Sign in to follow this  
Zepher

Heroica RPG - Quest #53: Chaos in Eubric

"That reminds me, aren't we s'posed to have a party leader?"

DSCN0006_zpsa556d9c3.jpg

"Felton will be making that call, but I will certainly be giving him my advice on the matter. Those of you who choose to squabble with your teammates will not be those that I suggest. Everyone has differing opinions, but to get something done you need to grow from them, not destroy each other with them. Mr. Cronk has the right idea. And Mr. Skrall, who has been wise enough to keep his mouth shut."

The Gray Wizard raises an eyebrow at the late Dyric, but doesn't address him. Sooner rather than later, the party is outside a Town Watch building. A guard stands near them. The sun has started to peek over the tops of the buildings and baths the city in a weak light.

DSCN1854_zps8d457020.jpg

"Bennetton has said no visitors." The guard tells them.

DSCN0006_zpsa556d9c3.jpg

"I am the Gray Wizard. He's expecting me."

DSCN1855_zpsccc062a9.jpg

The Guard stands down and lets the party pass. Inside there is an armory, empty now, and a staircase going upwards. They hear voices. Some are familiar, one is not.

"It's a very real threat. You cannot choose to ignore her," a voice says that sound vaguely like Felton.

"Look, I'm not doubting you think she's a real threat. That's not the question here. The question is the amount of men I have at my disposal. We're already underfunded. Every damn adventurer chooses to work for Heroica nowadays. I'm understaffed. That boy outside, four or five more on the streets... that's all I've got. The Hovels need policing, and Patricia has tasked me with hunting down this Court of Demons as well."

"Wren is more dangerous than they," says a voice that clearly belongs to McColt.

"Think of the honor from capturing such a baddie! We'll be remembered for years," an excitable Bal contributes.

The heroes step into the room and see who their friends are speaking to. A man with an eyepatch and walking stick stands behind his desk. He is missing a leg.

DSCN1856_zps4c6081b8.jpg

Captain.jpg

"I have bigger fish to fry. Simple as that- oh who is this lot?!"

Felton turns to the heroes.

DSCN1867_zpsd3f291eb.jpg

DSCN0092_zpsebb35789.jpg

"Hello heroes, a pleasure as always. Did you get me anything good for Grogmas? Don't tell me you forgot to go shopping." He greets them, sarcastically as ever, but his eyes betray relief. "Perhaps you can help me convince Captain Bennetton that Wren is due paying attention to and preparing the city to prepare."

Captain.jpg

"Not Heroica. Patricia has been having less than grand results with them lately. An Ogre from Heroica... you don't happen to be the one who let Donny slip through your fingers, do you? And then there was that group who let the Cat woman go... and you've brought Johnny as well. Don't tell me you've accepted that sort of filth into your organization now." Bennetton speaks with venom, but while addressing Johnny, his eyes seem to brighten a little. The Gray Wizard steps forward unexpectedly, and Bennetton hobbles back, his mouth open a bit, but he covers it quickly and smile confidently.

Captain.jpg

"I asked after you, you know. That crazy organization of your's said you had died."

DSCN0006_zpsa556d9c3.jpg

"Nearly. The woman we seek now is who almost did me in, though she also spared my life. She is unpredictable."

Captain.jpg

"Well, it's good to see you again. Is this gang with you?"

DSCN0006_zpsa556d9c3.jpg

"They are. Hear them out, Bennetton, and make your choice then. They speak horrors."

Captain.jpg

Bennetton turns to the heroes. "I'm all ears. But I'm skeptical. I've got a city to protect."

Edited by Zepher

Arthur turns to the rest of the party. "Might I suggest we allow Master Ablesword and Sir Cronk to handle this? Their Diplomacy would better match even my oratory on the matter." Arthur turns a wary eye upon the Gray Wizard; something was off about him, something almost...too far off. He remembers the record of the Quest to Haddon, and of Wren's tricks there, and he resolves to keep a wary eye on all of their allies. He quietly walks to the windows and looks around, using his Magnifying Glass and Telescope to see if anyone was eavesdropping.

Greetings Felton, McColt. It has been a long time. I trust youu are well?

As for you, Sir. Bennetton, you would do well to heed our words. Wren is a threat to us all. She is cunning and vile, as anyone in our party could tell you. She has raised up groups and feuds for the sole reason of creating chaos. She loves chaos. Of recent news, she intends to become a master of it. If it is indeed your city you wish to protect, you should help us, because once she has done with us, she will come after you, of that I am sure.

But enough of my words. I examine the shiny red sword on his desk.

Edited by The Legonater

(Diplomacy) Mr. Bennetton, Cronk's name is Cronk. It is pleasure to meet Bennetton. Cronk and Cronk's friends are hoping for support of Town Guard against the witch Wren.

Wren means to destroy the city and perhaps the world in an effort to promote what Wren mistakenly believes is Chaos. Wren is powerful. Heroes have faced Wren a few times and have only had moderate success in thwarting evil plans.

This is what friends know: Wren means to bring Zoot into mortal plain and use Zoot's power to become a god. This is not a threat to be taken lightly. Wren has means of accomplishing this goal.

Cronk does not know what bigger fish Bennetton is trying to fry but Wren is a big fish and if Wren is not stopped, Wren will summon even bigger fish: Zoot.

What Cronk does know is that public sentiment of Town Guard has not been as high of late. Cronk supposes people's ill will to be undeserved but Cronk hears of this discontent. But If Guard were to help stop threat to city as large as Wren and Zoot, citizens may appreciate good work Town Guard does more.

