gallery_101_23_281.gif

Minifigs: General Kenobi, Captain Rex, 2 Commando Droids

Build: BARC-speeder and Separatist speeder

Price: € 29.99

Subtheme: The Clone Wars

Pieces: Not Specified on the European box

Release: Winter 2013

Front of the box.

It's a medium sized box and it has the new green Yoda box layout like all the new winter sets have. Little Minifigure box in the bottom right corner (like most sets).

img_0155.jpg

Close up of the minifigure window.

Captain Rex has the new Phase 2 outfit, Kenobi has also a new outfit :tongue:

The Commando Droids we already saw in set 9488.

img_0156.jpg

Side view of the box.

Like all the boxes it shows how large the minifigures are in real life. The "NEW!" reminds us again that there are some minifigures in the box :wub: .

img_0157.jpg

Back side of the box.

On the left side it shows the ability to turn the sidecar around and fire some flick missiles. On the right side it shows a little speeder pursuit and a side and top view of the BARC.

img_0158.jpg

Contents of the box.

We have 2 plastic bags roughly the same size, a sticker sheet and the construction manual.

img_0159.jpg

Close up of the sticker sheet.

Not too many stickers in my opinion.

img_0160.jpg

Close up of the construction manual.

img_0163.jpg

Here we see bag number 1 and his contents. Looking forward to the new Rex and Kenobi! :cry_happy:

It's composed of the minifigures and the Separatist speeder.

img_0161.jpgimg_0164.jpg

That's why I'll do the minifigures first :laugh:.

To build up some excitement we have the Commando Droids first :tongue:.

Nothing new to mention here.

They are my first ones and I like them alot. Their heads are great and even the little red dot is present :wub:.

img_0165.jpg

Here we have the NEW Captain Rex and General Kenobi :wub:

Captain Rex looks really great with his phase 2 armor on. Nicely detailed torso (even with some dirt on his torso) and legprinting.

Obi Wan looks nice too, his hear is not new, but his head (imho) looks better then the previous one (don't know if it's new). His torso and legs have some decent and lovely printing.

img_0167.jpg

Front view without the helmet and hair.

Rex his face looks nice, don't know if it's new though. His armpiece is charming, we hadn't gotten a new one in this color yet.

img_0168.jpg

Back view.

Obi Wan gets an angry expression as his double printed head. Rex doesn't get a second one (he already looks angry :tongue: ).

Rex has a really detailed back printing, again with some dirt on it. Obi Wan's is simple, but he doesn't need more.

The only thing that bothers me is the new "skirt" Rex weares, he almost looks like Asajj Ventress with his hips like that :laugh:. I liked the plastic version more.

img_0169.jpg

A close up of the new helmet.

It's awesome! some many detailes, even the lines on the sides marking his victims. :thumbup::wub:

No printing on the back.

img_0171.jpgimg_0172.jpg

This is what you get halfway trough bag 1.

img_0182.jpgimg_0183.jpg

When finished it looks like this. It resembles Count Dooku's speeder from Episode II, or is this a different one (maybe just the colors)?

img_0184.jpgimg_0185.jpg

Now we move onto the next plastic bag. Bag number 2. It contains the pieces for building the BARC with sidecar.

img_0162.jpgimg_0187.jpg

When you are finished building the first part it looks like this.

img_0192.jpgimg_0194.jpg

The second part is the sidecar.

img_0195.jpgimg_0196.jpg

Together they form this beautiful new BARC-Speeder! :wub:

It was a surprise that the speeder is almost double the length of the other BARC's we got until now, and with a sidecar it's even bigger.

img_0197.jpgimg_0198.jpg

At last the set is fully assembled.

img_0199.jpg

Last picture are the spare parts.

