Sign in to follow this  
Strikeman

FanWelt 2012 in 600+ pictures

I've uploaded all my pictures (without moderation, so there will be some unfocused ones) on Brickshelf; after about five days (never had to wait that long :() the folder has just been made public.

All pictures are in the range of 1600x1200 so I'm not going to link any of them here directly.

The gallery is up here: http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=518203

If you want to have the original file of a photo you like, please shoot me a private message with an email address and I'll send it to you ASAP.

The original photos are 18 megapixel, the ones in the "More-Pictures" submap are 8 megapixel because my battery went dead by the end of the show and I had to change over to my cellphone camera.

A few of my personal favourites:

LABOR 21 by Jörg Kempe - there are no words to describe this. Really, I'm not kidding. Check the 15 or so pictures that I took of this, this guy made something incredible; I talked to him, he hadn't shown it anywhere on the net yet but I feel like he really should; he has made something exceptional ! Just look at those waterfalls ! The human base inside the mountain can be lit in different colours by turning knobs and the kids were having a blast (making it difficult for me to take pictures as well but I managed anyway :)) This diorama deserves it's own topic.

Der Kölner Dom - this is a real piece of art

Segway parade - the amount of plates on this diorama is unbelievable

Red brick building - somebody went all out with the 1x2 plates :)

Europe relief map - can you find all the little MOCs ?

maydayartist his big medieval landscape - one of the main reasons for me to go. Too bad I haven't seen madayartist himself there, but your stuff rocks man ! (link to his thread with build progress)

the massive LOTR diorama - was already shown on this forum but can not remember the link - it's huge

Star Wars (ep1?) pod race stadium - awesome and giant !!

There was lots and lots more cool stuff; I absolutely loved the change to see the models from Barman, Jurgen Krooshoop and Dennis Bosman and the models from Bricksonwheels are even more impressive in real life, as I expected :-)

Very nice to meet everyone that I met, all the builders were very approachable and were happy to answer questions or go in-depth into their used techniques; I'll definitely be back ! :-)

Thanks for ruining my Sunday morning! :laugh: I had already seen some of the stuff that was shown in Cologne and got a tad sad that I didn't attend but know I'm really angry with myself for not going, especially considering I went to Cologne a week later. Next time there'll be no excuses, this just looks too awesome! Thanks for all the pictures!

I totally agree with you on that amazing waterfall creation. I snuck away from the AFOL night on Saturday to have a long look around the hall with less people around, and I was just mesmerised by the beauty of that thing. It's absolutely gorgeous (and massive!), and pictures obviously don't do it justice by any means.

That medieval diorama is fantastic as well, especially the river and all the houses mounted at different angles.

I've got some Fanwelt pictures of my own that I need to upload to Flickr. There was so much to look at - and take pictures of :)

Thnx for the pictures... That waterfall moc is gorgeous.... Large amount of stone work. I love it...

Not to hijack this topic, but I've uploaded a few images of my own to my Flickr photostream. They can be found in this set, if you're interested. Better late than never, I figured - there were some amazing creations on display.