Cronk and friends propose to stand against Wren and friends could use all the help friends can get. Will Bennetton help?

<Skrall!! Please tell Nyx I'm overjoyed to see her once more!!! Hi Nyx! Are you going to blow up the villains?! I'm sure you will!! And I'm not really that brave, just protecting the people of Olegia like Amphibiannoc tells all us Frog Paladins to do!>

"Ms. Nyx, Sir Poletad bids me tell ya that he's delighted to see ya again and hopes you are successful in blowin' the baddies out of the water."

Everyman chuckles and then produces an old beat-up scroll. "Mr. Skrall, thought I might gift you with this. It could be of some use to you guys, you know, you never know, you know. Besides, that map you've got in the Library of your's is prosaic, am I right? Got to keep up to date."

Skrall accepted the map, "Thanks, I'm sure it'll come in handy."

As the Party continued down the street Skrall kept his comments and thoughts to himself. The world was becoming to complicated for an ogre like himself. Chaos, summoning of gods, truth, right, wrong, it was all becoming only words that learned men tossed back and forth at each other in an attempt to be remembered for a longer period of time in the history books. He had tried partaking in that world and found it empty. He had attempted to then slake his unsatisfaction with the thrill of the hunt but that too proved vanity. There was nothing left it had seemed, he barely knew why he had decided to take up arms this one last time to face down Wren. Perhaps it was a desire to return to simpler times, a time when heroes fought those who other people called villains and that was it. They didn't care why they did it, the just did it because that was what you did.

As the heroes entered the office, Skrall nodded in agreement with Cronk before replying to the Town watchman, "Yes I was that ogre and yes there were those among our organization who have failed to accomplish our past tasks adequately, but these strange times can make for even stranger alliances and evil of this degree can make bedfellows of even those whom we are in conflict with the most."

Atramor strode into the increasingly familiar Town Watch barracks, giving a sharp nod towards Felton, by far the most relatable of the Wren Hunters, before turning his attention onto Bennetton.

"Well, then, protect it. Quit wastin' time with pickpockets and focus on the bigger picture at hand. This is the third time I've been workin' with the guard, and I haven't failed 'ya once. I know your recruits are..competent..so they just need to be put to good use. And that task belongs to their leader. Every man or woman will help. Like Cronk says, do ya' know how much respect and honor's at stake, even if every single person dies in the defense of Eubric? If you ain't gonna even try to help, the hell kind of guards are you?"

The witch struggled to keep a straight face at the assurance of 'honor and glory, even in death'. Hopefully it'd leave a better impression than his last attempt at negotiations.

Arthur raises his eyebrow in appreciation, but says nothing. He remains on guard, and chugs a Nostrum, just in case.

OoC: The monster post that launches the real quest. Bear with me, my lovelies! And read it all. It's all the information you'll need for the whole quest.

Captain.jpg

"Look, to be honest with you, I don't dislike Heroica. Sure, you misfire now and again, but who doesn't. I've had more good than bad come out of Heroica, no question. I even believe your story, and that this Wren lady may be a threat. I just can't help you. I haven't got the men, or the resources. I've got the Hovels to protect, this Court of Demons to hunt down... if she's that big of a threat as you say, she won't get into the city though. The houses, when roused, can't be stopped, and if she makes the splash you say she will-"

DSCN0144_zpsc61596a8.jpg

<Splash!!>

DSCN0092_zpsebb35789.jpg

"Captain Bennetton, she will not make a splash. Lady Wren is smart. She lives in the shadows. She will come in with a whisper and take what she needs, and by the time anyone notices her, she will be too powerful. We need to watch her, and we need man power to do it."

At Felton's words, there is a silence. Bennetton glances around. The wind outside whistles as the sun rises more. Signs clatter, doors start to open. There is a dull thud, perhaps from a dropped garment from across the street.

Captain.jpg

"Mr. Felton, you speak wisely and well, as do all of your heroes. I can perhaps give you a man or two-"

DSCN1869.jpg

The door at the end of the room flies open. A Pongcanis warrior stands in it, holding a Bomb XX.

"For honor and glory!!" he screams and runs forward. Things happen too quickly for the heroes to comprehend. Felton tackles Benntton to the ground and McColt screams out an order....

DSCN1874.jpg

"Flip the table" which Hans is all but to happy to do. The Gray Wizard starts to chant and a field of protection begins to shimmer to life. The heroes know what a Bomb XX can do though... and left unchecked...

Bal gives the only way he knows how.

DSCN1872.jpg

DSCN0007_zps6a0696ef.jpg

"That is not honor or glory!" he yells and jumps up, landing directly on the Pongcanis. One sword pierces the beast's eye, the other it's stomach. It is dead in seconds. The momentum of the jump sends the two crashing down the staircase. Triad runs for the door, but an monstrous boom and a wall of fire shove her back past the safety of the Gray Wizard's meager shield, which holds off the worst of the blast. The shield gives way quickly though, and the heroes are singed. There is no question that if the Bomb had gone off in the room, they would all be dead. There is equally no question what Bal's fate is, but Triad runs down the stairs anyway to make sure. She returns solemnly only a few seconds later and reports quietly.

DSCN0008_zps133043fe.jpg

"We have lost a friend. He died as we think he would have wanted to. We will remember him always. We know he was good and served only others. We hope to be more like him. Our brave friend Bal. He saw how to serve."

As if on cue, a familiar voice rings out in the heroes' heads.