Like always we got some extra droid arms. Nice to see that we have a spare lightsaber hilt :thumbup:

The rest of the parts are usefull too.

img_0200.jpg

As per request some aditional pictures of how the rotating works :classic:

This piece is the only connection between the speeder and sidecar, it also rotates the sidecar.

img_0253.jpg

This constructon prevents the sidecar from rotating the other way and help the sidecar to align correctly with the rest of the speeder.

img_0254.jpgimg_0255.jpg

Now I'll try to give the set a rating.

Playability: 9/10 - It is a fun set, you have minifigures from both sides and both sides have a vehicule. Great for having a speeder chase!

Design: 9/10 - The design is pretty good, both speeders resembles their cartoon counterparts really well.

Price: 8/10 - I think the price is ok, you get some nice minifigures and two speeders.

Minifigures: 8/10 - The minifigures are lovely. The droids are nothing new, but Kenobi and especially Rex are awesomely detailed.

Parts: 8/10 - We get some very nice parts, lots of dark red and blue parts.

Overall: 42/50 - This is a very nice set, both the speeders and the minifigures are it's main assets! :thumbup:

I hoped you enjoyed my review! :sweet:

Thanks again for these reviews! I'm really happy that Obi-Wan got double sided head printing just like Ahsoka did. It looks much better than their old Clone Wars faces. :wub: Rex looks amazing too, the only thing that could make him better would be a visor.

It was a pleasure :)

Just saw that I forgot to add the name of the set in the title, and it seems I can't edit it myself :(

If a kind moderator could do this, I would be very thankfull.

How about a pic or two (or text) showing how the flip around sidecar function works? I can't figure it out from the back of the box.

Other than that omission, fine review.

Thanks again for the review!

This set is great! New Rex and Obi-wan! :wub:

Now I am stuck in a dilemma, is it possible to have an army of Rex(es) and Obi-wan(s)? :sceptic:

great review!

and the obi-wan face is new, rex his face isn't.

6537555970967695.jpg

I think we can say the flitknot speeder of Dooku is the same, apart from color scheme.

Edited by TWP

Another great review! Rex looks fantastic. I just wish TLC would work out a way for droids legs to be moved seperately as that is a constant irritant for me with such sets!

I think as far as licensed sets go in terms of price, this one is quite reasonable for what you get!

Thanks for another review Moexy.

I must ask thought as it is hard to see in the pictures, can the new ep. III clone helmets not have headgear accessories?

I must ask thought as it is hard to see in the pictures, can the new ep. III clone helmets not have headgear accessories?

It doesn't have any holes like the phase 1 helmets have, so you can't add any of the headgear accessories :cry_sad:

I'll make some extra pics tomorrow from the BARC speeder and the flip around sidecar function.

Thanks 'Moexy' for this review.....dam it I was going to buy anymore SW or CW stuff.....but I might have to make a rule to the exception here.....those AWESOME minifigs and cool speeders :wub: , only downside.......the blasted DSS. :blush:

The out-rigging for the sidecar......is that a new technic part ?

Like I wrote....might be the only set I might consider buying next year.....it could join the Nightspeeder in my small SW collection. :blush:

Not sure about the speeder, it's certainly unique but the episode it was in doesn't stand out for me.

However, that Captain Rex is too nice to pass up...

@Moexy, the reason that Rex's Kama looks weird is because you don't have it on correctly. You need to bend it further forward, the loops at the edges should come up from the front of the legs, thus making it tighter, similar to the one from the Elite Clone & Commando Droid bp

@Moexy, the reason that Rex's Kama looks weird is because you don't have it on correctly. You need to bend it further forward, the loops at the edges should come up from the front of the legs, thus making it tighter, similar to the one from the Elite Clone & Commando Droid bp

You are right! Thanx :)

Does Rex helmet come with holes on the side? Im thinking maybe the extra scope from bobba fett might fit him.

Neat little set. Although I wish it had come with a Togruta to help better set the scene. No matter how much I try I just can't bring myself to count battle droids as figs.

I still like the old one better. Plus, you got headlights!