2. The Avengers

3. Iron Man

4. Iron Man 3

5. Thor

6. Thor: The Dark World

7: Captain America: The First Avengers

8: Iron Man 2

9: Incredible Hulk.

I'm guessing Guardians is going to rank pretty high, though.

Did you not like Guardians?

Mine:

1. The Avengers

2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

3. Guardians of the Galaxy

4. Iron Man

5. Captain America: The First Avenger

6. Iron Man 3

7. Thor: The Dark World

8. Thor

9. Iron Man 2

10. Incredible Hulk- Although I like to pretend this one doesn't exist in the MCU.

-Also: I can't really choose between Winter Soldier and Avengers so they're pretty much tied for me. I was also tempted to put Age of Ultron for number one even though I haven't seen it :tongue:

I haven't seen Guardians of the Galaxy yet.

01. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

02. Guardians of the Galaxy

03. Avengers: Assemble

04. Iron Man 1

05. Thor

06. Thor: The Dark World

07. Iron Man 3

08. Incredible Hulk

09. Captain America: The First Avenger

10. Iron Man 2

Saw Guardians the other day on IMAX 3D. I thought it was amazing visually with all the space shots and the opening credits. It felt very fresh when compared to all the sequels they've been spinning off lately. The opening scene caught me instantly, and it got better from there. I also thought it was great that

Seth Green was Howard the Duck :grin_wub:

Also, on the topic of ranking the Marvel Movies thus far:

1. Avengers
  2. Guardians of the Galaxy
  3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  4. Iron Man
  5. Thor: The Dark World
  6. Thor
  7. Captain America: The First Avenger
  8. Iron Man 2
  9. The Incredible Hulk
  10. Iron Man 3

Edited by K-Nut

My top 10! :sweet:

1. Avengers/Guardian of the Galaxy

3. Iron Man

4. Captain America: The First Avenger

5. Thor: The Dark World

6. Thor

7. Iron Man 2

8. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

9. Iron Man 3

10. The Incredible Hulk

Rather than try to arrange them into precise numerical sequence by preference, I'm just going to lump them into groups of three, by alphabetical order.

Favourite Group: The Avengers, Captain America 2, Guardians of the Galaxy.

Second Favourite Group: Captain America, Iron Man, Thor 2.

Third Favourite Group: Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, Thor.

(Oops, didn't have room for The Incredible Hulk... what a shame. :devil::laugh: )

When we've all given our preferences, I hope someone puts all this data together and comes up with a definitive list of AFOL MCU favourites...

Edited by David Thomsen

My top 10! :sweet:

8. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

:look: You didn't like WS? More importantly, you liked Iron Man 2 more? :oh3:

Anyway, I've heard Daredevil will be released May 2015, any official confirmation on that? Also, how are they going to market these Netflix series? I've never seen tv commercials for a netflix show and I know Marvel is big into marketing. If they're going to be a part of the MCU, I would think they'd want tons of people to watch them. And does anyone know where the rights to Spider-woman lie? They should lie with Marvel studios, right? She has nothing to do with spider-man so I don't think Sony would have her. They're apparently making some female superhero movie at Sony.

Edited by Ultron

Yup I know a lot of people enjoyed it but it never clicked for me the both times I watched it.

Maybe it was the fact I already knew about the Hydra thing from Agents of SHEILD or the fact that there wasn't enough Bucky, it felt like a below par action movie.

It dragged a bit too, I wanted to walk out twice I believe :shrug_oh_well:

It has been a while since I watched Iron Man 2 but I remember it feeling like a Marvel movie with super hero-y action and that movie really started the whole Avengers thing so I enjoyed it :classic:

They might be able to do the ultimate version of Spider-Woman, who is a female clone of Peter Parker. It would actually make sense since the movies make a huge deal about the venom only working with Peter's DNA.

Yup I know a lot of people enjoyed it but it never clicked for me the both times I watched it.

Maybe it was the fact I already knew about the Hydra thing from Agents of SHEILD or the fact that there wasn't enough Bucky, it felt like a below par action movie.

It dragged a bit too, I wanted to walk out twice I believe :shrug_oh_well:

It has been a while since I watched Iron Man 2 but I remember it feeling like a Marvel movie with super hero-y action and that movie really started the whole Avengers thing so I enjoyed it :classic:

I see, that makes more sense. There really wasn't enough Bucky in it... :sadnew:

They might be able to do the ultimate version of Spider-Woman, who is a female clone of Peter Parker. It would actually make sense since the movies make a huge deal about the venom only working with Peter's DNA.

God, I hope they don't. Spider-woman doesn't deserve to be ruined by Sony! :cry_sad: I could easily see Spider-woman becoming the next Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver debate between studios should the MCU want to use her.

Edited by Ultron

Anyway, I've heard Daredevil will be released May 2015, any official confirmation on that? Also, how are they going to market these Netflix series? I've never seen tv commercials for a netflix show and I know Marvel is big into marketing. If they're going to be a part of the MCU, I would think they'd want tons of people to watch them. And does anyone know where the rights to Spider-woman lie? They should lie with Marvel studios, right? She has nothing to do with spider-man so I don't think Sony would have her. They're apparently making some female superhero movie at Sony.