DSCN0048-1_zps21383205.jpg

"Hello, my chickadees! So nice to see you again... and all alive too. I thought my calling card might take out more than good ol' Bal, but that doesn't seem the case. Can't blame a girl for trying!" Wren giggles. "Anywho, good to see you all again! I just thought I'd pop in to gift you some information so that we're all on an even playing field, you know. Because something's different this time, and you need to know what it is! And that is... well, we're not on an even playing field. You remember how that time in the Arena, and that time in Haddon, oh, hi McColt, you've clearly seen your old pal Vonnetate's around too by now, oh, and also in Dastan, and even in the Valley of Peace. You remember those times? Those were sooooo much fun. Especially because I was using you guys, remember?! That was the best part. Oh, right, well, anyway, this time I'm not using you. I don't need you anymore. So I need to terminate you. I won't be giving you hints, or nudging you in the right direction. I'll actually be ignoring you entirely, unless you get in my way, in which case, I'll be killing you. Hugs and kisses to you all, especially Gray Beard, I hear you've got family in town, and good old strong Cronk. Cronk, if you live, maybe we can run away together. I've always had a soft spot for you. Good luck all, hope that you die painfully. Oh, also, I've got troops all over the city. So, that part where you thought you'd be able to prepare for my arrival... well I'm already here. Love you."

There is another stunned silence. Felton turns to Captain Bennetton.

DSCN0092_zpsebb35789.jpg

"That is what you are up against. Can you handle that alone?"

DSCN0008_zps133043fe.jpg

"We know there is much evil to fight, Captain. But we also know that we must recognize the biggest threats to what we believe in, and stop them. Wren has proven that she is the biggest threat to what you believe in, the safety of this city, so you must vanquish her, or she will spread her disease."

DSCN1875.jpg

Bennetton shakes his head.

Captain.jpg

"I'm with you. My troops are at your disposal. We will need to act quickly. What is this Wren's plan, do you think?"

DSCN0092_zpsebb35789.jpg

"She's to summon a God. Zoot."

Captain.jpg

"Why in Eubric? Why not somewhere remote and out of the way, where you can't find her?"

A soldier rushes in. He pants.

DSCN1876.jpg

Gnash.jpg

"Is everyone alright?" he grumbles out. "I heard a boom. Soldier is dead outside. What happen."

Captain.jpg

"We are all alright. State your name, rank and business, swiftly," Bennetton orders. McColt nods approvingly.

Gnash.jpg

"Sorry, sir. Private Gnash. Reporting in from Triad Park. There is a disturbance there."

Captain.jpg

"Sound like her?" Bennetton asks the heroes.

DSCN0090_zps08254c59.jpg

"Those are her Chaos Beasts alright."

The Gray Wizard speaks.

DSCN1878.jpg

DSCN0006_zpsa556d9c3.jpg

"It's her, and I know what she's doing." All eyes turn. "There is, as I'm sure you all know, a Temple of Zoot under the city. What many people do not know is that it was once large. Very large. To compliment it, the worshippers of Zoot built shrines to Zoot, called Doors to Chaos. Bear in mind, this was long ago. These shrines were tall, spire like structures. When Eubric sprang up, and Zoot followers died out, they sank below the city, or were demolished, or incorporated into the structures of the buildings. Most people didn't know what they were. Most people thought they were gone, or a myth. But they're not. And they still function. Those who know about them haven't done anything to destroy them. They are part of this city, and a part of the city that assists in its greatness. We left them slightly open. If Wren is bringing Zoot here, they will make him stronger. Much stronger. Unbearably strong. The people who know of them left them open just a little, to stimulate growth. There is no growth without Chaos. That is the Gray way. But she will open them and flood the city. We must stop her, and stop them. That's why Eubric, Bennetton. She's bringing Zoot to his home on Olegia. She's bringing Zoot here."

DSCN0092_zpsebb35789.jpg

"You know a lot about the ways of Chaos and old temples, Gray Wizard."

DSCN0006_zpsa556d9c3.jpg

"I have to."

Captain.jpg

"Triad Park has one of these spires?"

DSCN0006_zpsa556d9c3.jpg

"Yes."

Captain.jpg

"Then we will go there. I'm to come with you. I want to see these Chaos Beasts myself, and know what I'm up against." The Captain picks up his sword from the ground. "I'm deputizing the Orc. (Party Leader) I advise you pick a few second in commands. You may need them."

DSCN0092_zpsebb35789.jpg

"The Gray Wizard and I will remain here, heroes. We will try to discern where she will strike next. We will need books from the Library, and that Academy-"

DSCN0003_zps4bbebce7.jpg

"I'll get 'em for ya! Ain't no way I'm going near those beasties in the Park."

DSCN1880.jpg

Captain.jpg

"Gnash, lead the way."

Triad turns to the Gray Wizard. "We know you will bury Bal well. Honor him. We must go fight. Wren does not agree with which we stand for. We must terminate her."

DSCN1879.jpg

The heroes set out. OoC: You've got 12 more hours to prepare/chat. I will post an updated Party List tomorrow BEFORE the battle begins. :thumbup:

[iNTERLUDE - DASTAN]

OoC: This is the first of MANY interludes. The heroes can not see them, they are just for story purposes and for your entertainment.

8293447638_5de4dc01e1_c.jpg

Two Rito tribespeople stood together in front of some ancient ruins atop one of the many mountains of Dastan. It was dawn, and only the earliest hints of sunlight could be seen even from their height.

8292394881_600825430d_t.jpg

"The war is over, but these are more troubled times than ever, my love."

8292394809_cb536330bd_t.jpg

"I know... I know. But we must be getting better. The Dragons, the Dastanese... everything has changed."

