Kez

A Life Size Lego Bag End Brought To Life

It took a team of 12 model shop employees 3,000 hours to build this life size model of the LEGO Bag End set. In addition to containing over 2 million 1×1 bricks this model has working lights in the fireplace and over the bookstand as well as a chimney that really smokes!

To those of you who don't want to watch the video you can just have a look at the pictures of this amazing creation on this link

Bag End 1

*oh2* That thing's a masterpiece!

Any idea where it's going?

Presumably a toy convention like NYTF or maybe somewhere else, who knows

That is fantastic! It is amazing what can be built with LEGO with enough time, people and bricks.

Props to the designers and builders!

What country was this built in?

Andy D

Dear lord. That is astounding! All those bricks... I've seen other huge scale Lego creations, (Not in person) but seeing them make one really puts it into perspective.

Also, seeing those minifig goblets and shovels and stuff in such a scale was kinda... trippy. For lack of a better word. :head_back:

*oh2* *oh2* Absolutely impressive work :thumbup: :thumbup: How I wish I could have something like this at home :wub_drool: :wub_drool:

While they allready knew what to build it means : 3000hours/12 builders/37 hour week = 6,7 days to build the lot!

Pretty impressive, I must say - even with unlimited bricks and no-one to bug ya

Now if someone would just pay me a decent salery and not bug me for a week, I could ..

Also, 6,7 days x 37 hour x 60 minutes x 60 seconds. That's 892440 seconds to put down 2.000.000 1x1 bricks, or one each 0,44 second for twelve builders = 27 seconds for each builder ... and that's just the 1x1

And now, I'm drunk - don't take my calculations for good :grin:

Un-freaking-believable! I am always amazed at these huge scale creations. It's cool seeing all the food accessories and single elements in such a huge scale. I'd buy it. :grin: How awesome would it be to have a large scale version of your favorite set.

Meh, I won't be impressed untill they do Helm's Deep.

j/k, it's amazing. :tongue:

This is indeed amazing, and I love all the "little" details they put into it !

The numbers are a bit off though; it took about 2,5 million bricks (not 1x1, but in total) and they did it in 6 weeks time with a team that had a minimum of 12 people but was expanded to as much as 50 people at some points in the build !

I find it astonishing, making a model 20-times the size of a set, and keeping all the details. I really like the how they did the rounded windows. Despite having an unlimited amount of bricks, this is still an impressive job, just maximizing some of the elements. I'd like to see it in person, if it's on exhibition somewhere.

That's just unbelievable. For me the stand-outs are the minifigures and the chimney which actually works. Bag End itself looks amazing with all of the food, maps and books built to a life-size scale. :wink:

Watching how they built it, it's obvious that it is intended as some sort of traveling display. Have we heard any reports of where it may actually be putting in an appearance? One of the cons? Or maybe a traveling mall show? I would love to see the thing.

That's amazing!!!!

Screw you college, I am going to become someone of them!

So, erm, where do I have to start? :laugh:

JK, but I would love to see this in real life !

Just looking at the pic and first thought was they didn't put the stickers on and we all know that's the hard part.

Meh. It's nice enough but what we really want is Minas Tirith. And Sting shouldn't be there yet, that's a complete break of continuity. Meh, I say. :wink: