Kristel

MOC: Lion's Heart Hotel

Hi guys. Here is my latest modular - the Lion's Heart Hotel. A small boutique hotel, with just three rooms, including a very spacious penthouse. This one is also inspired by a Brisbane building - the Inchcolm Hotel. It has an elevator, which is borrowed from the Town Hall (the design, not the actual elevator).

8273571251_594892c50f_z.jpg

In the lobby is a statue of the knight who was said to have the heart of a lion in battle.

8274632276_af4e7931a6_z.jpg

And a neat little telephone bench.

8273568027_6a491e4f9d_z.jpg

The first floor has a single and a double room.

8273566453_5032cd080f_z.jpg

And the best room in hotel, the penthouse suite.

8273565005_e7cb7c6b66_z.jpg

The hotel is missing a restaurant and bar, but our guests will just have to go next door. I don't think I'd be able to lift the building if I added another floor! Good excuse to add a restaurant to the list of buildings to do.

There are more photos on flickr.

Comments and suggestions always welcome.

Kristel

Ace work, both exterior and furniture. Will have to compare to the inspiration next time I'm up that end of the CBD.

Ev-Man

Brilliant! I love all of your MOCs, but they keep getting better. The colors work well together. I love the entryway detailing. I love the bushes and the phone!

Keep up the great work. I can't wait to see more. Any chance of seeing your entire city together?

Ace work, both exterior and furniture. Will have to compare to the inspiration next time I'm up that end of the CBD.

Thanks, Ev-Man. There are quite a few differences, but they're not hard to spot. I like to make the buildings my own as much as possible. What I drew from the Inchcolm hotel was the entrance and the top floor detailing.

Any chance of seeing your entire city together?

Thanks, LegoDr. Unfortunately, I don't have the bricks or the space for a city layout. I had to break down the modified haunted house for the LBG bricks for this hotel - I have one 1x8 brick and a couple of handfuls of small bricks left in LGB! And I had to raid the interior of the psychiatrist's office for the tiles.

I usually just have 2 - 3 building up at any one time. Currently, I have the psychiatrist office, the hotel, a sand blue townhouse (no interior yet) and my WIP for the Winter Village contest sitting on the dining room table at the moment. Between that and my daughter's Friends layout, there's not much room left on the table!

This is very, very nice - like your other buildings. I love the exterior details on the left and right side of the facade, especially the (limited) use of masonry bricks and the grooves you've made on either side of them using the log bricks facing sideways. The interior is also great, as always - that telephone bench is my favourite detail on the inside. Well done!

Your modulars are always lovely and this one is no exception. I love all the little details like the light design at the entrance, the telephone bench, statue, and lamp designs :thumbup:

There's some great detail work in this and I think the colour combination is definitely a winner.

Thanks for sharing it with us!

:wub: There are almost too many great details to count! I like the flowers inside the gold cups, the use of masonry bricks, the two bathrooms (the shower curtain is great), the lobby, the nice flowerbed....... It looks heavy with the double thick walls. I might need to try that out in order to make my interiors look better.

Keep up the excellent work!

Really nice modular :thumbup: :thumbup:

Very well detailed interior and the two column are great :wink:

Your modulars just keep getting better (and they were great from the start)! I like the simple and clean design with small details - a smart use of masonry brick, lion heads, railing, and lights by the door. The interior is equally impressive. I'd rent the penthouse immediately. It would be great to see all your buildings in a layout. I find them very inspiring.

Great job, your choice of color especially works well! Like the use of the brick-brick on the sides, gives it a very elegant feel! :thumbup: Nice funiture on the interior and the phone looks great! Love the flowers on the outside too, great modular!

What a beautifully detailed hotel 'Kristel', the outside is fitting for the name.....plus the room decor is fantastic ! :grin:

Brick On 'Kristel' ! :sweet:

Great Modular! While the outside isn't as ornate as normal, this is fantastic. I love the light grey corner pillars, NPU there. The color choices are great.

Thanks, soccerkid, eurotrash, wedge09, Kai NRG, lightningtiger and Legocrazy81, I really appreciate all the nice comments.

This is very, very nice - like your other buildings. I love the exterior details on the left and right side of the facade, especially the (limited) use of masonry bricks and the grooves you've made on either side of them using the log bricks facing sideways. The interior is also great, as always - that telephone bench is my favourite detail on the inside. Well done!

Thanks, L@go. I'm really proud of the telephone bench.

:wub: There are almost too many great details to count! I like the flowers inside the gold cups, the use of masonry bricks, the two bathrooms (the shower curtain is great), the lobby, the nice flowerbed....... It looks heavy with the double thick walls. I might need to try that out in order to make my interiors look better.

Keep up the excellent work!

Thanks, paostmo. It is definitely very heavy with the double walls (so much so that I told my husband I was never going to build another 32-wide modular), but it does give you more options.

Your modulars just keep getting better (and they were great from the start)! I like the simple and clean design with small details - a smart use of masonry brick, lion heads, railing, and lights by the door. The interior is equally impressive. I'd rent the penthouse immediately. It would be great to see all your buildings in a layout. I find them very inspiring.

Thanks, Redhead. Your dark green and grey townhouse is one of my favourites and was an inspiration to me. Glad I can give some back.

Not quite a city layout, but here are my current modulars all in a row.

8277108288_445593834a_z.jpg

8277108924_6e6dca0594_z.jpg

The sand blue townhouse and my tan townhouse are very similar as I was working on both when the Modular Madness contest was announced. I was playing around with colours and details, and chose to finish the tan one for the competition. I finally got around to finishing off this sand blue one (without interior).

The outside is not my favorite (I think it's the Transition to the roof), but the inside is fantastic!

So many great details like the beds, the furniture, the bath and the shower curtain.

Your street is also starting to look great. I can't wait te see how it will grow.

Very nice modular, Very nice strreet (is there complete town ?)

I like how you make your frontage : it seems to be simple but I know it 's very difficult to obtain a nice result.

I like all your buildings.

BRAVO KRISTEL

Edited by castor-troy

Nice building.

The columns on the sides are great. Adn you did a nice job on the interior.

A real beauty. So much to see... I like the arches above the main entrance and the lobby floor. Excellent job!

Love the use of "brick" bricks on the exterior. Lovely furnishings throughout.

Thanks, Man with a hat, PoweredbyNorth and brodey1. I'm glad you liked it.

The outside is not my favorite (I think it's the Transition to the roof), but the inside is fantastic!

So many great details like the beds, the furniture, the bath and the shower curtain.

Your street is also starting to look great. I can't wait te see how it will grow.

Thanks, Vincent. I must admit that the transition to the roof was my least favourite part of this building. (See below for why I said "was").

Very nice modular, Very nice strreet (is there complete town ?)

I like how you make your frontage : it seems to be simple but I know it 's very difficult to obtain a nice result.

I like all your buildings.

BRAVO KRISTEL

Thanks, castor-troy.

This is no complete town yet and, unfortunately, my street, modest as it was, is now half the size. A tornado (aka 5.y.o daughter) came through yesterday and dropped the hotel on the floor. It was laying in pieces on the table when I came home from work.

P.S. I just noticed I have a new tag - the girl. Anyone know what this might be for?