"For the better? The empire is still in ruins. Even the farthest reaches to Solomon have been ravaged by the invasion. And the Dragons are only beginning to come out. There are many who did not survive."

"Yes but we can rebuild. Do you remember the heroes of Eubric? They have given this nation hope."

"Hope... it is a feeling I wish I shared. This world... this world is in turmoil."

Denerii looked towards her companion, but decided to not say anything. They sat together in silence for a while, until thin beams of light began to creep through the mountaintops.

"Hail, the ambassador's messenger approaches."

8292395143_f6c6cdcfc5_c.jpg

"Julius, what news do you bring from our brother down below?"

The third Rito bowed to Flavius and Denerii before speaking.

8292394843_b2def4be63_t.jpg

"The news. The news is that one of the Emperors has left Dastan, unannounced."

"...This is most troubling... our efforts to establish trade between the Dastanese has been delayed yet again."

"We help defend their greatest city and this is how they repay us?! We should have kept to ourselves like why always have."

"Why could he have left like that... there have been no foreign matters?"

"No sire, his departure was unannounced. He also took a Sage and a Dragon with him. The details, I am unsure of."

"...Most troubling indeed. What an emperor could do with a Sage and a Dragon is beyond me, or even how he would manage to do such a thing in the first place. The Dragon Knights are not quite as extinct as we once suspected, it would seem..."

"Dragons... they can't all be trusted. Running off with the emperor? I think they've been in hiding too long to know better."

"Enough. We do not know the true motives of the Dragon, nor that of the Sage, nor that of the Emperor. We cannot stand by and hypothesize. Julius, make sure the tribe is informed of this news. We will return to Drakencourt to discuss this with the Dastanese..."

"Yes, sire."

[iNTERLUDE - CONCLUDED]

Edited by Zepher

OOC:

Arthur curses his unpreparedness. He had known something like this would happen, but even his readiness had not been enough to save Bal. "I owe you my life, brave one. Your sacrifice shall not be in vain." Arthur turns his eyes to the heavens. "Know this, Wren! There is no throne. There is no godhood. There is no version of this where you come out on top. Maybe Heroica shall fall and maybe Zoot shall rise and myabe the city shall be flooded by Chaos and maybe it's all too much for us but it's all...on...you. Because if we can't protect this world...you can be damned sure we'll avenge it!" Arthur draws his energies to him, his posture and bearing smoothing while his eyes grow sharp with focus. "And so...it begins."

The party keeps walking and hating the editing system of this newest forum update (will get back up the party listing soon, but this post now seems corrupted because f*ck this new editing system).

The party begins to assess their friend's abilities as they walk.

City Watch Guard

Base Health: 14

Weapons: Daggers, Longswords, Greatswords, Throwing Daggers

Job Trait: Strength in Numbers – Receives a +2 bonus to attack before multipliers for every other City Watch Guard in the battle.

Shield: Guarding the Guards – Any free hits delivered to the Guard next round are null. Also, deals damage equal to their power.

All other attacks function normally (Critical Hit is Critical Hit, Damage is Damage, etc.)

Frog Paladin

Base Health: 1

Weapons: None

Fighting Style: Honorable – Outside of combat, Frog Paladins may gift ether or health to other players. For every 1 ether/health gifted, the receiver gains 2 ether/health.

Shield: Croak – Restores health of all party members an amount equal to his level.

Critical Hit: Deals damage equal to three times his level.

Hit: Deal damage equal to power.

Miss: Ribbit – Restores ether to the party equal to ¼ his level.

Damage: Takes damage equal to the enemy’s level.

Special Damage: Hip-Hop – Has a 2/3 chance of avoiding the foe’s special damage.

Dragon Knights

Base Health: 16

Weapons: Daggers, Longswords, Greatswords, Hammers

Fighting Style: Fire, Earth, Air - Dragon Knights are hardy and are immune to Fire, Earth and Air based attacks. Natural Respite - See Barbarian. Piercing Might - Ignores SP the first round of combat.

Shield: Heart of Dragon - Deals damage equal to the Dragon Knight's Level. Also burns all enemies (3 damage per turn).

Extra-Critical Hit

Hit

Miss: Dances with Dragons - Deals damage equal to WP to self, deals damage equal to WPx2 to enemy.

Damage

Special Damage

Chaos Regulators

* Additional Health: +12

* Job Trait(s): See Below

* Battle Style: Chaos Regulators are deeply troubled by the force they are sworn to fight, and so switch between Chaos and Order.

*Weapons: Axes, Daggers, Greatswords, Hammers, Longswords, Staves, Shields

ORDERED: Job Trait – Order: Deals Light Elemental Damage, Diplomacy: Defenders often times must work with others to stop chaos. Calculating Mind: The Chaos Defender may use 1 item in addition to other actions in the first round of each battle.

1. SHIELD: Internal Conflict – The Chaos Regulator goes through inner conflict, changing their battle style. They become Chaotic. While making the change, the Chaos Regulator halves their opponent’s current health.

2. RALLY: The Regulator attacks the enemy with a power equal to their weapon power added to their level. The party rallies and are safe from free hits the remainder of the round.

3. HIT: The Chaos Regulator attacks the target with strength equal to their weapon power added to their level.

4. OPTIMISM: The Chaos Regulator is safe from free hits the remainder of the round.

5. DEFENDED DAMAGE: The Regulator takes damage equal to the enemy’s level minus the Defender's SP.

6. SPECIAL DAMAGE: The Chaos Regulator is struck by its opponent’s special skill and takes damage minus the Defender's SP.

