Sign in to follow this  
Electricsteam

Favorite G1 Bionicle Set?

I have to say Mata Nui. I did like the figure and the story of him is very good when they got into him more during the Glatorian theme.

I think there was a favorite CCBS set thread but I'm not sure about a Gen 1 topic and I decided to keep this out of the Gen 1 Discussion to keep things cleaner over there. :P

I liked the first Pohatu(8531). While the rest had moving arms he was built reversed and had Kicking Action!

Maybe a weird opinion but I really liked mask of light era Macku. She's my favorite matoran and the set has consistently been displayed somewhere since I got it. (I also shipped Macku/Hewkii so hard)

Good guy. Hands down.

To be serious, I loved Vezon and Fenraak, but mostly for the storyline character of Vezon.

For build, Maxilos and Spinax scores top points, with 08 Takanuva a top contender.

Edited by legozebra

Good guy. Hands down.

To be serious, I loved Vezon and Fenraak, but mostly for the storyline character of Vezon.

For build, Maxilos and Sponax scores top points, with 08 Takanuva a top contender.

Totally with you on 08 Takanuva for build. That's probably the reason Witch Doctor is my favorite build of CCBS because I definately see similarities between the two.

A similar topic already exists, but it's quite old. Perhaps Veebs will want to merge these two topics.

Anyways, my favourite set is Brutaka, except his upper legs, I think it's an excellent set.

Icarax, by far. So much nostalgia for that figure. Ever since I saw the product shots of him, I was eagerly awaiting his release.

And he didn't disappoint. I should think about making a CCBS Icarax for nostalgia's sake.

The Tahu alarm clock. I got it around 2004-2007 at a sale and it's still working perfectly. Also, it's the sturdiest alarm clock I've ever had.

Icarax, by far. So much nostalgia for that figure. Ever since I saw the product shots of him, I was eagerly awaiting his release.

And he didn't disappoint. I should think about making a CCBS Icarax for nostalgia's sake.

Icarax has always interested me, but I can never get over his lanky arms...

I really don't know why, but my favourite Gen 1 set would have to be Takadox. He wasn't the first Bionicle I ever got, or even the first Barraki I got (I liked all the Barraki for the fact all their builds were different, a refreshing change from the repetitiveness of 2001-2006 canister sets), but from the moment I saw him in a LEGO Club magazine in 2007, I guess I kinda fell in love with his creepy insect-like looks, and he became somewhat like my sigfig for 6 or 7 years, until my current one came along that is. I know, I bought about 6 of him and even imported the McDonald's toy of him from America. I even made white and gunmetal versions of him :look:

Favourite Titan set is probably Karzahni, or one of the 2006 Titan sets (can't decide which one).

Oh, I have too many favourites to be honest :tongue:

A similar topic already exists, but it's quite old. Perhaps Veebs will want to merge these two topics.

Anyways, my favourite set is Brutaka, except his upper legs, I think it's an excellent set.

Oh, haha, I didn't know but that'd be fine. :P

As already stated back then, Axonn wins in my book. My trusty Self-MOC even started out as a modded Axonn until Phantoka Kopaka and Gelu came around to redefine his overall design (and later, the CCBS to improve his poseability).

I'm also very fond of Gelu, Gresh and Lewa Nuva.

Oh, all of this talk is purely set-wise. I never really got into the story of Bionicle.

Icarax and the '08 Takanuva are two of the sets I want most in my collection. But as I don't own them, they can't be my favorites...yet.

Looking through all of the sets, two really stood out to me. I really like Krika, both story-wise and the overall look of him. He struck a cord with me.

On the other side of things, Cahdok & Gahdok were fantastic, detailed builds from Bionicle's infancy, and their function works really well.

There are far too many runners-up to mention.

It's really hard to choose just one but if I had to it would be Axxon. He is just a solid titan all around and although his hands are huge, they allowed for great possibility.

Dekar. An odd choice, I know, but I loved his look and colours, and his mask went on to be part of my self-MOC, who himself started life as a "Toa Dekar".

I also really liked Kazi, Jaller and Gukko, Jaller Mahri, Brutaka, Matau Metru, Vakama Hordika, Axonn, and Mata Nui (Glatorian). I'll also always have a soft spot for Tanma and his fellow Karda Matoran buddies.

EDIT: Add Toa Lhikan and Kikanalo.

Edited by Lord-Vorahk