Henchmen4Hire

City Ambulance (Type-2)

Based on pictures of a sporty Dodge Sprinter Ambulance, though the wide nose makes it look like a "normal" van-ambulance. Eh, still good!

Added as much detail as I could figure out from pictures, 8-wide is perfect for that :) I haven't added the sliding door because I'm not sure how to do that, any tips are welcome!

-All doors can open

-Fans/Vents (the grey circles with openings opposite them on the outer wall)

-Oxygen port/power outlet (the green & red tile and grey circle on the inner wall)

-Power Outlet near driver door (outer wall)

-Board storage space behind passenger seat (I don't know what it's for but it fits!)

-Oxygen tank storage in rear under the bench

-Bunch of medicine/bandages/gloveboxes? on the wall

-Chair/step storage? in rear on wall (fold down glass compartment)

-Lights according to reference pics

-Engine greeble under the sloped hood

-ProCare colors (from reference pic, I'd rather use stickers though for a more efficient use of bricks)

-Fits stretcher with patient

-Fits a bunch of minifigures

-Pistol-grip shifter for the driver because pistol grips are cool xD

-Other stuff I forgot or don't know what it is lol

amb1.png

amb4.png

amb2.jpg

amb3.jpg

amb5.jpg

amb6.jpg

Really nice work :thumbup: :thumbup: , very well detailed interior :wink:

i really like the back half, you've packed an incredible amount of detail in it. I normally stay away from 8 wide vehicles in my LEGO City, but I've been planning an ambulance build and I'm starting to think I might have to go from 6 wide to 8 wide just to add more play features. If I do, I'll probably make it more of a medium duty truck chasis, but that's just me.

I agree with LegoBobby that the front part looks a bit too agressive for a typical ambulance/van. I think it is the height of the windshield. What piece(s) did you use for that? It almost looks like two 4-wide windscreens, but I can't tell in the pictures. Unfortunately, in 8 wide I can't think of a better option than this. Other than that, it looks really good. I really like the front bumper as well, it's really just the low windshield height that is throwing me off.

Thanksssss folks!

Yep, it definitely looks like an armored van, and I agree it's because of the narrow windows. Luckily I built this this thing to be moddable without too much trouble. The interior can easily be gutted by switching a few bricks from the walls to have a completely open space inside, then adjust to your liking. So, you can easily transform this into any kind of service vehicle you want. :classic: Could be a school bus, prisoner transport, etc.

Here are pictures of the Sprinter, there's only so much I can do with LEGO: http://www.edmunds.com/dodge/sprinter/

I'll try making the windshield taller (it's two 4-wide pieces), though I think that's going to get rid of the roof's slope above the windshield. I'd rather just get rid of them and leave empty space there though. We'll see!

i really like the back half, you've packed an incredible amount of detail in it. I normally stay away from 8 wide vehicles in my LEGO City, but I've been planning an ambulance build and I'm starting to think I might have to go from 6 wide to 8 wide just to add more play features. If I do, I'll probably make it more of a medium duty truck chasis, but that's just me.

Yep, 8-wide vehicles like this look a liiiiitle weird in the official 6-wide City scale, you'd have to scale up the buildings and roads accordingly to have everything mesh. It also helps to add a 1x1 plate under the minifigures' feet heh. I think a 6/7-wide front with an 8-wide cab works well for most City displays.