CHAOTIC: Job Trait – Chaos: Deals Darkness Elemental Damage. Intimidation: Chaos Regulators can scare others into helping them to prevent chaos. Wild Mind: The Chaos Regulators may deal a free unblock-able hit (equal to WP+Lvl) to one enemy in the first round of each battle in addition to other actions.

1. SHIELD: Internal Conflict – The Chaos Regulator goes through inner conflict, changing their battle style. They become Orderly. While making the change, the Chaos Defender brings the opponent to half of their current health.

2. CHAOTIC STRIKE: The Chaos Regulator feints and slips past the target to hit a random enemy with strength equal to (WPx3+Level). The random enemy is not considered targeted by the Chaos Regulator.

3. CRITICAL HIT: The Chaos Regulator attacks the target with strength equal to (WPx2+Level).

4. PESSIMISM: The target is jinxed for the following round.

5. DEFENDED DAMAGE: The Regulator takes damage equal to the enemy’s level minus the Regulator's SP.

6. SPECIAL DAMAGE: The Chaos Regulator is struck by its opponent’s special skill and takes damage minus the Regulator's SP.

Edited by Zepher

"This is it, folks. The big one, we had better be prepared."

Haldor sits down on a box.

"You know, she's really wasted on this. All that skill, that potential, she could have been so much more. And this? Wren is dealing with powers far greater than anything she can control; and what makes her think that Zoot will answer to a mortal such as her? No, she will bring nothing but death to us all, for this she must be stopped. But, come to think of it, I can't bring myself to hate her. What she is doing is horrific, all the innocents that will fall, all the chaos let loose amongst order, that is wrong. But really, she is just a crazed woman gone mad with power, thinking that chaos will set in motion a change of this. All chaos will do to this city is set in anarchy and open the door to all manner of greater horrors. There will be no safe place to hide. Wren, she's not evil, she's just gone completely bonkers."

Bal! :cry_sad: Poor, brave friend Bal.

This tragedy should strengthen friends' resolve. It's all or nothing now, friends.

Oh, and if Bennetton meant Cronk, Cronk will appoint friends Skrall and Nyx as seconds.

Hoke closes his eyes and breathes in deeply through his nose. He holds his breath for a moment and lets it all out. The fear, the anxiety, the eagerness. Focus was the goal. To defeat chaos, there had to be order Control.

He opens his eyes.

Focused.

Atramor stumbled backward from the explosion, coughed, and quickly extinguished the flame that caught on his cloak. Yeah, she definitely had XX on her side....he remained silent throughout her speech, and the events afterward, glancing down the staircase at the creature referred to as 'Bal'. Then, before he knew it, he was following the majority of the party down the stairs.

"Looks like we're just gonna be trackin' down these spires for now. 'Least we have a goal...let's head out."

Triad Park, huh? I know that place like nobody's business. Guts, Dak and I spent what must have been weeks hunting down Count Shadeaux down there. It shall be fun to be back again. On one hand, though, it really doesn't surprise me. There are enough cultists and going-ons for Wren to just thrive in the chaos.

Haldor, old friend, it is perhaps for that very reason that I do hate her, because in her insanity she is causing the deaths of thousands. You were with me when we battled her chaos in the plains. You saw the blood spilled that day. If all this is for mere ambition, it gives me even greater cause to hate all she has done, all she stands for. I understand your thinking, friend, but I do not agree.

"Triad, has the Gray Wizard mentioned how many of these doors there are to be found?" I suspect I already know where the last shall be found...

When the would-be-martyr, Thothwick had moved in order to shield both himself and Alexis from the blast with his cloak.

"Really wished I saw the last of those bombs in Dastan..."

That voice! So familiar.. her teeth grind as she thinks she could almost say some of those words herself, but her actions? No. The woman was insane, infuriating and insane, and needs to be stopped. Permanently.

Nyx stifles a low growl, trying not to think of Wren too much. The bickering between the heroes wasn't helping either, she needed to be calm, because right now losing her cool could be disastrous. For all of them. As she trudges along with the group she stuffs her hands under her arms to prevent any... inadvertent discharges, and breathes deeply, thinking of Nerwen or Larry - the two people who calmed her the most. She almost chuckled to herself to think that; Nerwen was pretty obvious, but that drunken old fool? Maybe it was Barty... her mind wanders, and she feels better. Smiling helped. She calls out to the Paladin.

"Friend Cronk, I hope you know you have my full support. your morals will keep us focused, and Skrall is an excellent choice. I remember him being a strong leader in Dastan and I appreciate his no-nonsense methods, just like yours."

Nodding in Cronk's direction she now turns her speech to the Hunter.

"Skrall, thank you for the translation. I hate to use you as a go-between but if you could communicate to Sir Poletad that if he finds the hopping wearisome he is most welcome to rest on my shoulder as we walk. I should enjoy his company, and I hope to pick up some Froglish over time."

Poletad... he was another who had a good influence on her. In fact, the more she thought about it, the more she realised it was Clericy types who helped. Cronk was another, and even Atramor: after all there was a sense of relief of tension after she'd hit him around the head a few times with a Healing Staff. Hmmm.

She moves towards the female elf.

"Hello, I believe I heard you say to Thothy there that you're Alexis and you're an Evoker? Hi, I'm Nyx. We seem to be swapping stuff around, which is sensible; you use your magics differently, right? Summoning creatures and stuff? I rarely see my summon, so would you like to borrow my Monkey Bar? It will hasten any of your summons, so it might be handy. You'd be most welcome to it, although I would like it back afterwards."

