Blakstone

Next CUUSOO set: 21103 Back to the Future™ Time Machine

Just called LEGO Direct and my nearest LEGO Store in the United States, and I got confirmation that there is no confirmation. Both didn't know the release dates, and the store said it may be August or September 1st...

This is heavy.

Oh no, I hope I am wrong, but I think Ive noticed a spelling error on the flux capacitor piece/sticker, It should read: "Shield eyes from light". Upon closer inspection I think that the lego version has spelt 'shield' incorrectly, unless its my bad eye sight LOL, the way they seem to have spelt it seems to either be 'shild or sheild' from the angle I can see it at, (this will definitely not stop me from buying this set though). :classic:

Sharp eye there Kez :sweet:! Question sent to TLG!

Just called LEGO Direct and my nearest LEGO Store in the United States, and I got confirmation that there is no confirmation. Both didn't know the release dates, and the store said it may be August or September 1st...

This is heavy.

Maybe September in the US, because August Store Calendar does not show LEGO CUUSOO BTTF

Maybe September in the US, because August Store Calendar does not show LEGO CUUSOO BTTF

And that's if it gets released in stores. The Minecraft one wasn't in stores at release, and it wasn't on the June 2012 calender. If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits the 8th month, you're gonna see some serious stuff for this set. :tongue:

Okay, I'm done butchering BTTF quotes. :grin:

have they explained why they murdered the hood? Otherwise its a really cool set... its just that the original casts it in its shadow.

Because the official set includes additional modules to make it into the version from BTTF Part III. On the original Cuusoo model this would have been impossible because there were zero connection points on the hood — the Part III version on the Cuusoo page simply had the parts sitting there, which would not have been satisfactory in an official set.

I've seen the term "Illegal connection" a few times to describe this, but I think we need to remind ourselves that an illegal connection tends to be specifically an instance where parts are under stress. The Cuusoo model did not have this issue — rather than parts being connected too firmly, the issue was that the parts on top of the hood were not connected at all..

I think the disappointment we've seen from some people regarding this set points out something about the Cuusoo platform — namely, it is easy for the proposal to be misleading even if no custom parts or illegal connections are used. Careful photography can make a model look beautiful even if it fails in terms of stability or basic functionality. This is why TLG re-designs proposals before they are released as sets. Certainly, the AFOL community makes some fantastic MOCs, but there's a difference between MOCing and set design.

Anyway, glad such a beautiful set gets an equally-beautiful packaging design. I do see a few small rendering errors — for instance, these parts do not line up with the Technic beams on the chassis which they are supposed to be attached to. But these are not particularly misleading. The "Sheild" typo is sadly probably present in the final model (just as "powerfull" appeared on a printed tile in a Kingdoms set), but I don't think it will detract from the model's value too much. I hope we soon get more images showing off the modular add-ons and perhaps some interior shots. I also look forward to reading the final press release!

Its a nice theme, i like a lot this movie, but with this image, i feeling that miss something in the deLoren, the original version looks better then this one. Btw, i try to buy one for me :laugh:

Sharp eye there Kez :sweet:! Question sent to TLG!

Thanks, I look forward to hearing the result so please post it here when you get the reply, nevertheless Im still going to buy it. :classic:

(Im actually surprised with this find, I normally wear glasses and my eye sight isn't the best LOL :laugh: )

I went from "I am so gonna get this" (Cuusoo review win) to "not gonna get this" (first pictures with bad hood) to "now gonna get this again" because of the cute minifigs and the piece count. It doesn't look like 401 pieces, so the model may turn out bigger than my expectations. Since they have a printed flux capacitor, they so need a tile that says 88 mph.

I hope the set is still available when a good S@H promo polybag comes along.

The way the front window (or lack thereof) is attached (or actually it is completely loose) is pretty lame...

So many people already have so many insightful thoughts on how bad this and that are :hmpf_bad: . Maybe one should wait a bit until we see the whole design and model!

So many people already have so many insightful thoughts on how bad this and that are :hmpf_bad: . Maybe one should wait a bit until we see the whole design and model!

Completely agree, so many models over the past few years don't get justice through the LEGO photos. I'm real life the model will most likely look great.

I haven't seen this image before: http://toysnbricks.c...-Cuusoo-Pre.jpg

So it seems there is a tile on the dashboard for the time dates, but the 88 mph is shown by the very common 3070bp07 bley printed tile.

Quote: "Instructions give the opportunity to add details to the car to modify it into 3 different versions, that represent the 3 different movies."

I am not impressed. The hood and the roof of the passenger compartment look horrible. I'm a fan of the movies and was really looking forward to seeing this set come out, but TLG could have really done better with this set.

only somewhat resembles the car, helps if you squint and shake your head back and forth, but I love BTTF and am going to get this one.

Great Scott!! Thanks for the his-res pics, GRogall!

I hope this is available for order here in the U.S. soon.

Hi

i, like many others i do not like the hood. Not because the stairs-design but because the lights that can be seen from above. On the real car AND the Cuusoo MOC those have been hidden/covered.

Marty looks niceand smart, but the Doc looks to happy. There should be only two faces: Grumpy and mad :)

Dino

The Minifigures are great! :thumbup: the DeLorean :sick:

Yep, that's about right. It's a shame they didn't build it closer to the original proposed model (but I understand the illegal connection issue).

Edited by eurotrash

I knew I was going to get one of these the moment I heard it was the next Cuusoo set. I don't care that the model doesn't look good, it's the very fact that it's BTTF that makes me want one. Anyone have a US price yet?

Anyone have a US price yet?

No price is confirmed, but judging by the European price and the Minecraft price, $35.

Those offical hi-res images look great! Makes me think: with these being handed out and with the sets supposedly arriving in Lego store stockrooms today, the release of this set might not be all that far off!

Also have to say, I'm getting really tired of all the hood complaints. There's a reason for why it looks the way it does and it has to do with functionality over aesthetics (check a certain post on pg. 11 of this thread if you don't believe me :wink: ), and at this point I've totally come to terms with why Lego's designers made it the way they did. At the very least if it's really bothersome you could always rebuild the hood; this is Lego after all.

At any rate, everything's looking up! Can't wait for that review that'll be coming up soon! :devil:

The vehicle makes me laugh.

Why? Because it´s makes you feel all warm & fuzzy inside of joy or ....?