Blakstone

Next CUUSOO set: 21103 Back to the Future™ Time Machine

That's what I'm talking about. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Keep watching Eurobricks and you might get an early review :wink: .

:oh:

Does this belong in Community, or should it go in Special LEGO Themes or Licensed?

-Sci

Wow. We really are that fickle about minifigs.

I doubt I'll be picking up this one

After looking at the somewhat better picture. The bricks with the dates on them seems to be incorrect. It says 1958, when it should say 1955. Hope thats just a mistake in the picture and not the actual tile.

While I'm a little disappointed like others here over that stepped hood, I think it's something that we can mod to our liking easily enough, and the overall set is still quite desirable, both for parts and for most aspects of the build, even with the minifigures aside. With them, I think it'll be a must-have. :)

It'd be truly delightful if there were other sets to go with it, but if not, there's always the silver lining that LEGO Back to the Future will be one easy theme to collect in its entirety if it consists of a single set... :tongue:

It'd be truly delightful if there were other sets to go with it, but if not, there's always the silver lining that LEGO Back to the Future will be one easy theme to collect in its entirety if it consists of a single set... :tongue:

But, technically, it's part of the Cuusoo theme. :poke:

After looking at the somewhat better picture. The bricks with the dates on them seems to be incorrect. It says 1958, when it should say 1955. Hope thats just a mistake in the picture and not the actual tile.

January 28 1958 was when the Lego stud and tube system was patented :wink:

Edited by riversarl

Lego should make a Lego Back To The Future movie where they accidentally stop Lego from existing. They go back to the future to a dystopian society where MegaBloks is the main brick on the streets. Of course this leads to horrible crime and corruption because everyone's pissed off at the quality. So they have to go back to the past again and stop old Biff from giving young Biff the Bricks Almanack which lead Biff to being able to stop Lego's rise.

etc etc etc...

The stepped hood bothered me when I first saw it, not because I felt it ruined the model but rather because I simply couldn't understand the reason for the change (I wondered if the 8x6 slope element had been discontinued sometime when I wasn't paying attention, and even then I couldn't see why a 6x6 tile and a hinge plate couldn't serve the same purpose). Now, knowing that this will include instructions for separate "modules" to modify it into the versions from Part II and Part III, I am really pleased with the model.

Looking at the pics here, the figs look great, as do the unique printed elements on the interior. The working gull-wing doors are a great touch. I also love that it uses the 2x2 steering wheel rather than the undersized classic one. Overall, I'm very much looking forward to this set and expect it to sell very well.

Now, knowing that this will include instructions for separate "modules" to modify it into the versions from Part II and Part III, I am really pleased with the model.

After seeing the hood I was also in doubt whether I would take a set, but the minifigs and what was quoted from Aanchir made me change my mind. :-)

and even then I couldn't see why a 6x6 tile and a hinge plate couldn't serve the same purpose

They could use a studded plate then.

I guess they tried several things but it is strange they couldn't achieve better than that.

Or they just knew that anyway we would buy it :laugh:

(which is my case)

That's a relief that it includes minifigs, it would be quiet empty without them. But Marty should have a hoverboard, not an ordinary skateboard with wheels! It's 2015 man!

I'm curious what alteration for the 3 models of the DeLorean will be. I guess nuclear engine/mr. Fusion, but maybe train wheels as well?

I'm not a fan of BTTF-fan and wouldn't buy this model anyways, so the minifigs dosen't change my opinion much and instead I must say I thinkt the model is just quite uggly.

The original cuusoo-project wasn't superclean either, but the officiall version is just so much worse with the steped hood. I'm a little suprised by how much the opinions of the whole set changed just by the addition of the minifigs...

I'm not a fan of BTTF-fan and wouldn't buy this model anyways, so the minifigs dosen't change my opinion much and instead I must say I thinkt the model is just quite uggly.

The original cuusoo-project wasn't superclean either, but the officiall version is just so much worse with the steped hood. I'm a little suprised by how much the opinions of the whole set changed just by the addition of the minifigs...

For the record, I and some others have had our opinions changed for reasons other than the minifigures, such as the knowledge of why it has the stepped hood in the first place (to allow for it to be converted into the Part II and Part III versions). That, for many people, is the kind of knowledge that moves it from "inexplicable design screw-up" to "necessary sacrifice".

For the record, I and some others have had our opinions changed for reasons other than the minifigures, such as the knowledge of why it has the stepped hood in the first place (to allow for it to be converted into the Part II and Part III versions). That, for many people, is the kind of knowledge that moves it from "inexplicable design screw-up" to "necessary sacrifice".

I agree to an extent I mean at least we have a reason for the why the hood looks so bad. The other side of the argument though is why did this version (BTTF2) and the other version (BTTF1) have to suffer such an ugly hood so that you could add parts to the Delorian from BTTF3? I have to think that they could have had a non stepped hood in those versions and still made a way to add parts to make the BTTF3 version of the car with the equipment on the hood. Obviously I don't know how it is all constructed and will look into once I get the set but it seems they could have put a couple studded pieces in the center and an extra piece on the front outside of the hood to attach tiles across the hood and make it all even.

I will be getting the set as I have always planned to do but as I had said earlier I just expected more from the set once the Lego designers got their hands on it.

I think I was also disaapointed by the design when I first saw it, but I am going to refrain from passing judgment until I have it in hand. I love BTTF, so am really looking forward to this.

All of you that just can't accept the hood design could always change that into part 4515 yourselfs ;-)!

All of you that just can't accept the hood design could always change that into part 4515 yourselfs ;-)!

Yeah, but it's not original then... ;-)

Personally I agree. People who don't like the hood can always view the set as a BTTF parts pack with Doc and Marty with most of the parts for the car.

I may personally try to mod the hood but I'm not sure if the hood needed to be sloped. Sure the real life counter part has a slopled hood, but maybe a flat hood would look alright.

Well, whaddaya know? Looks like all of my theories were right on the mark. :laugh: Analyzing the model closely it looks like they've actually modified the set from its prototype: some parts are a different color; the top machine bit (made with binoculars) now uses a 2x2 jumper instead of a 1x2; and the back 'vents/thrusters' of the DeLorean are no longer constructed with minifigure legs. Otherwise it retains its previous look, obviously.

To be honest I do wish the hood was built differently, but TLG's team did fairly well considering they A. had to abide by the 'three variants' thing as proposed, B. were only allowed to use parts currently in-stock and C. had to get a smooth hood and the front windshield pylons on the same surface (which might've been the other biggest factor in the design team going with the stepped hood). Of course I'll be taking a crack at potential hood modifications/solutions once I get my hands on this. Making a smoother sloped hood that's still compatible with the set's parts seems like a fun challenge to me. :devil:

Can't wait to get this set! And looking forward to that potential 'early review' someone talked about earlier...

Edited by Canticleer blues