Whilst waiting for a response, she turns to Arthur, whom she met for a while in Dastan.

"Hullo again Arthur, yeah, if you're not planning to use it yourself I'd like to borrow the Spider Leg, as I could combine that with my gems to cause a lot of damage to any flying beasties. Of course, I would return it in good condition."

Talking, yeah, talking helped.

She looks in her bag to get the Monkey Bar to show Alexis, and sees her own bomb XX. There it is again, that wave of emotion. But something else... She has a bomb XX, just as Wren had used. Wren having a bomb XX still didn't necessarily mean he was working with her.

Her hope glimmers...

"Very well, the Spider Leg is yours to use, Miss Nyx. Would you care to borrow Emperor Brunt's crown as well?" He finds it strange; mere months ago, this woman was a legend to him; one of the Test Questers of yore. Yet thanks to Wren, they now spoke as equals. "Froglish is a difficult language, is it not? Skrall attempted to teach me some of it many months ago, but when I tried to speak to Sir Poletad in Ennon, he thought I had completely lost my mind. I hope to learn it well before this Quest is over." Arthur calls over to Poletad, "<Mr President, this is all I Poletad to improve Froglish?> Er, let me try that again... <I want to say, Poletad, I Froglish still, are you?>" Arthur smiles at Alexis as she walks over, a warmth returning to him that had all but vanished since the journey to Ennon. "Perhaps, Alexis, you could help me learn?" He puts his arm over the Evoker's shoulder as he continues. "While we are on the subject of swapping gear, I think that Atramor would be best suited with your Explosive Staff; he would still have the same odds of poisoning all our enemies, while Master Rone could use Alexis' Cat O' Nine Tails for a shot at Assassinating all enemies on every attack of his."

Edited by Flipz

"Skrall, thank you for the translation. I hate to use you as a go-between but if you could communicate to Sir Poletad that if he finds the hopping wearisome he is most welcome to rest on my shoulder as we walk. I should enjoy his company, and I hope to pick up some Froglish over time."

"I'd do it gladly Ms. Nyx." Skrall chuckled at Arthur's attempt at Froglish, "Regulus, ya croaked when ya should have whistled, remember always end yer questions with a guttural booming sound!"

Skrall finished communicating the message as the door burst open. A pog raced into the room, Skrall watched as a small unknown ball of brown fur leaped at the bomb toting scoundrel. Before he even had time to reach for his crossbow it was over. The explosion, the shedding of tears, Wren's biting intrusion to his thoughts, and now the decision to make for Triad park. He slowly let his hand off his side, nodded at Felton's decision to hold down the fort on their end and brought up the rear of the party as they headed out.

Edited by Waterbrick Down

The Party

6882536309_34131623d7_t.jpg Cronk

Level 26 2/3 Paladin *Party Leader* *Counterstirking*

Power: 38

Defense: 15

Health: 44/44

Ether: 27/27

Gold: 5

Equipment: Zoot's Bane (Suitable only for Cronk; WP: 12, Light), Ennoc's Blessing (Shield, SP: 9), Elaborate Helmet (SP: 2), Paladin's Armour (Suitable for Paladins, +4 SP, +2 Max Ether), Counterstirke Gloves (After the wearer is struck by a Free Hit, they counter with strength equal to their level)

Inventory:, Twin Broadswords (WP:21, user can attacks 2 enemies in the same turn, user is unable to use a shield), Beast Skewer (Lance; WP: 12), Ennoc's Gratitude (Artifact, Accessory, User Perma-Blessed, Requires Light Weapon), Sword of Bashing (Longsword; WP:5), Bedroll, Shovel, Holy Bomb, 4 Stakes (WP:1 to each of them), 2 Phoenix Essence, Scroll of Frailty,

Captain.jpg Captain Bennetton (NPC)

Level 26 City Watch Guard *Weakened* *Immune to Sealed, Bound and Blinded*

Power: 40 20

Health: 40/40

Gold: 67

Equipment: Captain's Sword of Distinction (WP: 14), Marksman's Monocle (Misses are rerolled), Walking Stick (Grants User the Permanent Weakened Effect, User immune to Sealed, Bound and Blinded)

IMG_1204-1.jpgAlexis Fenral (Masked Builder)

Level 25 1/3 *Hastened* *Immune to Fragile, and Blinded*

Power: 38 (25+13)

Defense: 3

Health: 41/41 (6+25+3+5)

Ether: 29/29 (28+1)

Gold: 60

GP: 3

Equipment: Mockthril Longbow (WP:13, ranged), Quickdraw Quiver (permanent hastened-effect), Lieutenant's Helmet (SP:3, protects from fragile), Ring of Sight (protects from blinded), Lens of Speed Reading (Accessory, Allows a scroll to be read in addition to a normal action. Suitable for scroll users.)

Inventory: Flute of the Magi (WP:3, asleep-effect), Healing Staff (WP: 5; healing effect), Staff of Ennon - (WP: 5, Light Elemental, Restores 2 ether on a roll of 2, 3, or 4), Opal (Ice), Topaz (Lightning), Ruby (Fire), Aquamarine (Water), Amethyst (Darkness), Diamond (Light), Sapphire (Wind), Tonic, 3 Grand Tonics, Milk, 2 Meads, 2 Nostrums, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Pickaxe, Shovel, Bedroll, Magic Compass, Magnifying Glass, Potion, Holy Bomb, 2 Remedies, 3 Somas, 3 Phoenix Essences, 3 Grand Potions, Carrot, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sleep, Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Armor Sundering(Reduces target’s SP by 5 and has a 50/50 chance of success), Scroll of Poisoning (Grants target’s weapon the Badly Poisoned effect for one battle at the cost of 5 ether), Scroll of Luck (Grants target the Lucky-effect for one battle. Costs 10 ether.)

