Sign in to follow this  
Legonardo

Winter Village: Bag End

hello!

obviously this is not a winning entry but being a new zealander with all the hobbit-hype I couldn't resist :grin:

not that we get snow down here, + its the peak of summer right now but who really cares? it was fun

8273711858_930d3fe76a_c.jpg

enjoy!

(if deemed unsuitable for contest could someone move it to the Historic themes forum? thanks)

Crossover MOC is a good way to describe it. I really enjoy this build a lot, and would like to vote for it as a winner in the winter village contest, but it is so borderline with the winter village theme I wouldn't feel comfortable voting for it. Great job though!!

I love it. I agree about it is odd seeing it with snow due to the normal climate, but it is brilliant! I would never think to do this, but I'm glad someone did. You MOC'd it perfectly.

Keep up the good work!

nice job! Nice idea as welll... Would mr. Tolkien have liked it is well? I guess so ;)

Beautiful! :wub: The door design is quite nice and you chose some interesting pieces for the snow. I don't know if it can be considered a Town MOC, but the idea and execution is very cool!

Very nice MOC. At first sight I thought: oh, Gandalf's gone old. I like your Frosty. :wub: Neat details.

Nice job, creative idea though I'm not sure I would say it's quite in the Winter Village style! The skeleton leg in particular makes for some nice snow, good work on the landscaping! :thumbup:

Look at it this way... This is what happens when someone from the Shire moves into a Winter Village. Not sure if a WV purist would like to have Bilby as a neighbor, but nontheless, here he is. Can't we let Bilby move in to town? ;)

Andy D

Sorry for bumbping this, but

#1: I really like this, and I hadn't seen this yet. Great stuff as always Legonardo.

#2: If you had read LOTR and not only watched the movies, you'd know that winter does happen in the shire!