Spider-Woman was deliberately created to be entirely isolated from the Spider-Man license. She was created to block the then Spider-Man TV rights holder from creating a female spider hero. (Well technically it was to prevent the Incredible Hulk show from making a female hulk, but the fear covered all the outstanding licenses, hence we suddenly got She-Hulk, Spider-Woman and Ms. marvel) The two characters share nothing in origin and never crossed paths until almost 2 years into her initial comic run. If anything she shares the most with Nick Fury and the Avengers licenses as she was created by Hydra. I get the impression that a lot of her backstory is being used for the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver in Avengers 2.

Oh my gosh. GOTG was....

FANTABULOUS!

Also, here are my top 3 MCU movies.

1. Guardians of the Galaxy

3. Avengers Assemble

4. Iron Man 3

I saw GotG the other day and it is definitely on my list of the 'best' Marvel films.

1. Captain America: TWS

2. Guardians of the Galaxy

3. Avengers Assemble

4. Iron Man

5.Thor: TDW

That's just MCU films by the way ;)

That's you hoping that someone, someday, will make a female lead superhero film.....Fiege doesn't seem that bothered by it.

OK James Gunn just earned my respect. Apparently there is a big reveal in that end trailer scene. One that probably heralds another character entering the Thanos mix. But everyone missed it because they were distracted by the obvious gag.

OK this was well done. I missed this first time around. Everyone is looking at the duck, that they miss what is going on behind him. There is a cocoon. One that we first see in the end credit scene from Thor the Dark World.

thor2-cocoon-who-has-two-thumbs-immortality-and-the-aether.jpeg?width=450&height=227

It's still there when the Guardians come to pay a visit. But if you aren't too distracted by the super secret end credit over the top surprise of Howard the Duck talking at you, you might notice something else. The cocoon is now open and whatever was in it is gone. And long time Marvel cosmic fans know all to well who comes out of that type of cocoon. One of the other comic members of the Guardians and long time top Thanos antagonist Adam Warlock has probably just stepped out into the MCU.

tumblr_n9pjfuIOKv1s2lswpo1_500.jpg

so I wonder if they will try and slip in anymore of the other comic Guardians? They managed to tease us a bit with Cosmo and Warlock this time. What do you figure the chances of any others showing up are? I know Avengers AoU has a Korean actress playing an as yet unannounced role. It's probably to much to hope she might be Mantis? Plus they would probably save her until Avengers build to a Kang story arc. (My prediction remains Avengers Phase 4 will be either Zemo and the Masters of Evil, or Kang. With the money riding on Kang as MoE dances a little to close to Sony's desire to do a Sinsiter Six movie.) Phyla Vel and Moondragon are just to intertwined in weird continuity, plus to far down the Z list to really show up anywhere outside of un named cameo's. Bug or Major Victory would be cool. And both would fit in well if they opt for a Kang based Phase 4. (That whole bit where the Guardians find the gate to Avengers mansion and Major Victory holding Captain Americas shield, frozen outside of time in Limbo just screams "use me as a teaser".)

Great spot!!! It's all leading up to The Infinity Gauntlet.....

I'd love Charlie 27 and Vince Astro to make an appearance in GotG2.

Not sure if this is a spoiler, but Kyle MacLachlan has been cast in Agents of Shield season 2 as

Skye's Father!

OK James Gunn just earned my respect. Apparently there is a big reveal in that end trailer scene. One that probably heralds another character entering the Thanos mix. But everyone missed it because they were distracted by the obvious gag.

(Cut: spoiler)

Wow... I'm going to see it a second time soon and I'm really going to have to look out for it. Great distraction technique! I wonder what other easter eggs have been completely overlooked?

I just read this article and I have to say that GotG is now without any doubt my favourite MCU film. I actually relate in some way to four of the five psychological difficulties of the Guardians, which I didn't realise until the article brought it to my attention. Drax in particular I thought was kind of dumb, and now I feel bad that I perceived him that way.

Also, those bars on the legs of their prison suits... are they supposed to represent the crimes that they are being held for? Because that's a nice touch.

Edited by David Thomsen

Quick note because I'm on my phone, but I saw GotG and loved it. One if the best so far. All of the characters were beautifully acted, even the animated characters.

I enjoyed GOTG, but I felt it was very much more like Star Wars then necessarily a Marvil film. Don't get me wrong though, a great film all round with a thoroughly compelling plot and great casting and characters. I guess I just prefer the Super-soldiers and Secret Espionage side of the Marvel MCU. :classic:

Updated Ranks of Movies:

1. Guardians of the Galaxy

2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

3. The Avengers

4. Thor

5. Captain America

6. Iron Man 1

7. Iron Man 2

8. Iron Man 3

9. Thor: The Dark World

Vin Diesel posted on FB "I get the strange feeling that Marvel thinks I'm Inhuman...Haha" and then a picture of Groot. Is this a subtle hint that there will be an Inhumans film and he'll be in it?

I enjoyed GOTG, but I felt it was very much more like Star Wars then necessarily a Marvil film. Don't get me wrong though, a great film all round with a thoroughly compelling plot and great casting and characters. I guess I just prefer the Super-soldiers and Secret Espionage side of the Marvel MCU. :classic:

I think I enjoy both for different reasons. Winter Soldier seemed quite sophisticated for an action film, while GotG succeeded in taking inspiration from all of my favourite childhood movies, like Indiana Jones and Star Wars. The kind of films that they don't make any more, for whatever reason.

Vin Diesel posted on FB "I get the strange feeling that Marvel thinks I'm Inhuman...Haha" and then a picture of Groot. Is this a subtle hint that there will be an Inhumans film and he'll be in it?

Sounds to me like he's just trolling, or doesn't realise the significance to the fan community of what he said. I wouldn't read too much into it.