Spirits: Skorpios (Amethyst), Ocven the Ice Dragon (Opal), Shalma the Thunderbird (Topaz), Sarp Zarra (Aquamarine), Mandy(Ruby),????? (Diamond)

5909627714_af21b5c29f_t.jpg Nyx (Pandora)

Level 23 Battle Mage *Party Second-in-Command* *Immune to Asleep, Fast Asleep and Sealed effects*

Power: 36

Health: 33/33

Ether: 33/33

Gold: 55

Equipment: Book of a Thousand Creatures (WP:13, each roll has a 1/6 chance to summon a creature to aid the hero), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max. Ether +5, protects from sealed-effect), Sandman's Parasol (Immune to Asleep and Fast Asleep effects), Shiny Helmet (+1 max health)

Inventory: Explosive Staff – WP: 12 (Does 1/2 damage to all enemies on a successful hit (normal damage to targeted enemy) and 1/2 WP damage to self on a roll of 4 (disregarding SP/row)), Dawnstar II (WP: 9), The Fishstick (WP:7 Double damage while on ships), Healing Staff (WP: 5), Monkey Bar (all minions, pets, summons etc are Hastened), Ruby (Fire), Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Sapphire (Wind), Emerald (Wood), Garnet (Earth), Aquamarine (Water), Diamond (Light), Mead, Potion, 2 Tonics, 2 Grand Tonics, Ether Core, Holy Bomb, 2 Bedrolls, 5 Bones, Bomb XX, Spider Leg (WP:8, doubled against flying enemies; spear; unsuitable)

7763856174_8a7636e4b7_t_d.jpg Atramor Gibbin (CallMePie)

Level 22 2/3 *Deals Badly Poisoned* *Counterstriking*

Power: 32

Health: 42/42

Ether: 20/20

Gold: 101

Equipment: Ratsbane (WP: 10, absorbs 2 health on successful strike, fire, ice, earth, wind elemental), Witch's Talisman (Suitable for witches, Posioned Hits become Badly Poisoned Hits, accessory), Counterstrike Gloves (When hit by a Free Hit, immediately deals damage equal to level, handwear), White Cloak (Suitable for clerics, +3 maximum health, backwear)

Inventory: Cat-o'-Nine-Tails (WP:9, damage divided between all enemies, Suitable For Rouges), Sword of Ancestral Hatred (WP: 6, gains 1 WP every kill made with it) Staff of the Elven Warlock (WP: 5, wood elemental), Heavy Flail (WP: 5, deals the Fragile effect)Topaz, Amethyst, Fire Bomb, Bomb XX (Deals 30 damage to all enemies and 10 damage to all heroes, all damage ignoring SP/row), Dragon Scale (Gives Lucky and Blessed effects on consumption), Shovel, Pickaxe

DSCN0008_zps133043fe.jpgTriad
 (NPC)

Level 22 2/3 Ranger
 *Immune to Effects*

Power: 37 (43)

Health: 28/28

Gold: 0

Equipped: Acerpusculum Blade [Acerpusculum Shuriken] (WP: 15 [21, Retrievable], suitable for rangers/rouges, unable to channel magic), Cowl of the Acerpusculum (Headwear, User is Immune to Status Effects)

Inventory: None

copy_of_pict0550.jpgHaldor Skovgaard (Scorpiox)

Level 221/3 Shaman. *Immune to Weakened, Fragile and Blinded*

Power: 38

Defense: 7

Health: 37/37

Ether: 28/28

Gold: 30

Equipment: Zoot er Isen (WP:14, Ice and Light Elemental) Ethereal Cloak (SP:+2, +4 Ether, Blinded Immunity), Pugilist's Gloves (+2 Power, Weakened Immunity), Heavy Armour (SP:+5, Fragile Immunity).

Inventory: Heavy Metal Rod (WP:12, Water Elemental), Bear Claw Gloves (WP:8, SP:+2), Paper Doll (Hexed immunity), Shovel, Pickaxe, Bedroll, Emerald Lamp of Summoning, Scroll of Sealing, Health Core, Potion (x3), Grand Potion, Remedy (x2), Mead (x2), Nostrum (x2), Smelling Salts (x2), Soma (x2), Venom.

skrall_avatar.jpgSkrall (Waterbrick Down)

80 year old Male Ogre Hunter

Level 22 *Party Second-in-Command* *Favors Humanoid and Mechanical Enemies* *Immunity to Fragile*

Power: 42

Defense: 8

Health: 36/36

Gold: 1

Equipment: Hunter's Crossbow (WP:11, +4 vs. Beasts), Hunter's Quiver (Bows and Crossbows +2WP, allows Hunters to favor two types of enemies, back wear), Tricorne (SP: 3, head wear), Heavy Armor (SP: 5, wearer is immune to fragile effect, body wear)

Inventory: Smoke Bomb, Zoot's Plaything, 3x Mead, Grand Potion, Lucky Doubloon (Grants "Special Guard")

ava-thothwick2.jpg Thothwick (Prof. Flitwick)

Level: 20 Black Knight *Damage Undead* *Immune to Stunned*

Power: 30 (28 Ranged)

