L-DI-EGO

[MOC] L-DI-EGO's INCOM T-65 X-wing Starfighter

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

8275348881_6b0277d8ef_z.jpg

Hello everyone. After a long time I have returned with a “new” MOC.

The idea came some years ago, when I noticed the several inaccuracies in the official X-wing models. I already had the first two sets, but at some point I realized that the official models have enough inaccuracies to justify upcoming re-releases.

So I started to think how a proper LEGO X-wing should be for me. I began with a simple LDD file which I showed two years ago here in EuroBricks. But after that I noticed my model was really unstable, so I decide to redesign the entire MOC until I was happy with it.

And was very hard to be happy with the WIP, because that redesign took me a lot of time, and the final result has almost nothing in common with that first .lxf file.

After delaying more than two years, that amount of time even looks wasted if you take in consideration that I still have the official versions. And the MOC is nothing new due the high number of great T-65 MOCs around the internet.

Here are the pictures:

8276414230_4a86d04fc3_z.jpg

8276413432_e331e9d07a_z.jpg

8276413336_64318ef90c_z.jpg

-The cockpit can be opened and you can sit a minifg inside. There is also a targeting computer adapted for minifigs.

-The S-foils can be opened manually like the first LEGO X-wing.

-The landing gear can be retracted from the nose and the wings, like the “real” one.

-The cargo bay door can be opened, although there’s no so much space inside.

8275348475_3d2bf40b3b_z.jpg

Thanks for your time, I hope you like it. As always, every comment is welcome. :classic:

Gallery:

Version 1.0 (2010)

Version 2.0 (2012)

Great work :thumbup: :thumbup:

I really like this X-wing that is very well detailed :wub:

Beautiful creation :wub: and I agree......cool and clever targeting computer 'L-DI-EGO' ! :grin:

Excellent designing and with more realistic flashback reflectors on the laser canons too ! :grin:

Brick On with the Force 'L-DI-EGO' ! :sweet:

Luke, you've switched off your targeting computer! Whats wrong?

As mentioned, love the targeting computer. The width of the fuselage also feels "right", a little more to scale thanTLG's. You even managed to depict the T separation on the engine intakes.

All in all a great moc with great attention to details :thumbup:

Have yoy tried to put the official cockpit windscreen? It´s not totaly exact but yours is a little big and disproporcionated. The body is perfect.

I remember your original model in LDD from when you first posted it, and I'm excited to see that you've refined your design and built it with physical bricks.

The nose is what stands out to me. I think the combination of the 3x12 wedge plate and the angled tiles running down the center of the nose might be a little large or exaggerated, but they do a great job of capturing the feel of the area, and I think you've perfectly translated the shapes of the craft into shapes that can be built with LEGO. :thumbup:

Have yoy tried to put the official cockpit windscreen? It´s not totaly exact but yours is a little big and disproporcionated. The body is perfect.

The piece used on official sets is inaccurate; it's modeled after the cockpit of the Y-wing. It's one of my biggest complaints with TLG's X-wing and Snowspeeder sets.

Excellent work! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I had noticed it on Brickshelf and I really loved it! Now better images and it looks like a mini UCS! I hope to see others in that style (Snowspeeder?)

-DL824

Thank you everyone for the comments. :laugh:

[...]This should be sold as a set, if it is stable enough.

Sadly, it isn’t stable enough to play with it. It wouldn’t be a great set.

You have an LDD for this? Its sooooooooooooooo great! :classic:

Or tell me what do you want for it! ;)

I have one. But, after the LDD redesign, I corrected several things in the physical model, so they are not the same MOC. The lxf. versions are also more unstable. And I wouldn’t recommend you to build this on your own; the final MOC has about 1.200 bricks. :sceptic:

[...] I hope to see others in that style (Snowspeeder?)[...]

All the T-47 MOCs I have seen are already great, so it would not be my first option for future MOCs. But thanks anyway for the suggestion. :wink:

That's a great X-Wing MOC. But there's two thing I don't like about this model.

1. The cockpit canopy. The cockpit canopy doesn't flow well with the body and it looks like just a bunch of

parts putted together.

2. The upper section of the nose. It's kind of looks unfinished and very exposed.

Edited by ArmstrongYong

The use of Technic liftarms on the fuselage is really distracting with their round ends, and it also bothers me that you didn't straighten out the flashback supressors on the laser cannons before taking pics. I also dislike the use of bricks to make the canopy. The official X-wing style canopy is more than sufficient, IMO, even if it's not as square as it should be. Other than those points, it's a pretty nice MOC. :classic:

@lytliew @millenniumf, the OP hasn't visited since 2014 and the thread hasn't been touched since 2015.  I don't think you're going to get a reply.