-designs.

My main reason for these designs is that sometimes when you have an idea stuck in your mind, you want to execute that idea in the hope TLG will see it and gets inspired and uses some of those ideas :-)

Anyhow, my first Cuusoo-project was called Star Wars Universe Packs and contained six boxes with five mini-figures in it, a stand and a mini-building. A little like the Planet-series. Biggest reason for those packs is of course the need of more typical SW universe people (the kind that won't show up in other Lego SW boxes, because they're not main characters) for us to make our Lego SW world more complete and detailed.

thumb640x360.jpg

thumb640x360.jpg

The second project is all about the Mos Eisley Cantina. The thing is, we need a new cantina. A proper one. The set 4501 isn't sufficient in any ways (ok, except for bringing us Greedo). In trying to inspire TLG i designed a Mos Eisley Cantina in packs. So in order to complete your Cantina you'll need all the packs. The reason for this is of course the number of mini-figures. If you want a real SW Mos Eisley cantina you need a cantina-band, you'll need some space weirdo's, a bartender, some good folk, and a snitch with some bad folk. I thought this was a clever idea for TLG to avoid one big set with too many mini-figures and not being super expensive.

I'm not the greatest Lego-designer so the designs may be pretty rough.

thumb640x360.jpg

thumb640x360.jpg

thumb640x360.jpg

thumb640x360.jpg

thumb640x360.jpg

thumb640x360.jpg

I hope you'll like them, i just wanted to share with y'all!

Oh, if you like to see them on Cuusoo:

SW Universe Packs

Mos Eisley Main Cantina

Cantina Band Pack

Cantina Benches Pack

Cantina Entrance Pack

Your drawing are very nice !

Very accurate colors.

My opinion is the cantina sandtrooper pack will sell disproportionally compared to the cantina band set with 5 identical figurines which children might not like.

This would also cause a problem for collectors who lack the last sandtrooper set to complete the diorama and retailers who have offer massive discount to sell the unpopular cantina band.

Edited by green dewback

I love these ideas. I would buy every single one, especially the minifig sets. Unfortunately, with all the new tooling required to mould and print the various alien heads and body parts, I don't see this project coming for quite some time. Don't give up though, believe in the force and maybe a talented engineer will come up with less costly production techniques. With technology progressing so fast, I'm confident we will have these types of pieces eventually.

At first I didn't take much in due to the awesome drawing :laugh:. The Cantina set has always been a 'meah' for me but those Planet type sets at the top are a good idea.

Well...

my first idea was : Great !! I like the concept ( Mos Eisley is underrated ) , but I still have some remarks .

First off : No more droids !!!

And second : the cantina band , liking it, but 5 figs ? in one set ?? Nobody is going to buy them in multiples, so 1 band member in a set ( die-hard will buy 5 sets ) and some more other visitors or troopers..

I really like the drawings btw, very original and I can see something like this really happening.. Perhaps you should merge it in one set, a big play set, with lots of stuff happening .

Good luck on Cuucuu !!

I love these sets and was in the middle of executing a similar idea when I came across your CUUSOO project.

I'm not sure the multitudes of minifigures would go through given the figure to brick ratio but the cantina sets are great.

I also love your original style with the character sketches, they add a bit of fun to your presentation and add a nice splash of colour too.

I really like these projets, from the first moment I saw them on cuusoo.

but it is very confusing that you made 4 different projects. it would be strange if one gets 10000 supporters, the rest not, and then you have a half cantina.

I think you could better make only one project, with more bricks and less minifigs. Stick then as much as possible to your original design.

with more bricks Lego lets you have more minifigs.

to let it include more bricks for example you could include a brick-built dewback, some markt sale stands (similar to 7195 Ambush In Cairo), a speeder (no luke's landspeeder preferebly) or skyhopper, something like a antenna(like water collectors), and maybe something else.

I know it is very hard for you to include less minifigs, but it is really not possible for Lego to include this many, many of which are not very appealing to childs, and they too have to make new moulds for.

minifigs: I suggest not R2-D2 C-3PO, Chewbacca, and less aliens, because those aren't necesarry for a child to play the story from the movie.

I suggest just 1 or 2 band players, greedo, han solo, luke, obi-wan, imperial spy, 1 or two storm troopers, cantina bar man, one extra alien (I suggest the one the arm gets cut off)

this would require 9 to 11 minifigs (in stead of 21), and just 3 new molds (instead of 5)

the rest of the minifigs could be in your universe packs.

Love the idea for a new Mos Eisley. I have an inkling that if Lego were to pick up the idea, a "cut-away" similar to the Bag End set would be done. I would still pay for a "complete building" model like yours though I agree that it should all be one model.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I know the Mos Eisley Cantina would be better if it was only one set. And you people might be true about the Cantina band figures (too much the same minifig), i haven't thought off that to be honest.

I love the heck out of all of those sets. I love the pairing of mini architecture with the minifigs, and your choice of classic star wars aliens is awesome. I can't believe LEGO has had the SW license for over a decade now, and still no Hammerhead, no Squidhead, no Ree Yees. The prequels and Clone Wars have reemphasized some of those races, but still nada. :(

Love the cantina idea too, and how you pulled it off. I'd love to see that.

Oh, and that Ewok pack? Completely and utterly charming. The baby. THE BABY!!!

Love it, great drawings, nice LDD design. Count me in.