Defence: 10

Health: 35

Gold: 200

Equipment: Sabre (WP 10), Skull Shield (SP:6; immunity to darkness-elemental damage; suitable to Black Knights only), Black Knight's Armour (SP:4, protects from stunned-effect), Cultist's Hat (regular attacks do Damage to Undead)

Inventory: Shuriken (WP 8) 1 Bedroll, 1 Telescope

Arthur_Sorcerer_Ava1.jpgArthur Justus Regulus VII (Flipz)

Level 18 1/2 Sorcerer, *Immune to Sealed* *Lucky*

Power: 30

Ether: 28/28

Gold: 5

Equipment: Sir Roderick's Sword (WP:12, Longsword), Robe of the Archmagi (SP:3, Max Ether +5, Immune to Sealed), Scarf of Misfortune (Wearer deals the Jinxed effect on every third round, accessory)

Inventory: Equipment: Staff of the Cultist Battlemage (WP: 7, 50% chance of Fleeing upon being KO'd; suitable for Mages and Clerics), Healing Staff (WP:5; heals instead of damaging), Ancient Crown (First successful strike of battle deals Cursed effect, borrowed from Atramor Gibbin)

Gems: Opal (Ice), Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning), Diamond (Light)

Tools: Bedroll, Telescope, Shovel, Magnifying Glass

Consumables: Ether Core, Remedy (x3), Noxious Venom (When used on a weapon, the weapon deals the Badly Poisoned effect for the duration of the battle and the Confused effect for the next three rounds, for the duration of one battle.), Nostrum (x6)

hoke_ableword_1b.jpg Hoke Ablesword (UsernameMDM)

Level 18 1/2 Mystic Knight

Power: 30

Defense: 9

Health: 36/36

Ether: 18/18

Gold: 4

Equipment: Vintul (Great sword: WP 12), Steel Buckler (Shield: SP 7), Cultist Hat (damage vs undead), Warrior's Treads (SP:2, Health +1), Cloak of Deception (Free hits against the wearer have a 1/6 chance to be redirected to a random opponent)

Inventory: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Aquamarine, Amethyst, Diamond, 2 Phoenix Essence, 4 Potions, 2 Grand Tonic, Remedy, Smoke Bomb, Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel, Hollow Blade (Dagger: WP 6)

rone2.jpgDyric Rone (Legonater)

Level 16 1/2 Assassin *Lucky*

Power: 26

Health: 27/27

Gold: 1152

Equipment: Double Chain Whip (WP:10), Loaded Die (permanent lucky-effect; accessory), Sticky Gloves (Increases amount of gold stolen by 50%; handwear)

Inventory: Briar Bow (WP: 11; wood-elemental), Throwing Knife (WP:4, ranged, retrievable), Longsword (WP: 3), Aqua Gear (Adds water-element to physical attacks and protects from water-elemental damage, accessory), Aquamarine (Water), 2 Potions, 3 Grand Potions, Grand Tonic, Elixir, 4 Remedies, Phoenix Essence, Mead, 2 Smelling Salts, 2 Venoms, Smoke Bomb, Skeleton Decoy, 2 Mythril Shards (2/4 of a Mythril), Silver Ore (Worth 60 gold)

DSCN0090_zps08254c59.jpgHans (NPC)

Level 16 Chaos Regulator

Power: 26

Defense: 6

Gold: 56

Equipment: Sword of Dastan (WP: 10), Armor of the Arena (SP: 4), Cast Iron Haddon Guard Helmet (SP: 2)

Inventory: Mead (x2)

DSCN0144_zpsc61596a8.jpgSir Earl Poletad (NPC)

Level 16 Frog Paladin

Power: 16

Health: 16

Ether: 16/16

Gnash.jpgGnash (NPC)

Level 14 City Watch Guard

Power: 22

Defense: 1

Gold: 17

Equipment: City Watch Halberd (WP: 6), City Watch Helmet (SP: 1)

McColt (NPC - Takes orders from PL)

Every turn has a 50/50 chance of giving target any of the following effects: Encouraged, Hastened. Alternatively, has a 1/6 chance of Inspiring target.

Edited by Zepher

She moves towards the female elf.

"Hello, I believe I heard you say to Thothy there that you're Alexis and you're an Evoker? Hi, I'm Nyx. We seem to be swapping stuff around, which is sensible; you use your magics differently, right? Summoning creatures and stuff? I rarely see my summon, so would you like to borrow my Monkey Bar? It will hasten any of your summons, so it might be handy. You'd be most welcome to it, although I would like it back afterwards."

"Ah good to meet you Nyx. I would love to try using that if you don't mind."

Arthur smiles at Alexis as she walks over, a warmth returning to him that had all but vanished since the journey to Ennon. "Perhaps, Alexis, you could help me learn?" He puts his arm over the Evoker's shoulder as he continues. "While we are on the subject of swapping gear, I think that Atramor would be best suited with your Explosive Staff; he would still have the same odds of poisoning all our enemies, while Master Rone could use Alexis' Cat O' Nine Tails for a shot at Assassinating all enemies on every attack of his."

"Yes I could." She says slyly. "Explosive staff?"

Alexis equips the monkey bar, her quiver, then lens, and the helm.

"Ya' can only equip three artifacts at a time, Alexis, and both the Monkey Bar and the Lens are accessories."

"Yes I could." She says slyly. "Explosive staff?"

Alexis equips the monkey bar, her quiver, then lens, and the helm.

Unfortunately the Lens and Monkey Bar are both Accessories; for now, I'd recommend using the Monkey Bar, Quiver, and Helm. :wink:

"A trinket Nyx picked up in Dastan, I believe."